Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Geoff Walsh on AFL site

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:36 pm
Post subject: Geoff Walsh on AFL siteReply with quote

Geoff talks on Tom Lynch next year but a very interesting paragraph caught my eye

Collingwood can fit him in when he comes home particularly as Nathan Buckley prepare,s to experiment with Darcy Moore in defence over pre season games

Look that's not word for word but the suggestion on Darcy Moore very interesting

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Nathan experimenting with Darcy Moore on the backline over summer, but the really big question is, what are our chances of landing Tom Lynch next year?
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 pm

I don't think that's really an experiment. We know Darcy can play well there and have known for a long time.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 pm

On Lynch wish I knew that but we have games to win ,a team to create and get that right resulting I hope in September action

On Lynch what wil be will be

john b 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 am

I don't get why they'd do that with Moore to the backline. Yeah pinch hit for certain match ups. It doesn't make sense to me. Good key forwards are like finding a needle in a haystack.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 am

It makes absolute sense to play him in the backline, even if its just for 1 season....

Everyone knows the game is easier in the backline where the ball is coming to you... also, he'll leave a mint off some of the blokes he'd be playing on.

It was floated by some commentators a few months ago, and if it happens, i think it's a great idea.

He'll be a far better player for it.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 am

If the final game this year was any indication Darcy at CHB
worth persevering with

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 am

burnsy17 wrote:
It makes absolute sense to play him in the backline, even if its just for 1 season....

Everyone knows the game is easier in the backline where the ball is coming to you... also, he'll leave a mint off some of the blokes he'd be playing on.

It was floated by some commentators a few months ago, and if it happens, i think it's a great idea.

He'll be a far better player for it.
The trouble is the screams of rage from some posters will be annoying
We have blooded some kids at HBF and our entire coaching and recruiting staff need to be sacked Look at the complaints when Fasolo was played in defence
Just because it is a good idea doesnt mean poster will tolerate it

The only other problem is who plays forward when this happens

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:29 am

I'm guessing either:

1. Reid stays forward. He competes but I'm not sure if his body is up to it. I'd prefer him down back.

2. We go the Scraggs/Tigs option and play a single big forward (Grundy/Cox alternating). However, I'm not sure if we have the forward pressure to play this way.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:34 am

If Moore goes to CHB he will a star, and the center piece to build the entire a defense around. Reid can carry the can up forward with cameos from Cox and Grundy until Tommy Lynch comes home.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:52 am

I'm guessing Reid plays 4 games with persistent quad problems and Moore does a hammy.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:43 pm

Walsh did say we'd be able to fit Lynch into our salary cap (wow those TPP problems seem serious).

If we did sign Lynch (big if), I think moving Moore to defence is our best option. Then we have a superstar (or potential) at both ends and one in the ruck. Just fill the other two KPP spots with decent players (McClarty, Cox/other) and you have a great spine.

The balance there is perfect. Having two superstar key forwards and only decent key defenders is not great. Especially as I rate key defenders higher than forwards these days.

I'm almost certain Moore would be an awesome defender. Uses the ball well, very athletic and not at all soft. This is the only reason I'd be excited if we signed Lynch (or other big name KPF).

This is where Moore's flexibility is helpful. If we signed a big name KPD (eg. Lever), then Moore stays forward. If we sign a big name KPF (eg. Lynch) he goes back. Will depend on who's available. The fact we are trialling him in defence when we have no KPF replacement, is pointing towards the possibility that we may sign one soon, or are at least considering it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: