Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
THAT great win is for young Paul, all the way.!

Nice comment, mate. Was thinking the same when the siren sounded.

Maxy was excellent today and Harry showed some of the class we all know he has.

Blair and Elliott ? I'm in awe of these two mosquitos. Smile

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
colin_wood 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 pm

mattmc33 wrote:
What a game. Make no mistake, West Coast is a hell of a football team. And there were times I thought we might wilt under what was immense pressure.

same....for about 5 mins in the last 1/4 I thought pies were gone. To their credit they withstood the pressure & found a way to win.
Usurper 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Donny wrote:
Usurper wrote:
How awful is Simon Buckley..... he's a major liability in big games. At least Clarke has some potential for improvement, though he scares me too.

We just beat the top team in a thriller and that's your first comment ?? Rolling Eyes

Yep. I'll have a better perspective after we play them again, in the second last game of the H&A, at their home ground. At this point of the year, that's the most relevant comment in an otherwise scrappy game.
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:31 pm

magpiemike wrote:
Loved Elliot's game, he's hard at it and hopefully another 10 year player for us. Early call I know, but what he's shown in his first 4 games has been promising.

I like the sound of that Mike.

Haven't seen the game yet but sounds like a hard fought win. How did Jolly go against their 2 ??

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:31 pm

A great win, against a very good team. We still haven't lost a close one this year. Are we the 2011 Cats of 2012? I'd take it Very Happy.

Great game from Beams, one of his best. Trav was very good, as were Jolly (highest disposal game for some time) Swan and Harry.

Really good to see Billy and Marley stand up in the last (great spoil on Nat from Marley). Especially after Elliott missed that early shot; took a few key marks.

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Elliot should be Dawes' marking coach, what a bloody gun! Imagine if he was key position height, he'd relegate Cloke to the 2nd best contested mark in the league. Cool as a cucumber to the kid. Derek Hine is a god damn genius, I was pretty sceptical about coughing up our first rounder for Marty Clarke and some sub-180cm forward pocket who was hardly talked about pre-draft, but from the moment I watched his debut in the VFL I was ready to run to the confessional and apologise for ever doubting our lord and saviour, Sir Derek. Picking up gun youngsters like Elliot and Fasolo with picks outside the top 20 is what separates the wheat from the chaff, and it's the thing that will keep us up the top end for a while to come.

Blairy and Beams were both terrific. Marley had a great last quarter after having a pretty rank first half. Toovey had a good comeback game on Darling and Harry O showed why we shouldn't be too quick to judge. A confident Harry O is vital to our premiership aspirations.

A couple of our fringe players got found out against quality opposition today though. Clarke and Buckley in particular were just atrocious. I'm not sure Simon Buckley hit a target all day by hand or foot and Clarke was West Coast's best avenue to goal for the most part. Clarke's defensive efforts overhead leave a lot to be desired. The loss of Leon Davis really shone through today I thought. Take a Simon Buckley out for Leon today and it would've been the difference between us kicking away when we were 27 points up and WC getting back in the game. Sloppy disposal on the rebound and slow, laborious kick outs really hurt our momentum.

Cloke was very good when it mattered, and some of his 1%ers today were more important than his direct score sheet involvement. Dawes on the other hand continues to flop, both figuratively and literally. He is such a liability these days, you've really got to wonder whether we can win a premiership with only 21 players every week. Time for a re-think, bring in Jackson Paine and use a Jason Blake type in the ruck with a heavy emphasis on third man up. It's not like Dawes ever wins hit outs anyway, whoever we come up with as his replacement doesn't really have big shoes to fill in terms of their ruck contribution.

Last edited by Invigoration on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:33 pm

I dont need a new wife,I need another Austar connection
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Has there been a worse umpiring exhibition this year? 3 goals to the wee gals from frees NOT paid to us. The one not paid to Elliot for his magnificent tackle ,NOT paid and Natinui marks and goals,was a frigging disgrace. But HEY!!!!! We WON.and are TOP of the tree. Very Happy Gotta love that.
C'mon De Bucks 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Great win by the boys tonight. The weagles kept coming an we kept responding. Something the cats had done so well last year. Been able to hold on to those close games

Now for the bad... S Buckley... when a player on the team is more likely to help us lose a game than win one, than his useless to our team.

For god sakes Nathan, you must drop Buckley for good now. Now that we are getting our talks back from injury, he needs to be shown the door.

M Clarke needs to pull his finger out. His on his last legs as well. But like someone else said he shows more than what Buckley does.

I'm sorry S Buckley, your time is up.

Thanks but no thanks!!

Other than that the pies are heading in the right direction

GO PIES! TOP OF THE TABLE!!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Also: how ironic? The worst free kick differential team against the best, winning the game with a free Very Happy. Was shocked when the umps paid that one.
raymond35 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Guys, couldnt see the game so can you tell me

- we got 2 more frees. first time eagles have not won the free kicks since last year i think. did they stop ducking, or did the umpires finally stop rewarding it?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Usurper wrote:
Donny wrote:
Usurper wrote:
How awful is Simon Buckley..... he's a major liability in big games. At least Clarke has some potential for improvement, though he scares me too.

We just beat the top team in a thriller and that's your first comment ?? Rolling Eyes

Yep. I'll have a better perspective after we play them again, in the second last game of the H&A, at their home ground. At this point of the year, that's the most relevant comment in an otherwise scrappy game.

Come on mate, yes we didnt play as well as we can, but i reckon the weagles played the best they can against US, yet we still beat em, that is a real real UPSIDE. !! -and we have to get sinclair, pendles, johnno, dids, tazza back yet, so chill out and enjoy the moment buddy. !! Very Happy Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
carcarly_pieland 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:39 pm

We'd definitely be a notch (or two) better when Pendles comes back. I agreed with many here that Buckley is just a liability; all I remember of his game is turnover and not hitting up targets resulting opposition goals.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Gotta give the Eagles credit though. Only lost by 3 pts. They are a great side. Wont be at all surprised to see them in the Granny.
that's all. cheers.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Buckley is a liability.
Still not convinced about Clarke.
Elliot's 2 grabs in the last qrt were brilliant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: