Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:13 am
Post subject: Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?Reply with quote

Have heard a signifcant number of long term members (including Social club and Legends Members) are seriously considering not renewing if Malthouse gets another contract.

I will seriously lose ALL faith in Edward McGuire and this board if they reappoint Malthouse.

It pains me to say it but I will seriously consider walking away from the club after 30 years unless MM goes. I never in my life felt this way about the Collingwood FC Crying or Very sad

Not sure if I would just quit as a member or keep my Legends Membership and just not attend.

Eddie recanted a story about when the Pies got flogged by the Blues in 1998 and he saw a member screaming out loud "PHUCK YOU COLLINGWOOD".

I think that sums up how I'm feeling right now.

Eddie said from that day he wanted Collingwood to get respect back and become successful. Well he appointed MM in good faith and for a variety reasons we haven't attained the holy grail and I just can't see how a coach which such and indirect game plan and a lack of respect for genuine ruckman can be a premiership coach in this modern day footy.

On Saturday I'll be getting up at 4.45am to catch a 4 hour flight 6.10am to Perth to see the Pies play at Subiaco and to be honest I really don't want to go and it's terrible that I am feeling this way.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Strong words Turtle, and very well put. I can feel your pain and frustration. People know my views on MM, i will not repeat them here. I love the Pies, and i would never walk away, but i have real, real concerns for it now. An AGM spill of all the Board may be the answer, but that is not my perogative, just an ordinary Member.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:23 am
Post subject: Re: Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?Reply with quote

The Collingwood Turtle wrote:
Have heard a signifcant number of long term members (including Social club and Legends Members) are seriously considering not renewing if Malthouse gets another contract.

I will seriously lose ALL faith in Edward McGuire and this board if they reappoint Malthouse.

It pains me to say it but I will seriously consider walking away from the club after 30 years unless MM goes. I never in my life felt this way about the Collingwood FC Crying or Very sad

Not sure if I would just quit as a member or keep my Legends Membership and just not attend.

Eddie recanted a story about when the Pies got flogged by the Blues in 1998 and he saw a member screaming out loud "PHUCK YOU COLLINGWOOD".

I think that sums up how I'm feeling right now.

Eddie said from that day he wanted Collingwood to get respect back and become successful. Well he appointed MM in good faith and for a variety reasons we haven't attained the holy grail and I just can't see how a coach which such and indirect game plan and a lack of respect for genuine ruckman can be a premiership coach in this modern day footy.

On Saturday I'll be getting up at 4.45am to catch a 4 hour flight 6.10am to Perth to see the Pies play at Subiaco and to be honest I really don't want to go and it's terrible that I am feeling this way.

I will be keeping my legends membership but only beacuse of the seats and voting rights that are attached to it.

Should the great oracle that is Mick 'Supercoach' Malthouse continue in his role of pseudocaoach at Collingwood I can imagine that there will be two empty seats in the Pony at quite a few games next year.

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:27 am

lol definately not. how silly
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:30 am

Well goodbye then.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 am

This thread title should be reworded:

Are you a Collingwood supporter?

Forgive me for going out on a limb here, but I have this nagging feeling that if the board reappoint Malthouse, they will do so because they are of the informed opinion that he is the most likely coach to bring us success. I know there are those here that would strongly disagree with that decision, but they would hopefully concede the above point and simultaneously realise that the people who are paid to assist the Collingwood Football Club in gaining success might have some clue as to what they're doing. Even those who disagree with that sentiment will hopefully be mature enough to realise that supporting a football team does not imply getting what you want all the time. Ceasing to support a football team because you don't like the coach is nothing short of pathetic.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:50 am

^ Dave, yes, but what concerns me is that Bucks will then go to another team as coach( If MM is reappointed) and like Sheedy did to the Tigers-at Essendon-leading that side to a flag before WE get one. Have you considered that outcome at all, losing Bucks for maybe ten years ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:04 am

It would be a shame, especially if he was successful, but the club cannot afford to allow nostalgia to influence their decision-making. Nostalgia gave us Tony Shaw as coach. It is no foregone conclusion that Buckley will lead another team to a flag in the near future, just as it is no forgone conclusion that he will lead us to one. The club have to make the best decision based on the available information, and I trust them to do so.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:41 am

Piesnchess wrote:
^ Dave, yes, but what concerns me is that Bucks will then go to another team as coach( If MM is reappointed) and like Sheedy did to the Tigers-at Essendon-leading that side to a flag before WE get one. Have you considered that outcome at all, losing Bucks for maybe ten years ??

that is so narrowed minded. you are typically jumping to a solution without understanding what the problem truly is.

so what if nathan buckley heads to another club? this is a professional industry and as much as he and others may have a romantic notion of him coaching collingwood, if it doesn't happen you know that buckley will have done what is right for him.

and in repsonse to turtle's question, the answer is an emphatic no.

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 am

Turtle, I know you very well mate and like me I know you will NEVER walk away from Collingwood. Keep the faith whatever happens but in my opinion on the coach, I say bring back THE KING of COLLINGWOOD!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
nulla 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:52 am

Would never turn my back on Collingwood.

Whatever decision is made I support it

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:54 am

Turtle mate, I have been having similar feelings. I have lost all passion for football this week. Now I read they are in contract talks? What a joke. Not going to Perth, thank god, probably won't even watch it on tv.

I can't remember a time when I have been so disillusioned with the club.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:39 am

Pies, coach in contract talks
Quote:

COLLINGWOOD has opened contract talks with Mick Malthouse, with his manager confirming last night that he had met club chiefs in recent weeks with a view to renewing the most controversial coaching contract in football.

Dropping something of a bombshell into the ongoing speculation about Malthouse's future, manager Peter Sidwell said he believed his charge should remain at the Magpies and indicated to The Age that the feeling was mutual.

When asked whether Malthouse had unofficially been offered a contract extension by club president Eddie McGuire, Sidwell said: "Certainly there's an understanding between the parties about going forward.

I've said it before, and this time I'll stick by my word. If Mick's contract is renewed and we lose Buckley, I'll walk out the door and not return until Mick and Eddie have both gone. Stuff them, because they'll stuff any chance we ever had at success.

Eddie get real. Do the right thing by the club or you and your cronies will split this club in half. I'd rather walk away from footy for a while than put up with the shite this club is dishing up at the moment. Evil or Very Mad

If Eddie can't see that Mick has lost his marbles then he's as much of an idiot as most of those contestants on his new quiz show!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:55 am

David wrote:
Ceasing to support a football team because you don't like the coach is nothing short of pathetic.

Haven't you heard of the concept of going into exile David?

A strategic withdrawal until, like General Macarthur, the time is right for a return.

To reappoint MM would mean Eddie does not appreciate the concerns of the Collingwood rank and file, but has turned this club into his own private rich boy's toy. A disgrace!

Especially when this club is paying MM 900k for the shite simplistic game plan he serves up every week. Especially since Mick derails so many potentially great footy careers because he sticks a straightjacket on young kids. Stars just don't develop under the Malthouse system. I suspect Beams will decide to go to the Gold Coast if Mick stays, and good luck to him.

I will always be Black and White, but I won't support the privatisation of Collingwood on any terms. I'll support the Storm and Victory until Eddie is gone!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:57 am

David wrote:
It would be a shame, especially if he was successful, but the club cannot afford to allow nostalgia to influence their decision-making. Nostalgia gave us Tony Shaw as coach. It is no foregone conclusion that Buckley will lead another team to a flag in the near future, just as it is no forgone conclusion that he will lead us to one. The club have to make the best decision based on the available information, and I trust them to do so.

David I didn't know you'd been put on the club's propaganda payroll! Geez you're easily bought.

If you think Nathan Buckley is another Tony Shaw in the coaches box, you're a bigger idiot than Eddie McGuire!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14   

Jump to: