Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpiemike Taurus

LEGEND. AMEN.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpie Jack wrote:
magpiemike wrote:
Loved Elliot's game, he's hard at it and hopefully another 10 year player for us. Early call I know, but what he's shown in his first 4 games has been promising.

I like the sound of that Mike.

Haven't seen the game yet but sounds like a hard fought win. How did Jolly go against their 2 ??

Didnt think he'd see the game out, looked fair dinkum like he had been shot, but the Trojan he is, he fought it out. Didn't let Cock and NitWit push him around. Solid game.
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:44 pm

[quote="AN_Inkling"]Also: how ironic? The worst free kick differential team against the best, winning the game with a free Very Happy. Was shocked when the umps paid that one.[/quote]

the perth media, the eagle club, players and supporters will want a royal commission into that free im sure. Razz

its a great time in perth when collingwood beat the eagles. Very Happy
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Give credit to WCE they kept coming and never gave up.
A quality side that will also go deep into September.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Invigoration wrote:
Elliot should be Dawes' marking coach, what a bloody gun!
Blairy and Beams were both terrific. Marley had a great last quarter after having a pretty rank first half. Toovey had a good comeback game on Darling and Harry O showed why we shouldn't be too quick to judge. A confident Harry O is vital to our premiership aspirations.

A couple of our fringe players got found out against quality opposition today though. Clarke and Buckley in particular were just atrocious. I'm not sure Simon Buckley hit a target all day by hand or foot and Clarke was West Coast's best avenue to goal for the most part. Clarke's defensive efforts overhead leave a lot to be desired. The loss of Leon Davis really shone through today I thought. Take a Simon Buckley out for Leon today and it would've been the difference between us kicking away when we were 27 points up and WC getting back in the game. Sloppy disposal on the rebound and slow, laborious kick outs really hurt our momentum.

Cloke was very good when it mattered, and some of his 1%ers today were more important than his direct score sheet involvement. Dawes on the other hand continues to flop, both figuratively and literally. He is such a liability these days, you've really got to wonder whether we can win a premiership with only 21 players every week...

What should be quite apparent to everybody today was that WCE's disposal is superior to ours. Rarely missed a target by hand and foot, especially to their leading forwards. We badly need to correct this flaw by August, or it may well be our undoing. Our endeavour at the contest is excellent, just lacking the 2010 polish.
Corcerned that the last two matches against lower teams may have softened us to a degree, but we got there in the end. Thought we laboured at many stages though, considering we had a weeks break?
Didn't think the midfield read Nat's ruck taps as well as i'd hoped.
Had Pendles been in the middle, he would have smoked them.
Kerr was brilliant. Shifty little bastard.
Oh shit, and Sinclair's terrier like attack on the ball sorely missed too.

Now, that was by far Clarke's worst ever, EVER, game for us. Handing WCE many gimme scoring chances, and totally trainwrecking one of ours approaching 3/4 time. Get used to wearing the colour red pal. Buckley getting his hands on the ball enough, but just hit the target. Not rocket science is it?

mudlark wrote:
Has there been a worse umpiring exhibition this year? 3 goals to the wee gals from frees NOT paid to us. The one not paid to Elliot for his magnificent tackle ,NOT paid and Natinui marks and goals,was a frigging disgrace. But HEY!!!!! We WON.and are TOP of the tree. Very Happy Gotta love that.

Muddy, those turds did their level best to gift the game to WCE. I suggest there may have been a 1986 Victoria Park type riot near the maggots race had we lost. These ruck infringements continue to stupify every single person at the venue, except the three f*kcwits awarding them, on a weekly basis.

Dyso
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:00 pm

neil wrote:
Give credit to WCE they kept coming and never gave up.
A quality side that will also go deep into September.

Right, the Weevils played an excellent stifling game and are very tough and disciplined. Much like us they contest hard and then run hard into space.

Our talent dragged us over the line - and the fact that Trav beat their back line for the first time in a while, which I bet they never counted on.

I suspect we've got a fair bit more in the tank, however, and with some stability in the line up we should be confident against them. But injuries and fitness will no doubt have a say in things, while the ruck is a bit of a wild card, too, as they did eventually grind Jols down and we would be talking more about it if we had've lost.

ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Not paying hold in the ball was a game changer, that goal to Natanui would have killed mere mortal sides
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Usurper wrote:
Donny wrote:
Usurper wrote:
How awful is Simon Buckley..... he's a major liability in big games. At least Clarke has some potential for improvement, though he scares me too.

We just beat the top team in a thriller and that's your first comment ?? Rolling Eyes

Yep. I'll have a better perspective after we play them again, in the second last game of the H&A, at their home ground. At this point of the year, that's the most relevant comment in an otherwise scrappy game.

Come on mate, yes we didnt play as well as we can, but i reckon the weagles played the best they can against US, yet we still beat em, that is a real real UPSIDE. !! -and we have to get sinclair, pendles, johnno, dids, tazza back yet, so chill out and enjoy the moment buddy. !! Very Happy Wink

That's what I thought when I read the post, how could u b so negative!

Top two teams in the comp and we just never gave up, that's the third time this season that has happened, against cats, bombers now the wet toast.

Love it better than last years come behind bullshit, we are playing almost four quarters

My only neg today is I'm sitting in fricken train instead of the car! First time to he footy since I was 17! Bloody rain!

Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Great effort to hang on! When we got that run on the third, I thought we had a real chance to blow them away. Unfortunately it got waaaaay too close (those last 2 minutes nearly killed me) but a win is a win.

A few points:
The umpiring was, in a word, baffling. The not-given free after elliot's tackle which gifted Natanui a goal and shifted the momentum.

Dwayne Russell is a complete arseclown. His screeching for a free kick for Cox against Maxy was embarrassing- Dunstall and Roos were really good.

How good are Elliot's hands? His few marks arguably saved the game.

Harry still worries me. Did some good things but still gets caught out of position frequently.

Jarryd Blair (aka Tirion Lannister) was EXCELLENT. He was everywhere tonight.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Wow,what a thriller.I'm so pleased we won in the end!

Unfortunately,i didn't get to see much of the second half because my computer kept overheating and shutting down.Thanks a lot ####ing A.F.L and ####ing Channel Essendumb! Evil or Very Mad

I can't wait to see a replay of the match.Does anyone know where you can download one in the next few hours?
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:10 pm

magpiemike wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:
magpiemike wrote:
Loved Elliot's game, he's hard at it and hopefully another 10 year player for us. Early call I know, but what he's shown in his first 4 games has been promising.

I like the sound of that Mike.

Haven't seen the game yet but sounds like a hard fought win. How did Jolly go against their 2 ??

Didnt think he'd see the game out, looked fair dinkum like he had been shot, but the Trojan he is, he fought it out. Didn't let Cock and NitWit push him around. Solid game.

Cheers Mike, it was only 3 points but I bet that made a big difference to your comfort levels next week in the Wild West.

Scotch 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Was a Herculean effort by Jolly.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:17 pm

magpiemike wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:

Very servicable game by Jolly, but is the coach trying to kill him? Needed Wood in the team this week to give him a hand. I didn't see Dawes at a centre bounce all day? And for that matter, where the hell does he hide for 95% of the gametime? Dawes is inventive though - he keeps finding a new way to shit me each week. Total oxygen burner. And how does Fasolo manage to produce the same illusion, and totally vanish for large portions of a game?

Dyso
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Amazing game and a thrilling finish. Williams and Elliot were brilliant in the last and the one thing Young did to gain possession saved a goal.

WCE are a great team but we gifted them far too many goals from dumb turnovers. Stop the turnovers and we can suffocate the game.

My worry is how much longer Jolly can go playing like Stunner McKee. His centre square work is now moving to the centre line and trying to take out the opposition's leap. Between now and finals, teams will work out how to beat this tactic.

We also need to get the third man up at every contest around the ground to give Jolly a break.

I though Jolls did a great job tonight, but I am seriously worried about our ruck situation and the healthy of Jolly.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 pm

piedys wrote:
magpiemike wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:

Very servicable game by Jolly, but is the coach trying to kill him? Needed Wood in the team this week to give him a hand. I didn't see Dawes at a centre bounce all day? And for that matter, where the hell does he hide for 95% of the gametime? Dawes is inventive though - he keeps finding a new way to shit me each week. Total oxygen burner. And how does Fasolo manage to produce the same illusion, and totally vanish for large portions of a game?

Dyso

If we played Wood along with Jolly, we would have lost... comfortably.

Jolly prefers rucking alone anyway. And did a good job too, the Eagles rucks did not have a big impact.

Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 pm

With games like that I'm destined to have a short life - simply amazing.

We had about 100 at the pub 60/40 our way and the manager said the atmosphere (and camarderie) was as good as the prelim against the Hawks.

Call it small man syndrome but I love Blairy - whjat a gun. Bravo Elliot who was amazing in the last quarter. And plaudits to Harry who has had an ordinary yesr. Yeah, he plays by the seat of his pants but he's effective and exciting when it comes off. Some of the handballs from Swanny to plays running by were freakish.

WC are an amazing outfit and have covered their injuries to star pplayers as well as we have. Yes, there was baffling umpiring decisions and I dare say if that game was played in WA, they would have won. The return bout will be special.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: