Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrysz wrote:
This echoes my post from a few months back.

W H-E is a GUN.

Yep, should be linked.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:40 pm

A big yes from me. How do we acquire him though? Do we give Witts and a late rounder?

This guy went pick 4 and could be a star if he has overcome his shoulder injury.

I think this is the most exciting recruit we are looking at, he's a good age 23 he's explosive, great finisher and can take a grab, this is just what we need a bit of x-factor.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:59 pm

m

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Looks like a player, Has a lot of run and some pace! Still as a priorityI would be spending our cash on a KPP. There are question marks on our Elliot and Faz so you could mount a case for that as Hoskin-Elliot looks to be a versatile forward.

Last edited by Mossi on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:09 pm

mattys123 wrote:
The WHE story isn't dissimilar to the James Aish one.

Really highly rated by everyone going into his draft, and was taken very high.

Then had injury and form setbacks and despite flashes of brilliance (big game vs the Dogs at end of 2014, 5 goals) but hasn't shown what he is really capable of.

Like Aish it's time for a change of club too, has been fit for the second half of the year but can't get into that strong Giants 22.

He's a great get, for the right price.

WHE been in the League since 2012 and Don't have the Same Numbers Aish has had

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=A&tid2=25&type=A&pid1=3924&pid2=3642&fid1=C&fid2=C

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:20 pm

WHE should be easier to come by as Carlton want Marchbank & Stewart by the sounds of it. The sticking point will be value wise. Carlton have said they won't part with pick 5 and they have no 2nd round picks left (they traded them to GWS last year)
WHE is a little different he hasn't established himself on there best 22 every week. He's had some injuries and has taken time to adjust after them
I think this isn't to hard of a deal to get done actually for us.
We will get a minimum of a second round pick for Witts, and maybe late second early thrid rounds for Cloke Oxley Willaims plus we have St Kildas second round pick this year for Freeman (we lose ours to the Lions though)
So for me we could give them a second round pick this year and next or a player like Witts and a second round pick next year.
Landing any other mentioned targets like Wells or Mayne won't cost us anything trade wise so we have some (not a load) of powder still dry
I still wouldn't be surprised to see Gubby broker a mega trade to actually land us a big fish (I've heard still Rance and Dimma aren't seeing eye to eye) so who knows what can happen in trade week.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Personally I would prefer Stewart to WHE, particularly if Stewart comes cheaper, as we have enough mids but lack ruckmen/ forward types.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:32 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
WHE should be easier to come by as Carlton want Marchbank & Stewart by the sounds of it. The sticking point will be value wise. Carlton have said they won't part with pick 5 and they have no 2nd round picks left (they traded them to GWS last year)
WHE is a little different he hasn't established himself on there best 22 every week. He's had some injuries and has taken time to adjust after them
I think this isn't to hard of a deal to get done actually for us.
We will get a minimum of a second round pick for Witts, and maybe late second early thrid rounds for Cloke Oxley Willaims plus we have St Kildas second round pick this year for Freeman (we lose ours to the Lions though)
So for me we could give them a second round pick this year and next or a player like Witts and a second round pick next year.
Landing any other mentioned targets like Wells or Mayne won't cost us anything trade wise so we have some (not a load) of powder still dry
I still wouldn't be surprised to see Gubby broker a mega trade to actually land us a big fish (I've heard still Rance and Dimma aren't seeing eye to eye) so who knows what can happen in trade week.

Only a small point but we gave Brisbane StKilda's 2016 2nd round pick. The rules state that you can't trade your future 1st and 2nd round pick and as we had already used our first rounder on Treloar, we had to use the one form St Kilda instead.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:34 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Personally I would prefer Stewart to WHE, particularly if Stewart comes cheaper, as we have enough mids but lack ruckmen/ forward types.

WHE isn't a mid. He's a forward with pace, x-factor and a nice finish. We don't have a lot of that.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:46 pm

Geek wrote:

WHE isn't a mid. He's a forward with pace, x-factor and a nice finish. We don't have a lot of that.

Then why does an expert in Buckenara in his list analysis of us say that we have enough of the type of player that WHE is, but lack talls?
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Apparently we are getting him for a third round pick. Bargain of the century apparently. Lock it in apparently. According to the guy on SEN.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Geek wrote:

Then why does an expert in Buckenara in his list analysis of us say that we have enough of the type of player that WHE is, but lack talls?

We do lack talls but seriously he is like Varcoe and we don't have enough Varcoes. Bucky [and Lloyd, Caro, Duck etc] all want us to play it ubersafe and not take any Hawthorn type risks that might make us successful ie Hale, Lake, Poppy etc. They would like us to be mediocre and boring and just float upwards over a few years.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:53 pm

Damien wrote:
Apparently we are getting him for a third round pick. Bargain of the century apparently. Lock it in apparently. According to the guy on SEN.

Which guy?

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:55 pm

How many games has he missed through injury? Seems a few?
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Damien wrote:

Which guy?

I heard the conversation today on SEN, I think it was Nick Bowen from AFL.com.au with Andy Maher. A caller rang up and asked what's happening with WHE and the pies. Apparently it's a done deal with a later pick. I reckon GWS know they've done well out of the Treloar deal, I don't think either club expected us to finish so low for them to end up with 2 very early first round picks. Basically they're throwing us a bone as a bit of compensation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 4 of 34   

Jump to: