Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#19 Andrew Williams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson#26 wrote:
A team like the Bulldogs may take a punt on Willo. I'd love to see him hang around but at the moment he is drasticly out of form.
As for Benny, he might be a chance at the Crows, seeing he is a Adelaide boy from his junior days and with the possibilty that Carey will go at the seasons end, they may want a tall forward.

We might end up with a couple of high draft choices for them. Better than nothing I suppose.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:36 pm

high? as in high numbered draft choices? Wont get a first round pick and a second round one is unlikely.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:39 pm

Newelly wrote:
high? as in high numbered draft choices? Wont get a first round pick and a second round one is unlikely.

Sorry, I meant a high number, as in 50 or 60.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:06 pm

Ben can play well but will never be a star. It was noticeable last year, however, that when Taz and Rocca were playing well, he gained just that little bit less attention from the opposition and came into his own. When one or the other was out, he was checked too closely. However, his position is clearly under threat from C Cloke, Morrison, Davidson, etc. and I think he will have to move on once one of them establishes their place as our number 3 tall forward. Still, the guy has played 50 games and you don't play 50 games without having some talent, so leave him be. He's one of ours.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:32 am

Doc63 wrote:
Sorry, I meant a high number, as in 50 or 60.

I was hoping you meant that!

Quote:
However, his position is clearly under threat from C Cloke, Morrison, Davidson, etc. and I think he will have to move on once one of them establishes their place as our number 3 tall forward.

You are right Canniball, when the next wave of talent such as Cloke, Davidson & Morrison come through, Kinnear's position will be under threat.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:41 am

Brad Gotch was quoted on the club webite as saying about Billy Morrison that "we’re just waiting for him to grab a match by the scruff of the neck". That's a big rap and would put his potential on a par with Taz and Rocca.

However, Ben had 10 possessions and 6 marks in last week's game and led the team in 1%ers. Brad said he was capable of better at that level but will be the better for the run after several games with extended bench time in the seniors.

I'd like to see Ben run into some serious form at Willi, earn some time in the seniors and get a few more games under his belt before passing the baton to the young kids.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:21 am

I've written about this in the past but I`ll relate again. I recall reading an article in Inside Sport regarding AFL draftees circa 1998. Kinnear was featured as he had rated the highest in reaction time and motor skills. One wonders if they guy really hasn't got his heart in it at Collingwood? They say he's a fitness freak, but I rarely see him running hard on leads. He hasn't gained any significant muscle over the years at the club either. We may be better off trying to trade him to one of the Adelaide clubs for a draft pick.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:16 pm

Cotta wrote:
Geez i'm sick to death of idiots having a go at McGough. Seriously, does anyone go to the footy and watch what he does?

Gotta agree. The only problem I have with McGough at present is the amount of time he takes to get rid of the ball. Apart from that, he is a ball magnet.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:19 pm

LeonSkyDiamonds wrote:
It's very difficult to take anyone serious who compares one of the all time greats-Greg Williams Norm Smith Medalist,2 time Brownlow medalist with Scum & Swans,4 or 5 times B & F with 2 clubs and one of the most prolific gatherers and exquisite users of the ball either by hand or foot

He actually wasn't exquisite by foot. He was Mr. Handball.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:26 pm

Just on the topic, I think it is time Andrew Williams had a go at another club. He had his senses knocked out of him (which can no longer be used as an excuse for his bad form), and now he needs he senses knocked back into him. Trading him may do that, but he isn't going to any value to us, and is only treading water.

As for Kinnear, I still fail to understand why we signed him for two years. That was very dumb, and I would like to see him traded (or delisted) at the end of the year, but we may have to pay him out.
Clokey 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:18 pm
Post subject: Andy WilliamsReply with quote

I know most ppl don't think he is good. But we only saw a couple of games of end of year and he was good against Carlton. I think thats because hes changed a bit and he is big and strong now.

I think he will get stronger and bigger by next year he will be a nice extra option for sitting in the goalsquare or something and taking strong marks.
sq3 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:55 pm

He hasn't been the same since the game at the G in second half of 2003 when he got crunched hard and had the rib injuries.

The extra size in 2004 has helped him gain confidence and that started to show in the last few games of this year.

Could basically be a new recruit in 2005.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:56 pm

I don't really think a 25 year old grows much bigger and at 183cm/83kg, you wanna put him in the goal square? Sheesh.
Clokey 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:51 pm

Why would his age matter? You can do serious bodybuilding easily at that age.

I don't see why not you've got Taz leading off and Rocca at CHF there, so hes not gonna have a fullback on him.
Cotta 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:59 pm

Seriously guys, go back and watch that Carlton game. He was hopeless, kicked a couple of goals from lerking at the back of packs and outwide. He played disasterously early in the year and you would struggle to find a single highlight (read 1%er) from his 5 games.
You mention he's 25. How can a 25y old have such a crap year without injury (from memory), be out of contract (pretty sure) and be considered for spot on the list next year. I'd rather have a punt on an 17-19y old in the draft @65-75, cause williams is useless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: