Watching the grand final DVDs: Thoughts?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Just letting people know that this morning I actually started getting the shakes. I needed my footy fix.

So I'm sitting in bed with the missus with the laptop and watching the grand final replay.

Go Pies!!!

P.S. Don't tell me the result. :wink:
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

jack_spain wrote:Just letting people know that this morning I actually started getting the shakes. I needed my footy fix.

So I'm sitting in bed with the missus with the laptop and watching the grand final replay.

Go Pies!!!

Everytime you watch it you see and hear something different.

Did anyone else hear those pissy Saints supporters using the hackneyed,

"Let's go Sainters. Let's go!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG. How sad. :D
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

jack_spain wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
orie wrote:
swoop wrote:Poor quality for a dvd. I was expecting better. oh well we still won i suppose

I agree. Nothing particularly special in extra scenes. Also dvd seems to skip and freeze. What can you expect when it is available almost immediately after the game..

Still I am sure that any Collingwood fan with some video editing ability could put something together that is way better.

I'm just waiting on someone making a Seasons Highlights video on Youtube...

If I did it, it would be awful...be lucky to be 10 seconds long before I made a mess of it...

Favourites 2008 is the man. I'm sure he'll get around to it. :D

I'm gonna miss Faves when he retires

I mean who in 2015 has the time to edit ALL those Steele Sidebottom highlights into one 10 minute video...
We just got nutted at the clearances...
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

The_Staunton wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
orie wrote:
swoop wrote:Poor quality for a dvd. I was expecting better. oh well we still won i suppose

I agree. Nothing particularly special in extra scenes. Also dvd seems to skip and freeze. What can you expect when it is available almost immediately after the game..

Still I am sure that any Collingwood fan with some video editing ability could put something together that is way better.

If I did it, it would be awful...be lucky to be 10 seconds long before I made a mess of it...

I mean who in 2015 has the time to edit ALL those Steele Sidebottom highlights into one 10 minute video...

You'll have to take a multimedia course mate. :wink:

BTW mate are you having withdrawal symptoms as well? I notice that like me, you have been living on Nicks the past couple of days. :lol:
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

jack_spain wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
orie wrote:

You'll have to take a multimedia course mate. :wink:

BTW mate are you having withdrawal symptoms as well? I notice that like me, you have been living on Nicks the past couple of days. :lol:

Mate, got nothing else to do now - mow the lawn, watch Bathurst, or I think the Commy Games has the womens 75+ Kg Weightlifting on tonight...

Best to sit here and celebrate the 8 day anniversary!
We just got nutted at the clearances...
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

jack_spain wrote:
jack_spain wrote:Just letting people know that this morning I actually started getting the shakes. I needed my footy fix.

Go Pies!!!

Everytime you watch it you see and hear something different.

Did anyone else hear those pissy Saints supporters using the hackneyed,

"Let's go Sainters. Let's go!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG. How sad. :D

One thing I did hear on about the 4th viewing with Ch7 commentary was Jolly calling Kozi a "Bloody idiot" through the sound effects michrophone ? umpires microphone when Jolly was awarded a free kick later in the game against the hapless Kozi.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Go Pies!!!

We're up to half-time and good news: Pies are well in front. :wink:
R_T_RUSH

Post by R_T_RUSH »

Had another look this morning with the Channel Rex commentary.

I give Jolly the award for the best ever one minute of individual GF footy:
Jolly -> gather -> sidestep -> GOAL -> centre bounce -> Jolly clean tap -> Pendles -> Steele -> Jolly slips catch -> GOAL. Wonderful
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

R_T_RUSH wrote:Had another look this morning with the Channel Rex commentary.

I give Jolly the award for the best ever one minute of individual GF footy:
Jolly -> gather -> sidestep -> GOAL -> centre bounce -> Jolly clean tap -> Pendles -> Steele -> Jolly slips catch -> GOAL. Wonderful

That WAS good. :D

Oh, BTW I can confirm after watching the DVD again this morning. We won!

Collingwood is the 2010 Premier! :lol:
HAL

Post by HAL »

Oops. Too much data.
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

Go Pies!!!

what were you doing Jack, laptop dancing in bed ? :lol: :oops:
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

collie dog wrote:

Go Pies!!!

what were you doing Jack, laptop dancing in bed ? :lol: :oops:

It wasn't his missus, it was his mum's old labrador! :P :P :P :twisted:
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
Didaicos

Post by Didaicos »

Getting my dvd sent here in the uk, but one observation. After watching the game several times through other means. How $ awesome is the crowd noise when Wellers kicks that goal in the 3rd. Even though Bruce said Swanny's goal was the "sealer" I think the crowd knew then.
WELLLINGHAM ROVES IT....AND KICKS THE GOAL!!!!

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!