Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Prelim. Pies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensei Grundy wrote:
It will be 1980 revisited.

They also have an extra night’s rest.

As a Pies supporter since 1970, I can write the script for you.
I have the same scars.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:21 am

The extra nights rest is neither here nor there.

You don't wanna be losing GFs to sides like Carlton/Richmond/Essendon.
Anyone else meh, wtf cares, we'll get over it.
I will add Melbourne/St Kilda in there too although they haven't bothered us in years & my personal dislike of the Bulldogs but Carlton/Richmond/Essendon, nope no way!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:24 am

lihei wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
It will be 1980 revisited.

They also have an extra night’s rest.

As a Pies supporter since 1970, I can write the script for you.
I have the same scars.

no totally different, the 1980 team was one of the worst GF teams we ever had, full of battlers, no real stars except Moore, daicos, an over trained by Hafey, he ran us into the ground. This team now is lightyears ahead of that battling mob, way, way better team.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:27 am

ANNODAM wrote:
^ You tell 'em Sensei...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be proven wrong, but some of us have been down this road before.
Losing to WC last year will pale in comparison.

I sat through that game too, and the hawk one and the Wayne Harmes one, and three on the telly, before we struck gold in 1990, and no matter the pain, I cried before tonight’s game, I’ve chewed my fingers to the knuckles, I swea4 I have PTSD, but damn it it’s worth it for the wins, and you never know when that’s gonig to be, so suck it up princess, get your arse to the G tomorrow and be a SUPPORTER, god times and bad. Nothing $$%^%%$ worse than a prickle arsed supporter.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:37 am

If Bumford tries to play filthy on Brodie tomorrow, then he will give away 20 frees rather than the 9 he gave away last week. You're underestimating Brodie if you don't think he is ready and fully capable of defending himself against anything that the Egyptian relic can muster up against him.
We will win if we control the midfield. ...And we can. Wombat and Tay to be pivotal.Hold GWS up, brutalize them in the centre and at the stoppages. De Boer can go to whoever he wants, because he is then unavailable elsewhere. Personally, I think this is the situation where Wills is flying under the radar. I see him (and Tay) as crucial. If De Boer goes to an outside mid, (Pendles), it just means that space will be left for someone else to fill.
Their best strategy would probalby be to try to tag Tay with De Boer. Good luck to De Boer in doing this. Tay will scorch the earth in getting rid of him, and Wills is still running through.
GWS absence of Greenfingers and Whitfield assists us in controlling the midfield. Giants ball movement will be reduced by absence of Whitfield.
Giants' tall forward line will suffocate if we control the midfield. We will get the ball to ground (Roughie and Darcy intercepting or spoiling) and our fast defenders clearing the ball (Noble, Crisp, Maynard)
Go Pies!! Be not afraid. We have this one covered.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:45 am

watt price tully wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
All I care about now is that we win tomorrow.

Next week will take care of itself.

Me too. Because anything else is irrelevant.

Correct weight. And that's the answer to the question: what is big, grey has big ears and a trunk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddhrz0XKySQ

Classic. ! Laughing

melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:01 am

Preliminary finals aren't easy to win. Funnily enough neither are GFs. That's why we cherish them. If it was easy...........it wouldn't be worth it.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:07 am

We all experience a sense of excitement and trepidation and at different times we experience the feelings differently (if that's not too generic)

And remember what my Father never told me:

" 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all "

I love my pies (and my footy team)

Of course, over the course of the next two weeks that won't be applicable because we're gunna smash the bastards (well I don't give a FRC by how much we win)

Go Pies
Floreat Pica

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:18 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
If Bumford tries to play filthy on Brodie tomorrow, then he will give away 20 frees rather than the 9 he gave away last week. You're underestimating Brodie if you don't think he is ready and fully capable of defending himself against anything that the Egyptian relic can muster up against him.
We will win if we control the midfield. ...And we can. Wombat and Tay to be pivotal.Hold GWS up, brutalize them in the centre and at the stoppages. De Boer can go to whoever he wants, because he is then unavailable elsewhere. Personally, I think this is the situation where Wills is flying under the radar. I see him (and Tay) as crucial. If De Boer goes to an outside mid, (Pendles), it just means that space will be left for someone else to fill.
Their best strategy would probalby be to try to tag Tay with De Boer. Good luck to De Boer in doing this. Tay will scorch the earth in getting rid of him, and Wills is still running through.
GWS absence of Greenfingers and Whitfield assists us in controlling the midfield. Giants ball movement will be reduced by absence of Whitfield.
Giants' tall forward line will suffocate if we control the midfield. We will get the ball to ground (Roughie and Darcy intercepting or spoiling) and our fast defenders clearing the ball (Noble, Crisp, Maynard)
Go Pies!! Be not afraid. We have this one covered.

Mumford will give away frees but the problem is he'll take a physical toll. He was destroyed by Martin but Stef was struggling physically in the last. Could just be coincidence but Grundy's worst game of the season was a week after playing the Giants. Another coincidence is that game was against the Tigers.

The Giants game won't be easy. They've made a bunch of Prelims now and are a hardened finals team. Of their outs there's been so much talk about Greene, but they know how to play without him he's missed so many. His loss is simply cancelled out by De Goey's. The bigger loss is Whitfield, he underpins so much of their ball movement. Still, we're missing a few ourselves with Cox being a big structural deficit. Leaves us relying on two players who haven't played in months in Aish and Reid. We are also taking a risk with Noble and Wills, two players that are hard to trust in big finals.

Media talk about the depleted Giants has been ridiculously overblown given the above. Leigh Montagna went as far as saying it could be the best win in history if they could get over us Very Happy The amount of media attention they've got this week and the way they've whinged up the Greene suspension, all points to a team that's going to put all on the line with their backs to the wall. Already played that way in their first two finals, I think they'll dial it up further.

It's going to be a tough final with GWS looking to make it a dog fight. Like most of our games I'm certain we'll have periods of dominance along with periods where we struggle for ball movement. The key will be to maximise our scoring during the former and minimise theirs during the latter. Basically, let's score more than them Razz

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:33 am

Let's score more than them? Wow! Shocked
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:42 am

We like dog fights
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:32 am

Well, that's it... I'm up!
0330hrs and I haven't felt this nervous since September last year.... bloody dentist in 6.5 hrs Shocked

K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:34 am

You'll be okay as long as Toby G is not your "dentist".
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:36 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Fair dinkum, I'm not going to name names, but there's been some pretty pissweak posts on this thread, from people who have seemingly soiled their pants already. If our players were as timid and unconfident as some of you, we wouldn't have a phucking chance tomorrow night. Luckily, that's not the case.

It's a Preliminary final. No-one knows what the result will be. The Giants are a very good team. But FFS, we are much, much better team, with a better coach, and most importantly a better culture.

Show some spine folks. Get on board the Pies train. I've never bet on football in my life, but tonight I laid out $500 on the Pies to win the Grannie at 3 to 1.

We will smash the Giants, then crush, kill and destroy the Tigers, with Brodie Grundy winning the Norm Smith, following his 50 hit outs, 25 disposals and 2 goals.

Only $500 Rude should have really stolen that cash from the bookies mate
I had a dip at us pre season at the juicy odds of $5.30 to win it all and then again at $4.00 just to make it
If I get up the good wife has already planned on how to spend the windfall

Come on the pies
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:42 am

K wrote:
You'll be okay as long as Toby G is not your "dentist".

Laughing

Can you believe it, 6 weeks ago, the bookies wound us out to 10's.... fools!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33   

Jump to: