Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Make no mistake, this was a brilliant win. We guttsed it out, when most teams would have wilted.

Jolly was heroic today, single handedly taking on the Weagle giants. He held his own and negated their influence. FWIW, I actually thought Dawes stood up well in the last 5 minutes in the ruck, when the game was in the balance.

Beams may well win a Brownlow in the next couple of years - he's that good.

It was great to see Harry back to his bustling best. Apart from the mids of Beams and Swanny I thought he was just about the next most influential player on the ground, apart from Travis of course.

'Bob' Marley and 'Billy' Elliott stood tall (if that's possible for midgets) under finals type pressure, which will give Bucks confidence that they can be relied upon in September, if needed.

Both Tooves and Reid will be better for the run.

The only negatives - as others have commented - were the performances of Marty and Buckley. They will most likely both end up as depth players by season's end, once we get Taz, Pendles, Sinclair and Dids back in the team.

All in all, we are sitting pretty on top of the ladder, with several star players to come back in. Geez, we've come a long way since we were 1/3 after the carlton debacle.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm

So happy with the win, bugger the negatives, that was a great game of football between the two best sides in the AFL.

Reid, Cloke and Beams were brilliant, Clokey is back baby.
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Interestingly, it was Dawes in the ruck in the final minute and a half of scrambling in the toasters forward half.
When I saw him rucking in the defensive goal square in those torrid seconds I almost had heart failure.
ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Black_White wrote:
Interestingly, it was Dawes in the ruck in the final minute and a half of scrambling in the toasters forward half.
When I saw him rucking in the defensive goal square in those torrid seconds I almost had heart failure.

Jolly cooked? or Bucks wanted the more mobile player down there?

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Would say the big man had finally come to the end of his effort for the night
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 pm

^^Jolly cramped up after taking that diving mark. Said on the radio if he knew there was only a minute left, he'd have stayed on.
ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

The only negatives - as others have commented - were the performances of Marty and Buckley. They will most likely both end up as depth players by season's end, once we get Taz, Pendles, Sinclair and Dids back in the team.

We haven't had a week with less than 8 out injured and sometimes more than 12.. those two may just have to get better

magpiemike Taurus

LEGEND. AMEN.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:47 pm

A name to the face. Umpire 23 is Robert Findlay. He'd be lucky to do the North Bagingarra under 12s next week.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Home from the game, shit it was cold, and looking forward to watching the replay.

Bloody great game. Some of our skills were off a little a few times, but I'll put that down to pressure and/or players just trying to do too much.

Some highlights for me,

Harry O back to his dashing best.

Goldsack has cemented his spot up forward. He's a fkn hunting dog. Tall, wiry, fast (very fast), strong and a great foil for the main key forwards. I love this kid, have since day 1 and I'm so pleased for him to see how he's going. Some of those tackles were just great.

Elliot. Stuff comparions with Milne, this kid is a pocket sized Daisy with a touch of medders thrown in for spice. Sometimes I'd like to see him go at the ball at ground level more, it seems his first instinct is to let someone get it so he can nail them in a tackle, but no doubting his work ethic, footy smarts and ability. Can we build a statue of Hine at Vic Park when he dies?

Captain Nick, welcome back. 2010 called and asked where you've been. Bloody great game.

Beams. Had his own ball. Inside, outside, leftside, rightside, downside, upside, doesn't frigging matter this kid does it all.

Umpires, were almost good. They generally let it go, which I quite like but let themselves down when they had a relapse and pulled the occasional soft free out just to stuff with the consistency. Got a resounding BOOOOOO when leaving the ground which was a tad harsh. They didn't give the wiggles their usual soft frees and were very willing to let the play go on. Almost got it, not quite.

carcarly_pieland 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:50 pm

I echoed that Dwyne Russell should never open his mouth and commentate a Pies game again! Could he be any more bias? I srsly wanted to mute the tv at times!
Man Utd Pie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:50 pm

dalyc wrote:
PeterWH wrote:
Only got to see the last minute or so due to the mrs wanting to watch some CRAP on Ch 9,BUT when I did look the Weagles were in front by 7 points and then 30 secs to go the boys were 3 points in front....boy what a game,BUT who is the protected species within the AFL, BUT better still ........WHO IS ON TOP OF THE LADDER.......YEAH the MIGHTY PIES

Tell you what that commentator Dwayne Russell is a BIG PAIN..nearly as bad as Robert Walls

You need to get a new wife

Don't you have multi room tv in Australia? Would be much cheaper than a divorce.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Another thing,the crowd.Almost 63,000 there tonight.What a great effort by the Pies fans.Well done!
carcarly_pieland 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:56 pm

ClokingDevice wrote:
Black_White wrote:

Jolly cooked? or Bucks wanted the more mobile player down there?

I would say it's because Jolly was cooked. But man I agreed I nearly died in those last few minutes with so many stoppages in the Weagles's fwd 50 and with Dawes rucking Embarassed

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 pm

raymond35 wrote:
Guys, couldnt see the game so can you tell me

- we got 2 more frees. first time eagles have not won the free kicks since last year i think. did they stop ducking, or did the umpires finally stop rewarding it?

No and yes. Sucked in to Shuey not getting one for that disgraceful, Selwood--like collapse of the knees which he followed up with a headbutt to the leg. Cheating bastard.

ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Man Utd Pie wrote:

Don't you have multi room tv in Australia? Would be much cheaper than a divorce.

Lets not undersell this divorce thing, would be nice to have complete control of the remote for a change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: