Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Another one for the bleeding hearts!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:18 pm
Post subject: Another one for the bleeding hearts!Reply with quote

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/friends-of-jason-lees-find-comfort-in-sharing-memories-of-the-man-they-knew-before-story-bridge-tragedy/story-fn7x8me2-1226278465165

Look if life gets too hard for you opt out. It's a free world. What I don't understand, or will ever forgive, is people who are so egotistical they kill their kids as well.

Bastard! I don't care how "nice" he was.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible story, I can't believe he would do that to the child.

Reminds me of the Arthur Freedman case.

Some people are just cold-hearted

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:24 pm
Post subject: Re: Another one for the bleeding hearts!Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/friends-of-jason-lees-find-comfort-in-sharing-memories-of-the-man-they-knew-before-story-bridge-tragedy/story-fn7x8me2-1226278465165

Look if life gets too hard for you opt out. It's a free world. What I don't understand, or will ever forgive, is people who are so egotistical they kill their kids as well.

Bastard! I don't care how "nice" he was.

Hang on don't you think he's been shafted by naaaasty feminist inspired divorce laws? I'd of thought that's your usual response. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Personality disorder plus low frustration tolerance plus poor coping skills = Tragedy.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:37 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Personality disorder plus low frustration tolerance plus poor coping skills = Tragedy.

Are you talking about Jack Spain or the Canadian guy? Laughing

By the way, what's this got to do with the title of the thread?

Oh, attention seeking behaviour by Jack, I get it. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

Are you talking about Jack Spain or the Canadian guy?

It sounds like both of them doesn't it? Laughing

However I was actually referring to the Canadian and his poor son though.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:44 pm

This guy may have been a great guy, and such, but will always be remembered for his final hours. It's sad an innocent life was lost along with the guy who jumped.

He may have had issues, but we may never know, we'll just know of him as the monster that killed his son and himself. *

*Not trying to bag, nor defend, it's a tragedy, heartbreaking story for the whole family and friends, just saying we'd never know how or why and will always see him as some kind of monster.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 am

too right Prot,
persons life, defined by the final act.
sad for everyone.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:22 am

That it is, a little on and off topic I am reading a book about Chris Benoit, who some may know from news reports took the lives of his wife, son and then his own.

The book is called "Benoit: Wrestling with the Horror That Destroyed a Family and Crippled a Sport "

I thought the same way Benoit who was a legend in the wrestling industry will always be known for what happened in his final moments of life.

It's been an interesting book so far.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:54 am

watt price tully wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

Once again you leftist idiots won't face up to the facts. You attack someone for telling the truth - that this selfish little bastard of a man would rather kill his two year old son than have his mother keep him - and thereby prove my point.

You are simply bleeding hearts who have not the moral apparatus to make judgments on such matters. For you lot, everyone is the victim. Well no, the only victims here are the little boy and his Mum. The suicide can go to hell for all I care! Evil or Very Mad
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 am

Spare us your "superior intellect and moral compass" Pain. Contributors to this thread see beyond the simplistic knee jerk dog whistling you purvey and have touched on the probable causes and depth of this tragedy.

The only way to prevent any such further tragedies is to develop an understanding of the mindset of the perpetrator. Simplistic idiocy like calling him a "heartless bastard who can go to hell" contributes nothing at all to that process and in fact probably obscures it. Still dog whistling is your stock in trade so there is no surprise there. Idea

Last edited by rocketronnie on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 am

^^^

Agreed. Too simplistic to paint people as "evil" or "cold-hearted". Their actions definitely may be but to label people that way is too deny that we as humans all have within us the ability to do terrible, terrible things.

Why? Isn't that worth investigating?

Probably too hard. Just easier to say the guy was pure evil and move on to the next villain

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am

Thinking about this tragedy further, I wonder if the final tragedy was the culmination of a pattern of abusive behaviour lasting the whole of their marriage. His description of showing bonhomie, a"nice man" is a presentation not unknown to those who work in the field of abuse -where the perpetrator projects a likeable image to the outside world but in the privacy of home he's an abusive man. The murder-suicide is often a last final act of control by a desperate man who is emotionally and intellectually unable to relinquish control.

I also wonder if there is a possibility that there is a hint of copycatting of the Freeman case here. The similarities are certainly disturbing.

Whatever his presentation really was we will never know now. What is needed now is further work on how to identify at risk families to provide support and protections so that these tragic situations can be prevented before they occur.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 am

rocketronnie wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

Once again you leftist idiots won't face up to the facts. You attack someone for telling the truth - that this selfish little bastard of a man would rather kill his two year old son than have his mother keep him - and thereby prove my point.

You are simply bleeding hearts who have not the moral apparatus to make judgments on such matters. For you lot, everyone is the victim. Well no, the only victims here are the little boy and his Mum. The suicide can go to hell for all I care! Evil or Very Mad

Spare us your "superior intellect and moral compass" Pain. Contributors to this thread see beyond the simplistic knee jerk dog whistling you purvey and have touched on the probable causes and depth of this tragedy. The only way to prevent any such further tragedies is to develop an understanding of the mindset of the perpetrator. Simplistic idiocy like calling him a "heartless bastard who can go to hell" contributes nothing at all to that process and in fact probably obscures it. Still dog whistling is your stock in trade so there is no surprise there. Idea

Does Jack need help?

I'm getting worried. Some of his symptoms include:

1. His need to be heard;
2. Poor impulse control;
3. Constant use of straw man argument;
4. Seeing things or writing things that simply are not there;
5. Use of conjecture & speculation as fact;
6. Identity issues - was with the ALP -now he is an alleged member of the society for the rehabitation of Atilla the Hun;
7. Serious attachment issues - heightened sense of rejection after being expelled from the ALP to forming an idealized attachment to all things Andrew Bolt;
8. Rampage at his local 7/11 when he demolished the confectionary known as M & M's thinking they belonged to Michael Malthouse; &
9. Evidence of Cleopatra Syndrome: She was queen of 'de nile'.

What to do, what to do.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:11 am

jack_spain wrote:

Once again you leftist idiots won't face up to the facts. You attack someone for telling the truth - and thereby prove my point.

You are simply bleeding hearts who have not the moral apparatus to make judgments on such matters. [/u].

i think the most depressing thing about this thread is Jack Spain once again using some-one elses heartbreak to insult and deride those that disagree with him.
when the ppl of queensland were sand-bagging their homes he attacked the premier and.. "all us left-wing idiots".

which way is your moral compass pointing jack?

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: