Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Az 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 pm
Post subject: Darcy MooreReply with quote

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-must-pay-top-price-for-gun-teenager-darcy-moore/story-fni5f6hd-1226837576915

Nothing we didn't already know but I thought it was interesting to see that big Darcy is up to 203cm now! This kid is going to be a seriously big unit when we build him up. Looking more and more a monster to rebuild a future forward line around.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's had some excuses due to injuries but going by reports (and stats) his performances at U18 level have been far from mind blowing so far.

He'll need to show something this year worthy of our first round pick you'd think though I'm sure the Moore name will be hard to pass up.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:03 am

This is the year to win the flag since it looks like we are going to get a top 5 talent even though we might hold the 20th dcraft pick. i say all of the tanking we've been doing the past 2 years to get first round draft picks can stop now......
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:58 am

the chances of a dozen clubs letting us get him for a final round pick is zero. We may as well commit to the kid now.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:00 am

I posted extracts in the Draft and Trade Forum.
Is it worth even having this separation though?

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:00 am

ronrat wrote:
the chances of a dozen clubs letting us get him for a final round pick is zero. We may as well commit to the kid now.

Agree we cant let it him slip and I doubt we will , word is he is a much better kick than Shane Weowdin.

www.facebook/the hybernators
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:05 pm

I don't understand the articles approach.

He is potentially a top 5 pick. Yet we may have to give up our first pick for him in the bidding system. This pick is likely to be pick 8+ and possibly a pick in the teens.

Effectively, we are straight swapping a teen pick for pick 5. Seems like a great deal.

Not sure how we are paying 'More' when it's actually less.

We won't actually know what he is worth till the seasons end. So no point making a locked commitment now. There is no rush.

To E, ...is there a bad year to win the flag?
Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

melliot wrote:

He is potentially a top 5 pick. Yet we may have to give up our first pick for him in the bidding system. This pick is likely to be pick 8+ and possibly a pick in the teens.

Effectively, we are straight swapping a teen pick for pick 5. Seems like a great deal.

We won't actually know what he is worth till the seasons end. So no point making a locked commitment now. There is no rush.

Agree totally and the other benefit that cannot be quantified in dollar terms is having a son of a Collingwood Great, who has been a Pies supporter all his life, hopefully playing for the Pies and living his dream.

Is it any wonder we wonder how journalists create a column other than by including a Collingwood angle and then showing a disadvantage so as to appeal to the ugly masses that love to hate us. I hope we can regenerate the Magpie TV coverage from last year on Fox, and have it every week. Imagine watching a Friday night game without the idiotic drivel from Bruce McAvaney.

axl13 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:30 pm

As I said the other month, he is going to be a gun player in our forward line, no need for Tom Boyd we are going to get Darcy Moore, he could go number 1 with a dominating season.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:38 pm

melliot wrote:

I think what they are getting at is the idea that we would preferably like to get Darcy for a 2nd rounder, which would then free up the 1st rounder to either double-dip and get another high quality kid in the draft, or use it as a chip with which to trade.

Of course, it was too good a headline for the Hun writers to pass up as well...
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Cloke will be 27 in a few days time and 28 by the start of season 2015.

Unless we have somebody in the VFL waiting to play CHF or FF, then I think we will have to take Moore.

203cm and 94kg already, is pretty good!

Cloke is 196cm and 108kg.

Ruk + FWD or BAK + FWD + RUK is a very good prospect! Think of SuperCoach... I mean...
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:54 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
melliot wrote:

I think what they are getting at is the idea that we would preferably like to get Darcy for a 2nd rounder, which would then free up the 1st rounder to either double-dip and get another high quality kid in the draft, or use it as a chip with which to trade.

I'd rather have the kid absolutely staring and looking like a potential no.1 pick and use our pick 8+, than him just cruise along and we're not sure if he is any good as a 2nd rounder.

The worst scenario, he's worth pick 18 or so and a team bids a 1st round pick and we then have to give up pick 8 or so for him. But that's bad luck.

But the pick 18 vs 8 is just an opinion. No one will know until 5-10 years down the track if they're right. It will be Hine-sight or Hindsight

In all likelihood, I don't see this as a problem, it's a bonus.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

melliot wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
melliot wrote:

I'd rather have the kid absolutely staring and looking like a potential no.1 pick and use our pick 8+, than him just cruise along and we're not sure if he is any good as a 2nd rounder.

The worst scenario, he's worth pick 18 or so and a team bids a 1st round pick and we then have to give up pick 8 or so for him. But that's bad luck.

But the pick 18 vs 8 is just an opinion. No one will know until 5-10 years down the track if they're right. It will be Hine-sight or Hindsight

I'm sure we'd all like that, mate.

But in the game of list management, I'm also sure Dekka and his elves would want to get Moore with a 2nd rounder and thereby have that 1st round pick free to play around with. Their thinking would probably be "why get just 1 top 20 talent when you can get 2?"
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:50 pm

It would not surprise me for the AFL to alter the father-son rule to extend it to players who play less than 100 games for a club , but win a Brownlow for that club, can pick up a father-son.

This would enable Melbourne to underbid Collingwood.

Think it won't happen?? Think again!!

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:15 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
melliot wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
melliot wrote:

I'm sure we'd all like that, mate.

But in the game of list management, I'm also sure Dekka and his elves would want to get Moore with a 2nd rounder and thereby have that 1st round pick free to play around with. Their thinking would probably be "why get just 1 top 20 talent when you can get 2?"

Understanding where your coming from. But I think that line of thinking would be closer to "Hopeful" than "Reality". Clubs are just too switched on when scoping talent. Especially on a high profile U18 kid like Moore. Anyone thinking we are going to get him for significant unders is just hoping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: