Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

umpires effort to save sheady

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:25 pm
Post subject: umpires effort to save sheadyReply with quote

Todays umpiring was a complete disgrace. In the second half we did nothing differently to the first half yet the umpires decided that if Collingwood won by 10+ goals that Sheady would've lost his job at Essenscum.

I'm sick and tired of turning up to watch this clueless crap week in and week out. We never get a fair go because we are Collingwood.

Compare tribunal decisions or stuff that isn't even looked at that should have been.

Players putting their bodies on the line to get the ball, get called for holding it with this stupid rule change (cause they think people wanna see high scoring pin ball every week) yet it isn't called all day for other teams we play.

Instead of a bounce when the ball is held to him the umpires wait till it falls out so he can get a hand pass out. If he had so much time to hand pass then it should've been holding the ball!

And taking on a defender, getting an arm pinned which should be incorrect disposal is play on?

Pie Nights Mad Pie should be the umpires on Thursday. Blast the hell out of them. They made what should have been a 10 goal plus week and close game that makes the score board look like Bummers were in the match.
They never were.

GO PIES and up yours umpires!
gregpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:12 pm
Post subject: umpiresReply with quote

Agree!
They wer'nt as bad as when we played St Kilda but I'm sick of seeing the inconsistency which favours our opposition week after week.
That 50 metre penalty against Rocca was a disgrace.
I thought that the bummers were given an armchair ride by the maggots after 1/2 time!

greg
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yup very soft fifty against rocca.

but in all truth, i only watched the second half but couldnt spot too many bad errors.

clarke's push in the back was soft too

and i think it was burns who got pinned for pulling the ball under him

and you could hear robert walls

"oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no"

haha
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:45 pm
Post subject: Re: umpires effort to save sheadyReply with quote

I@n S wrote:
Todays umpiring was a complete disgrace. In the second half we did nothing differently to the first half yet the umpires decided that if Collingwood won by 10+ goals that Sheady would've lost his job at Essenscum.

I'm sick and tired of turning up to watch this clueless crap week in and week out. We never get a fair go because we are Collingwood.

I'm sick and tired of reading such rubbish! Especially the inane 'we are Collingwood' crap.

They got 16 frees. We got 15.

Get over it. We won.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:04 pm

Umpires always give the bummers and sheedy an armchair wide.

After the Game the umps go to sheedy and You Know What!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:42 pm

MAGFAN8 wrote:
I'm sick and tired of reading such rubbish!

...And yet you continue to enter threads entitled 'umpires effort to save sheady [sic]'

I agree Ian, we do seem to get our fair share of very quick 50s given against us. Sometimes the iffy ones go our way, but clearly in the Melbourne game, the St Kilda game and this game they did not.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:04 pm

MAGFAN8 wrote:
I@n S wrote:

I'm sick and tired of reading such rubbish! Especially the inane 'we are Collingwood' crap.

Get over it. We won.

Why should I? Imagine how more secure our ladder position would be if the umpires had any idea what they are doing out there. Not only would it be secure we would be second on the ladder rather than 4th by percentage
And explain why you think the "we are Collingwood" comment is insane and crap?
maggies2003 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:09 pm

Sorry mate.. but have a look at the stats...

15-16... bad frees paid to either team.. how can u possibly say that we got jibbed?

sometimes i wonder whether people just like complaining..
member34258 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:12 pm

Free kick count means nothing. It's where the free are paid and how relevant they are.
Can you really say that the free against Harry, directly in front of goal, was the correct decision?
Can you truly say that the 50 against Rocca, which cost us a goal, was the correct decision?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:13 pm

maggies2003 wrote:
Sorry mate.. but have a look at the stats...

15-16... bad frees paid to either team.. how can u possibly say that we got jibbed?

sometimes i wonder whether people just like complaining..
I don't see the flaw in my reasoning.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:15 pm

MAGFAN8 wrote:
I@n S wrote:

Get over it. We won.

So the free kick count is the be-all-and-end-all of the umpire story is it?
And we won so we don't talk about umpiring? is that how it works?

....but hang on...when we lose, we cant talk about umpiring then either because then we are just sooks....so when exactly IS the right time to question umpiring?

Today's effort by the men in (whatever colour) was nowhere near as bad as St Kilda...but some of the decisions were absolutely woeful. The holding the ball decision against Harry was pathetic. Harry's arms were out to either side, how could he possibly be holding the ball? Lucas laid the bait...and the umpire took it.

Clarke's "in the back" was similarly ridiculous. Oldmate was on the ground...Clarke dropped to his knees over him...still no contact....then Oldmate rolled over and lifted Clarke off the ground and yet in the back was called?....go figure.

While we are on the topic...does incorrect disposal get called anymore? I notice Pendles was pinged instantly...but counted at least 3 further instances of the EXACT same thing happening with no whistle even looking like being blown.

The umpires need to lift their game, and the AFL have to help them out. Whats the point in bringing in rules that can only be umpires correctly 50% of the time...its just pointless.
maggies2003 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:21 pm

Being a collingwood supporter we obviously only see the frees that WE should have gotten, or given away... Considering u have given examples of frees against collingwood.. To prove my point that it went both ways (hence the 15-16 count) Heres a couple of examples from 1st quarter.

- T.Cloke (free for - push in back against fletcher... Goal to make it 20-7. 1Q.

- No High free for A.Welsh - 1st quarter. Head contact.. Rocca scores seconds later to make it 13-7.

Your frees are valid too.. but people.. they went both ways today..
rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:22 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Umpires always give the bummers and sheedy an armchair wide.

After the Game the umps go to sheedy and You Know What!

What?

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:27 pm

I@n_S wrote:
Imagine how more secure our ladder position would be if the umpires had any idea what they are doing out there.

Imagine nothing, I@n. That's history.

Maybe you misinterpreted my 'we are Collingwood' reference. 'We are Collingwood' is a proud and loud sentiment and I love it. It's more the constant whinge that we get picked on, singled out, discriminated against 'because we are Collingwood'.

Maybe you should look up 'inane' in the dictionary. Very Happy While you're there, look up 'conspiracy theory'.

And Cam, wag your digit at someone else. I have to read every thread.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:29 pm

And again this club was on the recieving end of absolute crap shit umpiring decisions..which has been much the way its gone all season...when you hear the umpires get booed of the ground at games end you know they were shite!!!

Another pitiful disgrace!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: