Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^True. Thomas was better against Adelaide, but don't worry, he'll come good. Dawes though, heroic in the last minutes against Cox and Nat, wasn't he?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Watched the replay and Simon Buckley, clearly struggles under pressure.

Dawes to me played under instructions, stuffed up a few times but really did some hard work.

The bonus is Elliot, Williams play finals football and play like they have been playing AFL for a few years.

Umpires made some great errors and screwed both teams.

Scoreboard flatters WC, I hope next time we decide to actually tag Kerr.
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Usurper wrote:
How awful is Simon Buckley..... he's a major liability in big games. At least Clarke has some potential for improvement, though he scares me too.

I agree with you about Buckley - he really needs to get his kicking sorted out. He's a great long kick but his aim is shithouse. Clarke is being played out of position with our injuries down back. Didn't he he used to be more of a midfielder? Before he left for Ireland, I mean?

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:59 pm

carcarly_pieland wrote:
I echoed that Dwyne Russell should never open his mouth and commentate a Pies game again! Could he be any more bias? I srsly wanted to mute the tv at times!

He was an absolute biased prick,but I was just as disappointed with Roos who went ON and ON about frees not paid to the weagles and not a mention of the free goals they got for missed Collingwood frees??? Makes the win all the more GOODER Cool
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 pm

mudlark wrote:
carcarly_pieland wrote:
I echoed that Dwyne Russell should never open his mouth and commentate a Pies game again! Could he be any more bias? I srsly wanted to mute the tv at times!

He was an absolute biased knob,but I was just as disappointed with Roos who went ON and ON about frees not paid to the weagles and not a mention of the free goals they got for missed Collingwood frees??? Makes the win all the more GOODER Cool

It wassed the GOODEST win for evers.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:31 pm

mudlark wrote:
carcarly_pieland wrote:

He was an absolute biased knob,but I was just as disappointed with Roos who went ON and ON about frees not paid to the weagles and not a mention of the free goals they got for missed Collingwood frees??? Makes the win all the more GOODER Cool

We just have to hope they get to commentate on us winning the GF. That I will enjoy!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:34 pm

With North looking like having a shock win against the Crows we will stay on top a game clear. How good is that with all the injuries we've had? Very Happy

Yesterday's win over the Wet Toast really was an 8 point game!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:35 pm

jack_spain wrote:
With North looking like having a shock win against the Crows we will stay on top a game clear. How good is that with all the injuries we've had? Very Happy

Aren't you a Dawks supporter. Well that's what I heard!!!! Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:44 pm

jack_spain wrote:

Ain't that the truth, and one that does not hurt.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Fantastic win against Grand Final quality opposition.

This team has heart by the bucket load. The Weagles were never going to be blown away. They are too good a team for that. The fact they headed us, then we came back again made the win even better.

Beams is now officially an A grader. To play like that against the best just shows that he has elevated himself to the top level. Swan was Swan, without hitting the scoreboard. And Pendles back next week!!

I though Jolly was just magnificent, ran himself into the ground. If his body holds out, we are a massive chance.

Good to see Cloke kick a bag against the top side, hopefully he can go on with it now.

The backline stood up against massive pressure. Great to have Brown & Reid back together again. And Maxy showed why he is captain of the Collingwood Football Club.

The great thing about football is that you can have a relatively quiet game, then kick the winning goal, or do something that gets your team across the line. In the last few minutes, with Jolly off the ground & unable to get back on & the ball stuck deep in the Weagles forward line, Dawes nullified ruck contest after ruck contest. Cox or Nic Nat could have put the ball down a team mates throat, or drawn a free kick, but they didn't, because Dawes didn't allow them too.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Doc63 wrote:

This team has heart by the bucket load. The Weagles were never going to be blown away. They are too good a team for that. The fact they headed us, then we came back again made the win even better.

Beams is now officially an A grader. To play like that against the best just shows that he has elevated himself to the top level. Swan was Swan, without hitting the scoreboard. And Pendles back next week!!

I though Jolly was just magnificent, ran himself into the ground. If his body holds out, we are a massive chance.

Good to see Cloke kick a bag against the top side, hopefully he can go on with it now.

The backline stood up against massive pressure. Great to have Brown & Reid back together again. And Maxy showed why he is captain of the Collingwood Football Club.

The great thing about football is that you can have a relatively quiet game, then kick the winning goal, or do something that gets your team across the line. In the last few minutes, with Jolly off the ground & unable to get back on & the ball stuck deep in the Weagles forward line, Dawes nullified ruck contest after ruck contest. Cox or Nic Nat could have put the ball down a team mates throat, or drawn a free kick, but they didn't, because Dawes didn't allow them too.

well said!

WHERE have you been all day!!

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Doc63 wrote:

Dawes may have only had two hit outs for the night but one of them was in the dying seconds where he won the tap and Sidey gathered and cleared the ball.

The one thing I couldn't understand was all night he seemed to be getting scragged but did not draw one free kick??? WTF is going on there?? Am I being to one eyed (pun intended) or don't most of these contests deserve a free?? I must admit I was up in the nose bleed seats in the Ponny.

BARRACK HARD!
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 pm

think positive wrote:
Doc63 wrote:

well said!

WHERE have you been all day!!

The missus wouldn't get off the bloody computer!!!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:54 pm

1eyedpie wrote:
Doc63 wrote:

Dawes may have only had two hit outs for the night but one of them was in the dying seconds where he won the tap and Sidey gathered and cleared the ball.

The one thing I couldn't understand was all night he seemed to be getting scragged but did not draw one free kick??? WTF is going on there?? Am I being to one eyed (pun intended) or don't most of these contests deserve a free?? I must admit I was up in the nose bleed seats in the Ponny.

Dawes & Cloke don't get free kicks in marking contests. EVER.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Just had a quick look at Elliot's stats and it's quite extraordinary. He got 96 supercoach points for 70% game time and 15 disposals. To help quantify this: Swan and Beams got 117 and 128 for 38 and 34 disposals respectively. Now that's quite amazing especially since he only disposed of the ball at 67%, those 10 effective possessions were all extremely damaging and went a long way towards helping us win the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: