Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The better coach - Buckley or Cameron

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I'll take Buckley the coach over Cameron the coach, but I'll take the entire recruiting team at GWS over the clowns in charge of recruiting at Collingwood since Malthouse left.

You fail to understand the advantages that GWS have been given in the recruiting stakes by having an open cheque and a vast number of extra 1st and 2nd round draft picks over the years. An average recruiter could have achieved as good or a better results based on the unpredictability of player development.

The effect of injury on Freeman, DeGoey, Scharenberg and Elliott are major factors and I would suggest that if they had remained injury free we would be a much better team with better results.

Also, how many first and second round GWS picks have failed or have now ended up at other clubs due to lack or development and/or injury.

Just completed the on-line member survey and vented my anger at the club list management and recruiting. Feeling a lot better now. Better still if I win a lunch with Nathan Buckley and let him know what I think about some of his recruitment choices.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:20 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Watched live the giants v cats not so long ago, it ended in a draw. Both teams have there up side and down like any team. Giants have individual talent but lack mongrel. Pattan should be ashamed of himself. Cameron is harder to find out there than our own Blair. It really shows how cloke was our MIP we had during the MM years.
Geelong have skills and are well drilled, they know each other better than most teams out there in the middle. But they lack pace and are two reliant on to few. Tigers to win. Both giants and cats out in straight sets.

Good call.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 pm

My main concern with Bucks is his love for transition footy and whether our list has the skills to produce that type of footy consistently.

Geelong got smashed tonight under intense pressure. I didn't see much transition footy being allowed by the tigers. Can transition footy really hold up in September.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 am

^Yes it can look at Hawthorn
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:04 am

neil wrote:
^Yes it can look at Hawthorn

When do they play their final this year?

You need very good skills and fitness levels to pull it off, we don't have them, and this year neither do Hawthorn. But I reckon bloody Hawks will bounce back fast

Last edited by think positive on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 am

Johnno75 wrote:
My main concern with Bucks is his love for transition footy and whether our list has the skills to produce that type of footy consistently.

Geelong got smashed tonight under intense pressure. I didn't see much transition footy being allowed by the tigers. Can transition footy really hold up in September.

Players zone back to prevent the transition. Richmond have a better defensive unit than Geelong, hence were able to zone back better and prevent goals being kicked down their defensive end. Geelong's midfield was bing beaten as well. Only Dangerfield was doing anything. Richmond was winning the stoppages and so the flow of ball wasn't getting to the Geelong forward line to enable the Geelong forwards the opportunity to score.

So it's not transition football that doesn't hold up in finals. It's a combination of reasons mainly to do with a winning midfield and a defensive unit that holds up under pressure. Fast movement of the football out of defence scores you goals from the transition, but it depends on the leads further up the field and the ability of players to hit their targets by hand and foot.

At Collingwood we have the game plan but we don't have the players to execute it. Players miss targets by hand and foot. We don't have enough speed off the half back line to transition the ball and we don't have the tall forwards to take the mark. On this last point Richmond showed last night they didn't need the marking forwards to take a mark to beat Geelong because their midfield and defence did it all. However in a GF against Adelaide where you have Walker and Jenkins to take the mark in the forward line and Betts to crumb the ball off the packs, I would be expecting the Richmond defence to be stretched.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:47 am

I'd say the Tigers move the ball as well as anyone. That's their strength and our weakness
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:12 am

35forever wrote:
Give me a bloody break!
Cameron Daddo would be a better coach! He is making Shaw's record look brilliant! Go LOOK at the team Shaw inherited! Now compare to getting the reigning double minor premiers! And managing to get them right out of the finals in just his third season! NO ONE predicted that! Even I wrote that it would take him 4 years! But he beat expectations.

This has been the most traitorous, disastrous, idiotic clusterf*ck in the history of the game! Carlton & Essendon fans (including that lousy lying Mongrel McGuire) are dead set PISSING themselves!
I'd suggest Eddie go be President of Carlton, but he's doing more for them here than they could've dreamed. He MUST be getting paid by Carlton, coz he has destroyed Collingwood for years to come. Maybe decades!

There is NO way you can call the blond tosser a coach! All these asshole commentators from other teams, sold Buckley like he was Jock himself, and we FELL for it!

I keep hearing this RAP about how he's improved! I heard the same last year! AND the year before! How many of you said "Well, I reckon he probably deserves just 1 more year" FOR FIVE YEARS!?
So TELL me you geniuses, HOW has he improved? HOW do you explain notching up the first ever handing over of a 50 point lead in the 3rd? HOW do you think the players are behind him? Because they say it in interviews???
Yeah, sure, they're gonna say exactly what they think!!! From First to 13th in just 5 years, with the list he's got is a bloody Miracle, and the numbers can't be Mae to say ANYTHING except that he is the worst we've ever had! By miles & miles!! Go read the gamely threads! He hasn’t changed a DAMN thing!

He won't change next year either! It'll be 5 goal leads in the first or second followed by a change in the strategy of the oppo coach, followed by us folding like a 7th dan Origami black belt because we don't have a coach, just a clown bashing telephones in the box!!!! Sometimes the sheer guts of our boys will get us back in it, mostly it won't.

Next year it'll be 15th/17th followed by me committing murder.

NOW ask yourself this ONE question...

If Buckley had been dumped last week, which club would have snapped him up as their Senior coach?

Come on, you know the answer...

Pretty sure there were thousands of tiger "Supporters"?? saying the same thing about Hardwick.I wonder if they've slithered back into the woodwork yet or are they using the old"I'm a member I'll saying whatever I want" Theory?? Either way, weak as piss.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:16 pm

swoop42 wrote:
In my mind both Buckley and Cameron have proven to be average coaches to date and with that you get greater levels of under performance.

For us that means missing the 8 with a group that should be playing finals, for them it means not making a grand final.

I don't think we should have played finals this year. Our defence and forward line, as constituted early, were one of the weakest in the comp. It improved later, but there are still holes there.

The Giants as a team are too talented. They don't yet have the grunt needed to be the best and will fail in finals until they do. More maturity may be enough. I don't think the "failings" of either team necessarily have much to do with the coach.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

Players zone back to prevent the transition. Richmond have a better defensive unit than Geelong, hence were able to zone back better and prevent goals being kicked down their defensive end. Geelong's midfield was bing beaten as well. Only Dangerfield was doing anything. Richmond was winning the stoppages and so the flow of ball wasn't getting to the Geelong forward line to enable the Geelong forwards the opportunity to score.

So it's not transition football that doesn't hold up in finals. It's a combination of reasons mainly to do with a winning midfield and a defensive unit that holds up under pressure. Fast movement of the football out of defence scores you goals from the transition, but it depends on the leads further up the field and the ability of players to hit their targets by hand and foot.

At Collingwood we have the game plan but we don't have the players to execute it. Players miss targets by hand and foot. We don't have enough speed off the half back line to transition the ball and we don't have the tall forwards to take the mark. On this last point Richmond showed last night they didn't need the marking forwards to take a mark to beat Geelong because their midfield and defence did it all. However in a GF against Adelaide where you have Walker and Jenkins to take the mark in the forward line and Betts to crumb the ball off the packs, I would be expecting the Richmond defence to be stretched.

If the Giants get to the Tigers and click, their forward line of Patton, Cameron and floating Lobb will give them some trouble.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Cam wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

If the Giants get to the Tigers and click, their forward line of Patton, Cameron and floating Lobb will give them some trouble.

True, look the cats were rotten last night, nothing went right for em, yet were still well in the game at three quarter time. Tigers played as well as they can, they cant improve on that. Now if they meet the Crows in the GF, its going to be a very, very different proposition to last nights easy time, the crows have the best forward line in the league, great mids and a tough as nails defence, and they finished top. Let the Tigger train roll on, with its cockiness, the Crows are waiting. And the Giants, as you say, could also cause them big trouble too, no doubt Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:09 pm

^ Mate, Cats weren't in it at all. Tigers dominated everywhere but the scoreboard. Any other week, they are 12 goals up at 1/2 time.

Tigers are the real deal and you need to deal with that!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:19 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
^ Mate, Cats weren't in it at all. Tigers dominated everywhere but the scoreboard. Any other week, they are 12 goals up at 1/2 time.

Tigers are the real deal and you need to deal with that!

Mate, you honestly think the crows or now the very dangerous swans are going to give the tiges that much latitude, no tag on Dusty ? Crows have a very potent forward line, great mids, and a hard as nails defence, as do the swans. The tiges beat a creampuff mob last night, who only make the finals due to their little boutique shithole where they dominate, they cant handle the G, even WE troubled the cats there. The crows finished top for a reason, and are the real deal, as are the swans, make no mistake. I hope the media keep pumping the tigger train, though, get em nice and over confident, then BANG in the GF, where anything can happen. Love to see that twat mick molloys moosh if they **** it up. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:45 pm

35forever wrote:
Give me a bloody break!
Cameron Daddo would be a better coach! He is making Shaw's record look brilliant! Go LOOK at the team Shaw inherited! Now compare to getting the reigning double minor premiers! And managing to get them right out of the finals in just his third season! NO ONE predicted that! Even I wrote that it would take him 4 years! But he beat expectations.

This has been the most traitorous, disastrous, idiotic clusterf*ck in the history of the game! Carlton & Essendon fans (including that lousy lying Mongrel McGuire) are dead set PISSING themselves!
I'd suggest Eddie go be President of Carlton, but he's doing more for them here than they could've dreamed. He MUST be getting paid by Carlton, coz he has destroyed Collingwood for years to come. Maybe decades!

There is NO way you can call the blond tosser a coach! All these asshole commentators from other teams, sold Buckley like he was Jock himself, and we FELL for it!

I keep hearing this RAP about how he's improved! I heard the same last year! AND the year before! How many of you said "Well, I reckon he probably deserves just 1 more year" FOR FIVE YEARS!?
So TELL me you geniuses, HOW has he improved? HOW do you explain notching up the first ever handing over of a 50 point lead in the 3rd? HOW do you think the players are behind him? Because they say it in interviews???
Yeah, sure, they're gonna say exactly what they think!!! From First to 13th in just 5 years, with the list he's got is a bloody Miracle, and the numbers can't be Mae to say ANYTHING except that he is the worst we've ever had! By miles & miles!! Go read the gamely threads! He hasn’t changed a DAMN thing!

He won't change next year either! It'll be 5 goal leads in the first or second followed by a change in the strategy of the oppo coach, followed by us folding like a 7th dan Origami black belt because we don't have a coach, just a clown bashing telephones in the box!!!! Sometimes the sheer guts of our boys will get us back in it, mostly it won't.

If Buckley had been dumped last week, which club would have snapped him up as their Senior coach?

We all know how ya feel, why don't you just shut up.

Last edited by Pa Marmo on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:07 pm

35forever wrote:
Give me a bloody break!

There's only one club with a Snr Coach out of contract.

Sort of invalidates your attempted point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: