Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the ru is on fire wrote:
Just had a quick look at Elliot's stats and it's quite extraordinary. He got 96 supercoach points for 70% game time and 15 disposals. To help quantify this: Swan and Beams got 117 and 128 for 38 and 34 disposals respectively. Now that's quite amazing especially since he only disposed of the ball at 67%, those 10 effective possessions were all extremely damaging and went a long way towards helping us win the game.
Very Happy
He was a class above the rest when he played in the VFL squad.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:05 pm

the ru is on fire wrote:
Just had a quick look at Elliot's stats and it's quite extraordinary. He got 96 supercoach points for 70% game time and 15 disposals. To help quantify this: Swan and Beams got 117 and 128 for 38 and 34 disposals respectively. Now that's quite amazing especially since he only disposed of the ball at 67%, those 10 effective possessions were all extremely damaging and went a long way towards helping us win the game.

I think Supercoach weighs "crunch time" possessions a lot more heavily than ones in the first three quarters. It's how Cox ended up as West Coast's highest ranked player after basically doing nothing for three quarters. 70 of Cox's 119 points were in the fourth and 63 of Elliot's were in the fourth.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:15 pm

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
I saw something tonight that I have not seen ever in 50 years! Dawes helped a Weagles player whilst the ball was still in play and it basically went past him. Was I dreaming or was this true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if true it was a disgrace. I have always been a big Dawes fan but at the moment - no way!

Actually I totally disagree. He obviously thought the guy was in trouble.

Can't remember who it was, but remember in the last two years some time an opposition playing being really hurt, out cold I think, while their players left him on the ground one of our players was frantically waving their arms getting him help. It hink maybe Luke or Beams. Both proud moments for me. It's a game, not as important as life and death. Dawes has som much gentlemanly class as a human being. Bucks has him playing different roles. It will come. I believe in bucks judgement.

And as for the flak he is taking, he took two of the first marks of the game, and one was not an easy one. He also did the ruck in the dying moments, and all ours players stood tall then.

Every time our forwards (Cloke and Dawes) went to mark, an eagle had their arm wrapped up their back. How do we not get holding calls for this, it's utter bullshit that you can do that but not tap a guy with a hand in the back.

Which by the way, one of our players was penalized for, but it was a shoulder, and should not have been paid, they got a goal from it.

For mine the much maligned players of the past few weeks, Harry, is well and truly back, only one silly thing today, the rest pure magic to watch. Cloke, those five goals mean far more against the eagles than buddy bullshit 13 against a VFL standard team. Dawes has a way to go to be what he can be, but he was not bad today.

Also Maxy, as someone Stui think said, back to his roving the back line do or die death defying saving dives, 2010 best. Brilliant.

I really don't want to be negative at all, but Marty really had a day to forget, and Bucks, well I saw one player look at him with no one around him, and choose to go to someone else, not so free. He try's, he really does, but I just don't think he has enough skills for his will power to cover. It's a shame.

The way we fought back, the eagles had at least three soft frees that directly got them goals. I'm proud, I'm happy, I'm looking forward and daring to dream.

And Jack got it one hundred percent right.

The umpires hadn't blown the whistle to stop. The Eagles players grabbed the ball and went right pass Dawes and moved it into their forward line! He wasn't chasing or tackling, No, he was seeing whether the eagle player was ok!
Why didn't the bloody eagle players stop and help! Your attitude is amazing. It is symtomatic of why Dawes doesn't crash packs or bumps opposition players out of the park. He is a gentleman! LOL. Did any other person see what I saw - I still find it hard to believe what I saw!

I think Dawes was helping Mitch Brown. Maybe he is coming to the Pies next year??!!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Great Win, it was hard not been there. 774 ABC team of Parkin and Chris Connolly were terrible. Connolly is actually worse than Parkin , which is staggering to believe. Typical ex melbum player.

www.facebook/the hybernators
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:24 pm
Post subject: Re: Post match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments please.Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Collingwood 12.13.85
West Coast 12.10.82

Goals: Travis Cloke 5, Dayne Beams 3, Jarryd Blair 2, Alex Fasolo 2

Disposals: Swanny 38, Beamer 34, Sidey 25, Buckley, Maxy 22, Daisy 21, Heater, Blair 20, Daisy 18

DT points: Swanny 132, Beamer 117, Blair 90, Maxy 89, Sidey, Heater 82, Daisy 79, Wellers 79

Lets hear ya!!

Daisy got 39 touches?
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 pm

the fuzz wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
I saw something tonight that I have not seen ever in 50 years! Dawes helped a Weagles player whilst the ball was still in play and it basically went past him. Was I dreaming or was this true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if true it was a disgrace. I have always been a big Dawes fan but at the moment - no way!

Actually I totally disagree. He obviously thought the guy was in trouble.

Can't remember who it was, but remember in the last two years some time an opposition playing being really hurt, out cold I think, while their players left him on the ground one of our players was frantically waving their arms getting him help. It hink maybe Luke or Beams. Both proud moments for me. It's a game, not as important as life and death. Dawes has som much gentlemanly class as a human being. Bucks has him playing different roles. It will come. I believe in bucks judgement.

And as for the flak he is taking, he took two of the first marks of the game, and one was not an easy one. He also did the ruck in the dying moments, and all ours players stood tall then.

Every time our forwards (Cloke and Dawes) went to mark, an eagle had their arm wrapped up their back. How do we not get holding calls for this, it's utter bullshit that you can do that but not tap a guy with a hand in the back.

Which by the way, one of our players was penalized for, but it was a shoulder, and should not have been paid, they got a goal from it.

For mine the much maligned players of the past few weeks, Harry, is well and truly back, only one silly thing today, the rest pure magic to watch. Cloke, those five goals mean far more against the eagles than buddy bullshit 13 against a VFL standard team. Dawes has a way to go to be what he can be, but he was not bad today.

Also Maxy, as someone Stui think said, back to his roving the back line do or die death defying saving dives, 2010 best. Brilliant.

I really don't want to be negative at all, but Marty really had a day to forget, and Bucks, well I saw one player look at him with no one around him, and choose to go to someone else, not so free. He try's, he really does, but I just don't think he has enough skills for his will power to cover. It's a shame.

The way we fought back, the eagles had at least three soft frees that directly got them goals. I'm proud, I'm happy, I'm looking forward and daring to dream.

And Jack got it one hundred percent right.

The umpires hadn't blown the whistle to stop. The Eagles players grabbed the ball and went right pass Dawes and moved it into their forward line! He wasn't chasing or tackling, No, he was seeing whether the eagle player was ok!
Why didn't the bloody eagle players stop and help! Your attitude is amazing. It is symtomatic of why Dawes doesn't crash packs or bumps opposition players out of the park. He is a gentleman! LOL. Did any other person see what I saw - I still find it hard to believe what I saw!

I think Dawes was helping Mitch Brown. Maybe he is coming to the Pies next year??!!

I know Ed is very keen to reunite the twins, well at least thats what he's told their parents Cool
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:54 pm

I thought Mitch had recently re-signed with the Eagles...maybe not.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I thought Mitch had recently re-signed with the Eagles...maybe not.

Looks like it, RB: http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/07/13/priddis-and-brown-re-sign-with-the-eagles/

"Following new deals for Dean Cox, Beau Waters, Quniten Lynch and Shannon Hurn, Priddis and Brown have both committed beyond 2013."
Puns 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 pm

colin_wood wrote:
melliot wrote:
Links for replay please

http://speckyselector.99k.org/

Can't seem to get the above link to work.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:04 am

Bloody Hell, just once i'd like to come here and read positive thoughts on the game without someone bludgeoning a guy who was out there tonight bleeding for Collingwood. Simon Buckley might not be the greatest player around at this point but he works damn hard to earn his spot, or are the match committee just not as clever as you lot?

We are missing half the team, and we are lucky to have someone who can play the game as well as that to fill holes. Let us remember the kid hasn't yet reached 50 games, yet since Rd 4 he's played every game (Rd.8 last year is still the only loss he's played in for Collingwood!) and has performed well on several occasions. Against Footscray he was excellent, getting more disposals than Swanny and more kicks than anyone, and he was very good in the vital Essendon game - as was the other target of our wrath Marty Clarke who shut Stanton out totally, we would have lost without him.

There were two main reasons why he seemed to make so many mistakes tonight, firstly, he had plenty of the ball with 24 disposals, only Beamer and the Great Da(y)nes had more, secondly, most of the team was making clangers left and right, it was that kind of game. The guy is an awesome kick and well suited to the structural game plan we employ, he may not be a Pendlebury, but he fills a very important spot in our list and wont sulk when a player returning from injury forces him back to the Magoos.

If you really need to bash football players how about names like Selwood, Jetta, 'StevieJ', Shuey, and other cheats and wankers who pollute our great game? Deciding Collingwood players are useless makes you my enemy and that should go for every Magpie fan worth a pinch of shite!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:00 pm

35forever wrote:
Bloody Hell, just once i'd like to come here and read positive thoughts on the game without someone bludgeoning a guy who was out there tonight bleeding for Collingwood. Simon Buckley might not be the greatest player around at this point but he works damn hard to earn his spot, or are the match committee just not as clever as you lot?

We are missing half the team, and we are lucky to have someone who can play the game as well as that to fill holes. Let us remember the kid hasn't yet reached 50 games, yet since Rd 4 he's played every game (Rd.8 last year is still the only loss he's played in for Collingwood!) and has performed well on several occasions. Against Footscray he was excellent, getting more disposals than Swanny and more kicks than anyone, and he was very good in the vital Essendon game - as was the other target of our wrath Marty Clarke who shut Stanton out totally, we would have lost without him.

There were two main reasons why he seemed to make so many mistakes tonight, firstly, he had plenty of the ball with 24 disposals, only Beamer and the Great Da(y)nes had more, secondly, most of the team was making clangers left and right, it was that kind of game. The guy is an awesome kick and well suited to the structural game plan we employ, he may not be a Pendlebury, but he fills a very important spot in our list and wont sulk when a player returning from injury forces him back to the Magoos.

If you really need to bash football players how about names like Selwood, Jetta, 'StevieJ', Shuey, and other cheats and wankers who pollute our great game? Deciding Collingwood players are useless makes you my enemy and that should go for every Magpie fan worth a pinch of shite!

Bloody oath! +1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: