Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Dockers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 12:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Freo up and down like a friggin yo yo, but are 4 goals better team at home. Our interstate record is awesome, and if we had our best side in, Id be pretty confident. But injuries have hit us hard, and this maybe a bridge too far, this match, in Perth, because of that fact. Be a close match, as per usual , but this is going to be very hard to win. i expect a close loss, but with the Woods, you just never know, Fly may yet pull off a miracle victory.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 pm

Once again, despite our formline - the best in the AFL over the last 7 games, I do not expect us to beat Fremantle by more than 25 goals.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 1:04 pm

As per last week, it’s going to be a very close game. We bond well on these interstate trips and will be hard to beat even in their backyard. I think it will be a 55/45 game and we will sneak home by 8 - 12 points.
think better 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 1:22 pm

Freo are becoming a very good side - hot midfield that will be hard to beat/contain.

It seems like Allan is close to a call up not sure how the ins and outs will go.
Out - WHE and McInnes - anyone else? (maybe Oleg or Sidey being managed)
In - Mihocek and McCreery - (Maybe Allan)

rad 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 3:56 pm

Time for Krueger. Break glass in emergency and see what happens.
I have on too many occasions spruiked Freddy to my Collingwood mates but time and time again he has let me down.

He was brought in as a FF. He is 196cm, 98 kgs, aggressive. He has played 9 games in 5 seasons.

It’s time to step up and be counted. IMO a competitive Freddy that could survive the remainder of the season could be the difference of a flag or not. McStay isn’t the greatest FF but stood tall in the finals series to help us win the flag.

Wade and high performance team should focus to getting Freddy up for the amount of games they think he can cope with. In the background keep plugging away at McStay in case he is needed.

This to me is Kruegers final chance to really make his mark and extend his AFL career or otherwise cut him off the list as another failed Collingwood bargain basement buy to fill FF. God knows we’ve had a few in recent times.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 4:31 pm

^^Freddy is no chance, he didn't even play on the weekend.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 4:38 pm

rad wrote:
^

He's played 2 VFL games averaging 8 disposals a game... there's more chance of Brodie Holland playing this week.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 4:41 pm

If Checkers remains unavailable and Freddie is no chance, then I suspect we will go in to this game with a fleet of small forwards, with JDG and Cox as our marking options.

There's no reason to rush back Mitchell for this game. Earlier on I suggested dropping Macrae, but that was clearly too harsh on the kid. He'll surely keep his spot.

Assuming that's the case, my preferred changes would be:

Out: WHE, McInnes
In: McCreery, Allan (sub)
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 5:32 pm

Ins:
* McCreery
* Mihocek: hopefully
* Allan

Outs:
* McInnes: inj
* WHE: inj
* F Macrae: omit

Borderline: Markov. Has to be more than fast/pacy cannot get the ball Garry Rohan esque Part 2 who doesn't score goals.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 5:36 pm

Groin awareness for DeGoey. Most guys go through this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 5:57 pm

Skids wrote:
... there's more chance of Brodie Holland playing this week.

We could do with Brodie kicking 8 this weekend.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 6:07 pm

My guess is that JDG will be rested again this week. He is too valuable a player to risk further groin damage. We will need him firing on all cylinders come September.

Knowing how tough Checkers is, and after reading the club's injury report, I expect he'll play. After Allan getting the coaches MVP award for his last VFL game, it's surely time to debut Allan. I've got massive hopes for this kid, though it may take him a season to adjust to senior footy. He is highly skilled, an elite athlete, fast and big sized midfielder. What's not to like about him.

Ins: Checkers, McCreery, Allan (sub)
Outs: McInnes, WHE, JDG
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 6:40 pm

Think this will be a big test for us. They are finding some form and have a pretty even balance around the park. Emerging tall forwards, good ruck and midfield stocks and a pretty stingy backline. Add in some speed with the likes of Frederick and Switkowski and they could be a handful.

They lost to Carlton and Port in Adelaide when they arguably should have won both, beat the dogs at home, but also got rolled by the eagles (huh?) and Sydney (many will lose to the Swans this year). Coming to Marvel and rolling the Saints should count as a reasonable win.

They may have had their trough in form for now and will surely be setting themselves for this one in a coveted Friday night slot (their third and last for the season). We, on the other hand, are going ok - albeit as a bit of a patchwork team at present (and that will likely be the case Friday too). Will depend a bit on who gets up and gets picked. I am inclined to rest Jordy if in doubt (we have Dogs and Melbourne next) and ask Sullivan, Macrae and Richards to step up again.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:27 pm

I don't see any problems beating those drunken sailors.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Frederick was concussed so he won't play for them.

Out: McInnes and WHE.

Ins: Mihocek/Krueger and McCreery

If Mihocek doesn't get up, Krueger must play.

As stated previously, at 196cms and almost 100kgs, Krueger is a very big unit.

I would play Krueger and De Goey out of the goal square and change Cameron and Cox off the bench.

Again, if we can scrounge 13-14 goals, our backline should be able to hold the Freo forwards to a losing total.

Under no circumstance should Mitchell, Mihocek or any others be rushed back in to the 23- it is a bloody long season and we can't have players getting reinsured again.

This is one we may well drop, but it won't be without a hell of a fight..

Floreat Pica.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: