Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bulldogs comparison

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:33 pm
Post subject: Bulldogs comparisonReply with quote

can anyone comment our respective development/drafts over the last 5 years or so?
I know we beat them in a final in 2010 and they went swiftly downhill while we hung on and have tapered away? Are they seeing results now because of a group of youngsters who have had an extra year or two together where a lot of our players haven't played much vfl together let alone senior games?

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beveridge is rated very highly as coach too!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:40 pm

They have drafted a perfect blend of in and under types and x-factor speed demons who can kick. We're one-paced. No coincidence that of all the Makthouse apprentices, of which Buckley is one, only Scott at North is having any sort of moderate success. Neeld? Gone. Watters? Gone. Malthouse? Gone. Buckley? Thin ice.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:41 pm

I think they did alright out of a few departures of big names leaving for gws as well. (griffen, ward... think there was one more). They got Boyd from the griffen deal. What was their compensation for losing lake and coons?

No question about their ability to put together a fast hard running side who won't hold back. They're playing like rabid dogs and that says a lot about Bevo and what he's been able to achieve there in such a short amount of time.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Bulldogs comparisonReply with quote

didick wrote:
can anyone comment our respective development/drafts over the last 5 years or so?
I know we beat them in a final in 2010 and they went swiftly downhill while we hung on and have tapered away? Are they seeing results now because of a group of youngsters who have had an extra year or two together where a lot of our players haven't played much vfl together let alone senior games?
The Dogs play a great style of football. It was 2 v 35 half way through the first quarter and now it's 29 V 35 at quarter time. It's been a great game and the Dogs have passed us in the straight and we have tailed off last in the race to the finish line. I purchase a Dogs membership again this year for my Pensioner mate who loves them and is struggling financially. He just messaged me and said "If only your team had a bit of bite we would be both be enjoying football". Shocked .
courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm

They were peaking 2008/09 we were 10/11.

If we tracked the same path we should be a couple of years behind them in development.

They peaked and didnt win a premiership, we did.

Things arent great now but I would still rather be a Pies supporter.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Let's see whether they can win against reasonable opposition away from Docklands before we worry too much. They have few, if any, competent big talls at either end of the park.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:17 pm

The Bulldogs rebuild started at the end of 2011, ours started at the end of 2013 so we're two years behind on this basis despite the similar age profile.

However the Dogs weren't afraid to make a move when they went backwards in 2014 under Brendan McCartney after progressing well in 2013 after a shocking 2012. McCartney and the recruiters of that time laid the groundwork and foundations for the current Bulldogs team and with Beveridge's tactical nous the team has clicked in a way in which I don't even think diehard Bulldogs supporters would have envisaged initially.

If the Western Bulldogs 2014 = Collingwood 2016 hypothetically speaking a coaching change must be made before the start of 2017 especially if there's no improvement from now until the end of season. Buckley's been given sufficient time and most of us have been patient but it can't go on like this for any longer if we don't improve. Lose to Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne and Brisbane in the next few weeks then this season is finished! Buckley needs to win a minimum of 10 matches this year to have any chance of staying. Will that happen? Time will tell.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Jezza wrote:
The Bulldogs rebuild started at the end of 2011, ours started at the end of 2013 so we're two years behind on this basis despite the similar age profile.

However the Dogs weren't afraid to make a move when they went backwards in 2014 under Brendan McCartney after progressing well in 2013 after a shocking 2012. McCartney and the recruiters of that time laid the groundwork and foundations for the current Bulldogs team and with Beveridge's tactical nous the team has clicked in a way in which I don't even think diehard Bulldogs supporters would have envisaged initially.

If the Western Bulldogs 2014 = Collingwood 2016 hypothetically speaking a coaching change must be made before the start of 2017 especially if there's no improvement from now until the end of season. Buckley's been given sufficient time and most of us have been patient but it can't go on like this for any longer if we don't improve. Lose to Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne and Brisbane in the next few weeks then this season is finished! Buckley needs to win a minimum of 10 matches this year to have any chance of staying. Will that happen? Time will tell.

Mate Carlton are just so bad, if we lose to them, Bucks has to fall on his sword. Surely he has the dignity for that

pricey 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:14 pm

Just finished watching the Dogs v Hawks game and can't help but notice the assistance given to Hawthorn. Did anyone else see that the Hawks have started screening the player on the mark , I remember when the Pies were doing the same a couple of seasons ago there was an outcry and calls for rule changes. p.s. I know I am open to calls of paranoia , but just saying.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Let's see whether they can win against reasonable opposition away from Docklands before we worry too much. They have few, if any, competent big talls at either end of the park.

Yep. And let's not gloss over the fact that Roughead and Hodge didn't play either.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:46 pm

pricey wrote:
Just finished watching the Dogs v Hawks game and can't help but notice the assistance given to Hawthorn. Did anyone else see that the Hawks have started screening the player on the mark , I remember when the Pies were doing the same a couple of seasons ago there was an outcry and calls for rule changes. p.s. I know I am open to calls of paranoia , but just saying.

hawks had a dream run in the last from umps- majority of goals came from bullshit free or free not given.

Dogs are great at etihad- but found wanting on bigger grounds.

Make no mistake- McCartney did all the hard yards and gave tough love and then sees beveredge reap the rewards.

They play fats-break football and try and catch teams out on rebound.

They are like a more offensive/much less defensive hawks.

We will be OK by the end of the year-team unity on-field takes time-if not- I reckon nath must fall on his sword
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:07 pm

dream of their passion and attack...........
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Losing Murphy forever will kill the dogs.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Cam wrote:
Losing Murphy forever will kill the dogs.

any news on that? i thought the same thing cam when i saw him hobble off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: