Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Expectations in 2006 - where do you expect we'll end up?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:07 pm
Post subject: Expectations in 2006 - where do you expect we'll end up?Reply with quote

So where will we end up? What is an acceptable finish? And (we can always dream Smile) could we possibly win that 110th Premiership Cup?

I believe we'll end up on or about 6th place, which is handy, given that we would have a home final, and our finals record is pretty damn good (save for Grand Finals).

Par for the 2006 course is 8th place, and plenty of improvement shown from our youner players. Nothing less, really. As MM said, we will be bitterly disappointed with anything lower than a finals berth.

2007 is the year that I firmly believe we will come of age as a team, but we will need patience. And no rush sackings of the coach Stan Alves 1998 style.

Go Pies, and Merry Christmas.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

10th. Finals in 2007, similar improvement from 2000-2001-2002 over 2005-2007.
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:45 pm

Well Robert Walls has suggested Essendon will finish 4th. Confused
woody-woody 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:04 pm

8 years into our 5 year plan
millanedaicos 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:10 pm

We can match it with the Swans/Eagles/etc. on our day no worries. I would hope top 4 being optimistic but at least top 8 - injuries or no injuries - no excuses.

millanedaicos
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:15 pm

If we have a decent run with injuries, top 8. If we have a fantastic year with injuries, an outside chance for the flag.
AFL_Record Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:01 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
If we have a decent run with injuries, top 8. If we have a fantastic year with injuries, an outside chance for the flag.

Well put, Lone Ranger. Exactly the way I would do it.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:13 am

Quote:
Well Robert Walls has suggested Essendon will finish 4th.

Are you serious? I thought Walls was one who had doubts over the Dons, and anyway, he has never really 'liked' them. Confused Did he say that on 3AW?
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:43 am

5th.

Why does everybody always predict 4th or 6th or 8th but nobody ever predicts 5th Smile Smile Smile
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:20 am

Last.

(Just to beat Dr Alf to the prediction!)
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:24 am

London Dave wrote:
Last.

(Just to beat Dr Alf to the prediction!)

Bryce Gibbs here we come , but in all seriousness top 8 - top 4 our full list is top 4 and it is better than both the swans and eagles list.
All we need is a bit of luck with injuries and the flag is ours because we r in a period were no team is overly dominant like previous years just like last year the premeirship is wide open and hopefully we will be the next team dominate a period.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:52 am

Our list may be better than the Swans, but it dont think its better than the weagles.

Their midfield has champions in their prime, including the last two brownlow medallists.

Ours only has champs past their prime, and youngsters with potential.
ALthough id rate our defence higher than theirs (but i rate it above most peoples).

I know we can match it with them on gameday, but mostly because our choking, lock-down style of gameplay is the achilles heel of many of their stars, and pretty much their team as a whole. As good as Judd is, he chokes under a good tag. WHy do you think Rhyce has beat him on most previous occaisons....not cos Racer is a better player, thats for sure.
foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:14 am

On paper I believe we can make the top 8. Its the performance factor that is the critical issue. Listening to the players comments there is a major contrast from last year. They did not believe in themselvse to succeed. The scars from the 2003 grandfinal stigma that weighed them down in confidence and performance seems to have disappeared if you read into what they are saying. The team is fresh, with a mix of experienced players and a hint of enthusiasm from the youth. On paper (not being biased or anything hehe) our forward line is one of the best in the competition that not many could possibly line up on (disregarding injuries) you would have the height and strength of rocca, t cloke, c cloke, to the speed of tarrant and rusling, with the class of carracella, didak and even thomas if he has a go this year. Our defense is solid with clement, presti and wakelin. The courage of J Cloke who has put in a good pre season so far and would be looking to hold down a position and Maxwell even though he is a stick he's not afraid to put his body in. I see Stanley also holding a position down taking the place of cole who was a tough nut. The mid's from leon neon, dids, broadie, licca, shaw, johnson, burns, rowe, egan... we have a very promising list ahead. Our rucks Fraser and Richards... Fanning may find it hard to have a place if they are both fit.

and well Bux... he's a champ I dont need to mention what he'd do for the team!

We have some promising youngsters from the draft who I hope will add flavour to this mix. Next season will be a very big year ahead for us. Get excited kids.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:24 am

Nothing less than finals football will be acceptable.

prediction 8th to 10th

Getting some of our injured stars through the year unscathed would be a huge bonus to our prospects. Don't/Can't expect any realistic contribution from our exciting new draftees this year but, I also think our second year guys will still need another year and expect promising but modest contributions from (Travis, Ego, Rusling, Davies, etc.).
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:18 am

We will finish between 7th and 5th providing we have a good run with injuries and the youngsters fire up. Carn the Maggies...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: