Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football on hold for Jesus

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:08 pm
Post subject: Football on hold for JesusReply with quote

Cant believe I'm not watching football because of a religion based around a guy that would have thrown up at the thought of being labelled the son of god
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tess wrote:
Once again you know not what you talk about.....

I'm not God, I may forgive but I never forget.

Oh right let's just believe the gospels that the church said are ok and ignore the other gospels written by apostles but not canonized, dead sea scrolls, koran, and nag hammadi texts that say Jesus was an ordinary rabbi, that his brother took over as the head of the Jerusalem church and they considered Paul who started christianity and never met Jesus in person as the father of lies

"This myth of Jesus has served us well" Pope Leo X
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:50 pm

And stop following me Tess
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:07 pm

It's quite sad that even on Good Friday, the holiest day of the year, bigots like that pathetic low-life wanker have to try and spoil Easter for everyone else. Perhaps he should actually read the gospel and see that Christ is God and claimed to be so.

John 10

30 I and my Father are one.

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:22 pm

Those are all quotes from the canonized (sanitized) gospels, in other words the 4 gospels the church decided they could distort... what was wrong with the gospel of Thomas or Philip? I'll tell you, they didn't agree with a mad roman emperor named Constantine who lined up the bishops at the 2nd ecumenical council and forced the deification of Jesus onto them at the point of a sword, the majority of christian sects before that believed Jesus an ordinary religous man, head of the Jerusalem church, a strictly jewish religion. Then the greeks made 16 thousand changes to the already sanitized gospels when translating it from hebrew.... the church instigated the dark ages by restricting the flow of knowledge and destroying as many records and books as they could lay their hands on, because they knew if people were allowed to think for themselves they would question the myth, it worked for a 1000 years, thankfully we have emerged from that darkness.... Do you know what the most common myth is? the dying and ressurected pagan man/god myth born of a virgin on 25th december, there were several of them doing the rounds long before 2000 years ago, pauline christianity is just a pagan religion with a roman slant. The true Jesus if he was alive today would walk into the vatican and once again take up the scourge and chase the money changers from his house!

Last edited by Gunder on Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:13 pm

Birdy wrote:
It's quite sad that even on Good Friday, the holiest day of the year, bigots like that pathetic low-life wanker have to try and spoil Easter for everyone else. Perhaps he should actually read the gospel and see that Christ is God and claimed to be so.

Interesting that only christians are allowed their beliefs on this "holiest" days.... and how holy is this day for Buddhists and other religions?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:49 pm

Or what?
Eunos 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:28 pm

I would like this discussion to actually rise above the religious aspect of the day and look at the facts.
Fact is, Australia is made up of people who do not all recognize this day.
Fact is, NSW are playing a thugby league game today.
Fact is, shops are open (albeit mostly take away food shops.)
Fact is, service stations are open (this gives access to groceries etc.)
Fact is, only the AFL seem to have a problem with having a game.
Fact is, a levy would raise up to $250,000 extra in gate receipts, + can rattling, to be donated to the RCH.

I don't care that ppl have their day of celebration, but seeing as a rival code has seen fit to capitalize on this day, why shouldn't we?
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:55 pm

Tess wrote:
that pathetic low-life wanker wrote:
And stop following me Tess
After all with that pic you must be gay.

That's what my wife tells me.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:58 pm

Well, I've just watched "The Passion Of The Christ" at the Astor ... and there's no bloody way I'd want to watch a game of football after that.

Get some perspective here ... a guy who's done nothing wrong gets found guilty in some Jewish version of a kangaroo court ... Even the Roman governor knows the Jews are full of shit, but he's scared they'll riot so he washes his hands of it and lets the mob have their way. The guy gets punched and whipped to within an inch of his life, then has to carry this bloody great cross up a mountain, just for the privilege of being nailed to the damn thing and strung up to die. And you morons want to watch a game of football to celebrate?

F%#ck off !

Have a bit of respect.
Gunder 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:46 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
Well, I've just watched "The Passion Of The Christ" at the Astor ... and there's no bloody way I'd want to watch a game of football after that.

Get some perspective here ... a guy who's done nothing wrong gets found guilty in some Jewish version of a kangaroo court ... Even the Roman governor knows the Jews are full of shit, but he's scared they'll riot so he washes his hands of it and lets the mob have their way. The guy gets punched and whipped to within an inch of his life, then has to carry this bloody great cross up a mountain, just for the privilege of being nailed to the damn thing and strung up to die. And you morons want to watch a game of football to celebrate?

F%#ck off !

Have a bit of respect.

Well actually Alfie boy there is no historical record of Jesus being resurrected from a crucifixtion outside of the bible (and the romans were meticulous recorders of history) so in answer to your question I dont think it is too much to ask to want to watch football.... hollywood myths aside Wink
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:08 pm

I see that pathetic low-life wanker you've been watching the SBS Christmas specials, I don't know what they're called, but they should have been named "The Bible is inaccurate and we're gonna prove it"....... I can understand from your point of view, as a skeptic, that the Bible would have been changed.... of course that is saying that there was no divine intervention in the maintaining of the scripts..... it is very interesting to point out though that the catholic church did introduce a lot of pagan stuff, e.g. the veneration of Mary, Sunday worship, celebration of Christmas and Easter instead of Passover.... but its interesting that while they could have done whatever they liked with the Bible, the Bible still says nothing about Mary being somehow equal to God, it does not say that Sunday should be observed instead of Saturday, and there's nothing about December 25 or Christmas at all.....
So, why would a church with so many different teachings from the Bible not change the Bible to agree with them? Unless there was preservance there from God, or they did not want to change anything, either way, those are good arguments that the Bible hasn't been changed.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:12 pm

oh yeah apart from all that I don't have any problem with footy being played on Good Friday as Jesus never told us to observe it...... but I fully understand why somebody would feel it was disrespectful....
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:33 pm

I thought we were keeping religion out of this?

Anyway...what you guys still fail to acknowledge is that in NSW they DID get a game of footy on GF. And they have been for years.
Why not us?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:36 pm

Anyhow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: