Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Treloar?!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:00 pm
Post subject: Trade Treloar?!Reply with quote

Is the Herald-Sun talking about our original trade to get Treloar, or are they saying we're enquiring about trades right now?!

"Pies, Suns secret Treloar talks revealed
TRADE SHOCK It started with Collingwood asking how much it would take to get pick one. The Suns’ response is proof the battling club is sick of their own list being plundered and are eager to initiate their own recruiting raids."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fcollingwood-considered-a-gold-coast-suns-request-to-trade-adam-treloar%2Fnews-story%2F5615c265dc41a0e8cf82a064cf23f4a9&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In a heartbeat for pick 1
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Collingwood considered an audacious play by Gold Coast to lure star midfielder Adam Treloar to the Suns.

The Herald Sun can reveal the secret talks between the two clubs in the second half of the season were abandoned after Treloar emphatically refused to entertain the trade.

The Suns’ stunning recruiting raid came after Treloar had put pen to paper on a lucrative four-year contract extension in July.

Replay the 2019 Toyota AFL Grand Final in full on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14 day free trial and start streaming instantly >

The new deal has not been made public by Collingwood, but it ties the onballer — previously contracted through to 2021 — to the club until the end of 2025.

While the trade is now dead, the Suns’ approach shows the battling club is sick of their own list being plundered and are eager to initiate their own recruiting raids as they chart a path up the ladder.

The Treloar conversation started when Collingwood asked Gold Coast what it would take for them to part with their prized No. 1 pick.
Adam Treloar’s name came up in trade talks with the Gold Coast Suns. Picture: AAP Images
Adam Treloar’s name came up in trade talks with the Gold Coast Suns. Picture: AAP Images

The Suns have never had any intention of parting with a first selection they are desperate to use on Victorian wonderkid Matt Rowell.

But it was in those discussions that Treloar’s name was raised. There are conflicting versions around which club raised the idea first, but multiple sources said the Pies considered the trade “for a little bit”.

It’s understood that slight delay didn’t sit well with Treloar, who has repeatedly spoken of his love for Collingwood, his teammates and coach Nathan Buckley.

Still only 26 and an eight-year star of the competition, Treloar gathered the most disposals in the AFL this year (789) at an average of just under 33 per game.

He was fourth in Collingwood’s Copeland Trophy count after finishing third in 2017 and second in 2016 — his first year at the Pies after crossing from Greater Western Sydney.
Sacked_Promo_650_90_V2.png

Treloar this year bravely disclosed his battle with anxiety, admitting he has struggled off-field in recent seasons with the pressure to perform.

“If it wasn’t for them guys, the love and support from my teammates (I would have stopped playing),” Treloar told Fox Footy earlier this year.

“I love those guys, I love the Collingwood Football Club; I’m always going to be a black and white man. I absolutely love the place — still have my struggles — but from where I (was) 12 months ago I am that far ahead.”

MORE TRADE NEWS

Buckenara: Why Blues can win the flag in 2021

Cats up ante in Tim Kelly trade war

Swans hold ace in Daniher standoff

Treloar sought a trade home to Victoria at the end of the 2015 season after being recruited by GWS before the 2010 draft as an under-age selection.

The Collingwood move saw the Pies give the Giants pick 9, a fourth-round pick and a future first round selection.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:17 pm

To even entertain that is ludicrous. He's a linebreaking star, those don't grow on trees. Imagine if we traded Treloar and got the next Jack Watts.

The conversation should've been

"What would it take to get Pick 1"
"Treloar"
"**** off"
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Surely they jest - if there’s any truth to it, we’ve given an outside mid a contract extension until he’s 33. No wonder Grundy’s asked for 7 years - he’ll only be 32.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:35 pm

It smells of robbo and "cash for comments" style story writing.

Anything for the AFLs baby (GCS) to look good in trying to lure big players since they have such a bad rep on recruitment
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Don't trust these lying shits called journos
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Not that I believe the vast majority of the story but I guarantee the Pies would entertain Matt Rowell if it meant Treloar was part of the trade. Rowell has virtually been the best player in the TAC for the last two years. He will be a superstar of the competition very quickly.
Having said that, Treloar is a fine player too. He had a modified preseason but still had a very good season. I expect him to be better in 2020 and beyond.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:58 am

The Age's version:

"The Magpies meanwhile also had speculative discussions with Gold Coast about a possible trade for the number one draft pick in recent days.

The Magpies sounded out the Suns about what it would take to entice them to trade the number one pick after Suns list manager Craig Cameron offered a never-say-never response when asked last week about the possibility of trading the pick.

While Cameron accepted it was highly unlikely he would entertain a trade he also said it was impossible to rule something out until you know what it is.

In the conversation about pick one Adam Treloar was raised as a player the Suns would be very interested in – Craig Cameron had been at the Giants though not when Treloar was there but was a fan of the quick midfielder.

The Suns were also aware that Treloar's partner was pregnant and her family lived on the Gold Coast so he might be opento a move.

While the Suns, who now have picks one and two in the draft, were interested in Treloar they were still not prepared to budge on pick one believing the possibility of bringing in not just two highly talented players but two players who were good friends and so able to potentially stay at the club together was more important."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pies-star-elliott-snubs-demons-and-lions-opts-to-stay-at-collingwood-20191007-p52ygx.html
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:38 am

Yes please trade Treloar
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:45 am

Do you want to support that call with reasons?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:47 am

K wrote:
The Age's version:

"The Magpies meanwhile also had speculative discussions with Gold Coast about a possible trade for the number one draft pick in recent days.

The Magpies sounded out the Suns about what it would take to entice them to trade the number one pick after Suns list manager Craig Cameron offered a never-say-never response when asked last week about the possibility of trading the pick.

While Cameron accepted it was highly unlikely he would entertain a trade he also said it was impossible to rule something out until you know what it is.

In the conversation about pick one Adam Treloar was raised as a player the Suns would be very interested in – Craig Cameron had been at the Giants though not when Treloar was there but was a fan of the quick midfielder.

The Suns were also aware that Treloar's partner was pregnant and her family lived on the Gold Coast so he might be opento a move.

While the Suns, who now have picks one and two in the draft, were interested in Treloar they were still not prepared to budge on pick one believing the possibility of bringing in not just two highly talented players but two players who were good friends and so able to potentially stay at the club together was more important."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pies-star-elliott-snubs-demons-and-lions-opts-to-stay-at-collingwood-20191007-p52ygx.html

Cheers! The Herald-Sun made it look like Collingwood offered Treloar for a top pick. That is disgraceful journalism -- even though we expect it of the H-S, it really is goddamn deceptive. It makes the club out to be complete mercenary pricks prepared to throw Treloar under the bus. The fact is, we were having a chat with GC about what it would take, and they said Treloar.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:47 am

90 nice wrote:
Yes please trade Treloar

How about we trade you to the Gold Coast? We'll even pay for your membership.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:56 am

I'd certainly be up for trading him for pick one plus another pick or player (Jack Martin). Not too fussed he said no, but I really hope the extra info about signed to 2025 is not true.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:21 am

his name might have been thrown out by them as a "type" of player however the pies would know full well Adam would not leave the state. He just wont.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: