Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More terrorism in France from the religion of peace.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:53 pm
Post subject: More terrorism in France from the religion of peace.Reply with quote

http://rt.com/news/220519-shooting-france-police-paris/

11 Dead at French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo.

Quote:
Charlie Hebdo is a controversial French satirical newspaper that was under attack over the publication of caricatures of Muslim leaders and Prophet Mohammed in 2011.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disgusted! These people have killed at least 12 people over a bloody satirical piece! No wonder people have reservations over a certain religion who can't take a bloody joke!

Will people be riding with the victims or their families today? Evil or Very Mad

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:14 am

About Charlie Hebdo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hebdo

....Charlie Hebdo (French pronunciation: ​[ʃaʁli ɛbdo]; French for Charlie Weekly) is a French satirical weekly newspaper, featuring cartoons, reports, polemics and jokes. Irreverent and stridently non-conformist in tone, the publication is strongly antireligious[2] and left-wing, publishing articles on the extreme right, Catholicism, Islam, Judaism, politics, culture, etc. According to its editor, Charb, the magazine's editorial viewpoint reflects "all components of left wing pluralism, and even abstainers"....[3]

Controversy arose over the publication's February 9, 2006 edition. Under the title "Mahomet débordé par les intégristes" ("Muhammad overwhelmed by fundamentalists"), the front page showed a cartoon of a weeping Prophet Muhammad saying "C'est dur d'être aimé par des cons" ("it's hard being loved by jerks"). The newspaper reprinted the twelve cartoons of the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy and added some of their own. Compared to a regular circulation of 100,000 sold copies, this edition enjoyed great commercial success. 160,000 copies were sold and another 150,000 were in print later that day.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:16 am

Apparently this is France's most deadly terror attack in about 20 years! Bloody hell!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:55 am

Gees I remember all the fuss when that magazine came out. They said back then they wanted the guy who did the cartoon, dead. The mind boggles.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:08 am

And so it begins.

Get the feeling these types of attacks will be the new form of terrorism acted out on the west.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:48 am

swoop42 wrote:
And so it begins.

Get the feeling these types of attacks will be the new form of terrorism acted out on the west.

It began a long time ago, really, Swoop, amd there are a limited number of things that we can do pull it back.

Clearly, respecting the rights of muslims living peacefully in the West is a good place to start. It is probably also wise not to deliberately poke the beast... The financial times in London ran an Op-ed today suggesting that Charlie
Hebdo was almost courting such a thing, and was it besieged with protest... but emotional reponses aside, some things demand moderation and rationality in response.

Long term, we will need to increase surveillance activity and spending and reconsider our policy as regards future arrivals. We need to stabilise the communities we have, and that suggests being very cautious about whom we allow to enter our borders in future. Quite simply, if certain groups contained a low rate of a viral infection that could not be cured and could kill many, we would screen much more strongly against that infection. It is time to challenge some of our cherished assumptions and fears, and think rationally, rather than romantically, about our immigration policy. New York, Madrid, Istanbul, Nairobi, London, Mumbai, Boston, Toronto, and of course across the Middle East every day... How much evidence and how many innocent bodies does a romantic ideal about cultural equivalence and unmanaged wholesale pluralism need, before it re-examines its assumptions ?

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:42 am

I wish media outlets would stop showing the footage of that policeman being killed. There's just no need for it.
#SIDEBYSIDE
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:55 am

swoop42 wrote:
And so it begins.

Yep,

Has already started but this is the evolution of terrorism. No organised groups or cells, lone wolf or small groups acting independently, inspired but not supported by the larger terrorist organisation.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:04 am

They've named the culprits. Amongst them two brothers, French nationals from Paris who have been in French prison before , of Algerian descent & who have returned from Iraq fighting for ISIL or the like.

The 3rd suspect is from Reims, North of Paris where there is an anti- terror operation is occurring.

France has the largest Muslim population in Europe. While terrorist acts are not Muslim acts per se, one only needs a small % of that community to be religious nutters to supply such perpetrators.

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:22 am; edited 3 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:09 am

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:14 am

watt price tully wrote:
They've named the culprits. Amongst them two brothers, French nationals from Paris who have been in French prison before , of Algerian decent & who have returned from Iraq fighting for ISIL or the like.

The 3rd suspect is from Reims, North of Paris where there is an anti- terror operation is occurring.

France has the largest Muslim population in Europe. While terrorist acts are not Muslim acts per se, one only needs a small % of that community to be religious nutters to supply such perpetrators.

Not that I want to suddenly turn into a spelling nazi but I seriously doubt there was anything decent about these two, whereas them being descended from Algerians doesn't surprise me, minded you if they were descended from Jackals that wouldn't surprise me either.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:20 am

stui magpie wrote:

There's a great cartoon in the UK daily telegraph with two upright pencils (as though they were the twin towers) with a black plane flying towards it). I don't know how to copy & paste but like your's is a ripper I thought.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:20 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
They've named the culprits. Amongst them two brothers, French nationals from Paris who have been in French prison before , of Algerian descent & who have returned from Iraq fighting for ISIL or the like.

Not that I want to suddenly turn into a spelling nazi but I seriously doubt there was anything decent about these two, whereas them being descended from Algerians doesn't surprise me, minded you if they were descended from Jackals that wouldn't surprise me either.

Thanks. The price I have to pay when I'm not using my specs Embarassed

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:26 am

watt price tully wrote:
There's a great cartoon in the UK daily telegraph with two upright pencils (as though they were the twin towers) with a black plane flying towards it). I don't know how to copy & paste but like your's is a ripper I thought.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15   

Jump to: