Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:21 pm
Post subject: Nathan BrownReply with quote

Cool Ben Sinclair has done very well so far since switching to BP/HBF!! Very Happy
Laughing Laughing

(And Nathan Brown goes alright sometimes too......)
Laughing Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
RICHO1991 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Was brown injured on Saturday? Sore him feeling for his shoulder at one stage then shortly after was subbed out.. Anything to worry about
Robbie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 pm
Post subject: What's Next.Reply with quote

When will Nathan Brown be making a statement concerning his poor form against Sydney, and in particular Tippet.

The time to tell Collingwood supporters and members of the moment you put Club before personal profit, if indeed you believe you need to, is at the end of a season we have won the Premiership. The only reason anybody would do that after a good game is that there are not many opportunities for that event to happen again. Nathan is a good footballer however, he has to increase his work load to the point that it hurts and not to the point he looks to have put enough effort in. I hope he is able to do that although he needs to put his ego back in his bag, and just try to help his teammates in whatever way he can.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:40 pm

What the hell are you talking about?
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:56 pm

RICHO1991 wrote:
Was brown injured on Saturday? Sore him feeling for his shoulder at one stage then shortly after was subbed out.. Anything to worry about

Nothing major. When you get your pants pulled down the way he did in Sydney, your first reaction is to cover your dot as quickly as possible. Shoulders can pop out if you panic too much.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:32 pm
Post subject: Re: What's Next.Reply with quote

Robbie wrote:
When will Nathan Brown be making a statement concerning his poor form against Sydney, and in particular Tippet.

The time to tell Collingwood supporters and members of the moment you put Club before personal profit, if indeed you believe you need to, is at the end of a season we have won the Premiership. The only reason anybody would do that after a good game is that there are not many opportunities for that event to happen again. Nathan is a good footballer however, he has to increase his work load to the point that it hurts and not to the point he looks to have put enough effort in. I hope he is able to do that although he needs to put his ego back in his bag, and just try to help his teammates in whatever way he can.

Only thing that needs to be put in a bag is the above.

Nathan brown owes the club nothing this year. Been a rock down back and had one bad night. Move on.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:52 am

Great defender, had a poor game, Tippet was on fire and the delivery into the forward line was giving Browny no chance.

On to the next game
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 am

Robbie wrote:

Ummm.....that was the literary equivalent of an alzheimers patient dribbling down his chin

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:14 am

Robbie wrote:

Hey Robbie, you don't happen to have a nephew named Hiss in that other sleepy hole/hollow down Geelong way by chance? Shocked

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:13 pm

My 1 knock on Brown is that he goes to ground too easily at times.
Not talking about being out-bodied or out-strengthed though, more his balance & positioning which makes it appear he's been out-bodied.

To be specific about the Sydney game, I think he was a bit stiff with a couple of really soft free kicks to Tippett early, which in turn will affect the way you compete for the rest of the game.

Been a bit up-and-down overall for mine this year - has played some really good games, but has had a couple of shockers too......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
obleex 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:19 pm

It was painfully obvious before the ball was even bounced that Brown was the wrong match-up for Tippett. Had to be Keeffe from the get go. Not his fault.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:23 pm

King Malta wrote:
Great defender, had a poor game, Tippet was on fire and the delivery into the forward line was giving Browny no chance.

On to the next game

Not to mention Tippett was gifted two frees from what seemed to be textbook spoils by Brown Confused
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Stupied wrote:
King Malta wrote:

On to the next game

Not to mention Tippett was gifted two frees from what seemed to be textbook spoils by Brown Confused

Text book holding the jumper in front of the umpire and text book chop of the arms? What about his signature move of plonking in the middle of someones back?

Brown gets out played by most forwards he plays on and gives away too many free kicks and we get all up in arms about it. He falls over his own feet and gets caught napping often. Also spends a lot of time trying to look like he is engaging contact with his direct oppenent when he should be getting to a contest and helping out.

Robbie is on the money here.

I'd have Jordon Russell ahead of him any day.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:59 pm

obleex wrote:
It was painfully obvious before the ball was even bounced that Brown was the wrong match-up for Tippett. Had to be Keeffe from the get go. Not his fault.

This, Brown is not tall and did have the reach to match Tippett. This week I would give Keefe the job on franklin!

www.facebook/the hybernators
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:18 pm

5150 wrote:
Stupied wrote:
King Malta wrote:

On to the next game

Text book holding the jumper in front of the umpire and text book chop of the arms? What about his signature move of plonking in the middle of someones back?

Brown gets out played by most forwards he plays on and gives away too many free kicks and we get all up in arms about it. He falls over his own feet and gets caught napping often. Also spends a lot of time trying to look like he is engaging contact with his direct oppenent when he should be getting to a contest and helping out.

Robbie is on the money here.

I'd have Jordon Russell ahead of him any day.

I think if you look at the numbers around brown this season you would see a different story to the one you have painted above.

A lot of people thought presti was no good for years until they realised that while he didn't get a lot of the footy .......neither did he guy he was playing on.

Besides I kind of liked his effort on nick in the 2010 GF.....just a little bit.

I rate him.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: