Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Abbotts shouldn't live in a greenhouse

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he got Africans and Americans mixed up. Laughing

Gold Very Happy
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 pm

It's back:

Abbott accuser to sue Liberal Party powerbroker

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/abbott-accuser-to-sue-liberal-party-powerbroker-20121024-285xc.html

Abbott's original assault victim has now begun an action in the NSW Supreme Court for defamation against prominent Liberal Party identity Michael Kroger and the Liberal Party official newspaper after their strong claims made in defence of Abbott.

Alan Jones, of all the most unlikely people you could think of, is not being sued because he has already apologised for his remarks. Wow!

Hang on to your hats, this could be juicy!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:15 am

I loved this. Thomsons Lawyer
Quote:
If Mr Abbott has evidence of that he should come forward forthwith, or he should shut his mouth," he said.
"We will not tolerate our client being condemned by innuendo or ageing student politicians mouthing off.
Gold
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Culprit wrote:
I loved this. Thomsons Lawyer
Quote:
If Mr Abbott has evidence of that he should come forward forthwith, or he should shut his mouth," he said.
"We will not tolerate our client being condemned by innuendo or ageing student politicians mouthing off.
Gold

Brilliant. Very Happy

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:26 am

Abbott's violent past just won't go away. Now we learn of another assault, one which landed Abbott in court.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/fresh-abbott-punch-claim-20130607-2nvtf.html

Strange that Abbott has never mentioned this, another thing he "forgot", apparently.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 am

Shame Abbott's fist didn't connect with him. I'm no fan of physical violence, but I'm slightly less opposed to it in this case.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:53 am

Icant imagine him hitting anyone

Or anyone admitting he hit them, how embarrassing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:39 am

An air swing that doesn't connect is now an assault?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:41 pm

^ Always has been.

You have already learned this simple fact and had it proved to you beyond doubt - from memory it was in this very thread - so is your memory that badly shot, or are you just pretending you don't know and hoping no-one notices?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:17 pm

^

Oh yeah, I ignored that because it's such a pitifully weak part of the legislation. has anyone ever been convicted of "Assaulting" someone by taking an air swing or waving a fist in their general direction? Rolling Eyes Laughing

I can see it playing out in court. No physical evidence that anything happened, no genuine actual uncompromised witnesses, just someone with a political agenda making a claim. Wow.

This claim stinks to high heaven and proves utterly nothing, as did the previous one. Claiming someone has a history of violence when they haven't actually struck anyone is quite funny. Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Oops. Too much data.
David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 pm

All I gather from stories like these is that student politics was and undoubtedly still is the domain of thuggish, narcissistic wankers who occasionally think their little power games are somehow making the world a better place. It reflects badly on Abbott for having been part of that scene, but his 'victims' come off looking no better. The same goes for all ex-student politicians, a group which includes our current PM...

I'd vote for Kim Jong-un ahead of any of them.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:39 pm

David wrote:
All I gather from stories like these is that student politics was and undoubtedly still is the domain of thuggish, narcissistic wankers who occasionally think their little power games are somehow making the world a better place. It reflects badly on Abbott for having been part of that scene, but his 'victims' come off looking no better. The same goes for all ex-student politicians, a group which includes our current PM...

sounds like parliament you see on the news Confused

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:08 pm

David wrote:

It would be a very interesting study to see how many current politicians (federal, state and local) have a background in student politics or student unions. I think your description would apply to most of them.

I'm aware of one who has a reasonably notorious background in student politics, at the now defunct Melbourne Student Union I believe it was, who went onto a controversial and short lived career in local council politics and is now working as (I believe) Snr Industrial office for a union that was in the news a lot earlier this year.

The interesting fact about that last bit is that he has no qualifications or formal experience that is publically known in Industrial relations. Interesting coincidence is that the new state secretary just happens to have also been in local council in the same area.

David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:09 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

sounds like parliament you see on the news Confused

Yes, well, it does explain rather a lot. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: