Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

5 rounds in - player performances

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^he clocked a 2.78-second 20m sprint at the AFL Draft Combine.
It placed him among the best-ever Combine times for the sprint test.
20m sprint -
Reef McInnes 2.779 seconds
Max Holmes 2.801
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan 2.897

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:26 pm

If McGuinness is a plodder, can Collingwood recruit more plodders please? Some of you are being extremely harsh on a young player who is playing again after injury and is developing into the type of player that historically we get rid of and then lament for years that we did 🙄 On one hand we wish that Collingwood doesn’t repeat previous mistakes and on the other hand we want to see this happen 😳 I hope the Club can find the wisdom to keep this young lad on their list at least until the end of 2025.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:06 pm

You Reef knockers really should leave him alone. I reckon the club would be pretty happy with his progress. I take an opposite view of his situation in the forward line without Elliot and Mihocek. I think its exactly what he needs - being made to take responsibility for a key position. Someone mentioned he doesn't chase too hard sometimes. Having watched him too, when the defender has got away and he isn't going to get them, he slows up, just like full forwards have been doing for generations lol. Looking at him on the lead he seems quick enough for now. I was disappointed for him when he had to be taken out of the game on Saturday as he seemed to be starting to look comfortable and get into the game more when it happened.

Like I said his progress is good and his scoring output is about as good as Mihocek's this season. He is getting the pace of the game now - look at that pick up on Saturday for his first goal - well anticipated, very smooth pick up and a nicely executed snap under some pressure. And last week his goal from outside 50 was impressive, particularly as we have a number of forwards who cant even kick that far.

I think the more consistent games we put into Reef the better he will get - both as a key forward and possibly up the ground also. Playing him in the seniors in a key position is exactly what he needs. From I have seen over the years playing developing key forwards more in the seniors teaches them more than another season in the VFL would, as those elite back-men are the players he needs to learn to beat and develop experience against.

Send him back to the VFL and not play him and we will see another talented key forward leave due to lack of opportunity and development.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 1:01 pm

Just look at what Jake Waterman is delivering. Reef is still 21 and has time to develop into a similar player.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 1:17 pm

Well said, Gerry Cooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: