Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies Wallop Weagles. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We did well to sneak over the line against the Harley Reid's. Young lads accounted themselves very well. I can see the issue with Fin, 3 nice goals but he gets pushed off the ball very easily.
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 11:19 am

A very solid win in what could’ve have been a danger game.
Plenty of players racked up the stats but I personally loved Darcy Cameron’s game. He was dominant in his position and gave plenty of opportunities to the midfield with his ruck work. He also took quite a few important marks around the ground which is was pleasing to see.

Although I was happy with our win and percentage boost, I’ve been disappointed with the Harley Reid criticism by a lot of our supporters online.
He is a fantastic young player who has already shown why he was a number one pick and will develop in to a superstar of the competition.
He has shown exemplary conduct and professionalism so far and it will great to watch him in the future.
Please get off his back!

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:35 pm

^^^^

Couldn’t agree more. HR is a gun and boy, would these critics love him at Collingwood! Having seen him in the juniors around Bendigo, I tell you firsthand that he is just breathtaking and his best is yet to come at an another level.

aus50ford 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:

*Angel Gear for those younguns is when you kick the (old) manual car into neutral and just coast. The term comes from when you do that going down a steep hill.

Stui, you may need to educate the younguns on what a manual car is too ...

Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
How about post the photo up here...

Ohhh I don't think that's necessary.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:14 pm

Let’s not get to carried away with the win
The 4 points is valuable but the opposition didn’t bring anything to the contest
There wa a sense prior to the first bounce they didn’t seem switched on or invested in the game.
Upside for us was the way McRae played. He finally looked like he belongs in the AFL team. He connected well with Richard’s and others. Was it a case of being familiar with them or a case of him finally finding some confidence.
Injuries to Howe and Harrison sour the win some what hopefully neither is long term
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nice win, we put it in Angel Gear* in the last with so many injuries ...

I'd like to agree with that; but I can't....

Thought the delivery into F50 in the final term was absolutely poor at best.
Too much "bombs away" garbage to a contest where they somehow managed to outnumber us 2-1, and that's with McGovern already being carted off to hospital.

To be outscored by this mob in the final term.... bad, bad, bad...
Not the form nor effort acceptable from the reigning premier against a bottom four side.
I acknowledge the interchange bench was decimated from injury, but theirs wasn't far behind ours.

Don't suppose Darling will get cited for knocking Bytel out?

Hill's lairising around with the ball is getting old with me; he's turning it over way too often instead of hitting up a team mate. Thought he burnt a few yesterday instead of passing off.

Richards, Bytel, and Sully all performed well as everybody has mentioned; and the games against lower sides that are ideally the ones you'd like to introduce them to the tempo of AFL.

So yes, happy to win under the circumstances, but we blew a big chance to gain another 5% in percentage, which as we know had haemmoraged badly in the first three rounds.

But I hope nobody falls for the complacency trap, just because we beat this also undermanned Weasels outfit by 11 goals.
This win was nothing more than a "sugar hit", more than a nourishing meal [i.e. beating Caaaaarlton!]

The club still has a hell of a workload ahead of it to remain in the top eight, let alone snaffle a spot in the top four by late August.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:19 pm

Our 'fade out' in the last quarter, was actually much less than I expected, given we were down to one of the bench.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Our 'fade out' in the last quarter, was actually much less than I expected, given we were down to one of the bench.

Well, I think it may have been two on the bench for us, and three for them, after the subs came into the game...

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:22 pm

Could have won by over 100 if we wanted to.

But still, that gets em back for the game in 2020 where they got us by 66.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:39 am

Collingwoods pressure was over 200 Eagles over 150. The limited bench sure made it impossible to maintain that gap.

Fortunately for Collingwood, the Eagles slowed the game down. Rather than running us off our feet offensively, I guess they thought we would chase down space, which we didn't. They were able to get through wide and then kick a few extra goals, but by then our team pressure was cooked, a few players including NDaicos were cramping, and the siren was all we cared about.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:45 am

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Collingwoods pressure was over 200 Eagles over 150. The limited bench sure made it impossible to maintain that gap.

Fortunately for Collingwood, the Eagles slowed the game down. Rather than running us off our feet offensively, I guess they thought we would chase down space, which we didn't. They were able to get through wide and then kick a few extra goals, but by then our team pressure was cooked, a few players including NDaicos were cramping, and the siren was all we cared about.

Simpson did the right thing to stem the bleeding, he clearly sent out instructions to slow the game. We saw that when they started to maintain possession by kicking sideways in the second half.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:51 am

aus50ford wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

*Angel Gear for those younguns is when you kick the (old) manual car into neutral and just coast. The term comes from when you do that going down a steep hill.

Stui, you may need to educate the younguns on what a manual car is too ...

Laughing Too hard. I could start with the concept of winding a handle to raise or lower windows I suppose. Wink

K 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 5:40 pm

piedys wrote:
Don't suppose Darling will get cited for knocking Bytel out?

"Predominantly caused by circumstances outside the control of Darling"
--- MRO.

"Bytel takes possession of the ball, and he is pushed forward and down by West Coast's Tom Cole into the path of Darling, who approaches from the opposite direction.

"Darling slows his momentum and doesn't elect to bump, but makes high contact with Bytel in the collision that ensues."

piedys wrote:
I acknowledge the interchange bench was decimated from injury, but theirs wasn't far behind ours.

Dyso, I'd like your take on that GC game a decade ago, when GC had literally no interchange bench left (most importantly, GAJ injured) ... and we still lost. I'm sure ya remember it well. Exclamation
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 1:15 pm

K wrote:
piedys wrote:

Dyso, I'd like your take on that GC game a decade ago, when GC had literally no interchange bench left (most importantly, GAJ injured) ... and we still lost. I'm sure ya remember it well. Exclamation

Yes, I recall those two bookend losses in 2013/2014 at Cararra.

Both were ineptly pathetic, with 2013 the worst of the two.
GAJ only had 49 gets that day...

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2013/042020130720.html

I recall GAJ getting injured when rolled in tackle by tagger Macaffer in 2014 game.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2014/042020140705.html

I did demand for Clinton Young's head in 2014, after he dropped the biggest soda mark of all-time in front of goal to cost us the game, after Blair had flushed it on his nose from the pocket.

This loss started a run of 5 in succession, and a spiral into the abyss, and out of the eight by September, for the first time since 2005.
2015 saw substantial improvement overall, but we again fell away in second half of that year as well.

Anyhoo, we've only had the one solitary loss to GCS since, in 2021 at MCG, which was another final nail in the Buckley coffin.

Ah, good times... Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: