VFL - AIS practice match Friday

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

VFL - AIS practice match Friday

Post by jackcass »

Good story

LEADING draft prospects Peter Wright, Hugh Goddard and Christian Petracca will be keen to continue their strong early-season form in Friday's AIS-AFL Academy curtain-raiser at the MCG.

The three Victorians are members of the Academy side which will take on Collingwood's VFL team at 4.20pm ahead of the Hawthorn and Fremantle Grand Final rematch.

Wright, a 202cm forward from the Calder Cannons, kicked five goals at the weekend while Goddard, the cousin of Bomber Brendon, booted three goals for the Geelong Falcons.

Petracca, who starred in last year's TAC Cup finals series as a half-forward, has pushed further into the midfield and proved himself to be a goalkicking on-baller.

The VFL contest has proved an excellent form line in recent years as to the top draft selections of their respective years.

Last season Tom Boyd established himself as the standout player of his draft pool with a 10-mark effort against the Magpies' VFL side, while the year before father-son Joe Daniher starred against the Box Hill Hawks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-02/t ... ts-on-show

The fact the game is at the G as a warmup to Friday's senior game makes it tough for Pies fans to get along to. Shame it couldn't align with a Collingwood Friday night fixture.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

How do you go and watch the Game?
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Contact the club Dave... demand access!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

jackcass wrote:Contact the club Dave... demand access!

I did monday. Still Waiting for Reply
I am Da Man
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

what are you hoping from the club? it is a curtain raiser. pay the entry fee. the age of entitlement is over.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

John Wren wrote:what are you hoping from the club? it is a curtain raiser. pay the entry fee. the age of entitlement is over.

Careful JW, Stupied will soon tell you that politics belongs only in VPT..... :roll: :wink:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Collingwoodfc.com.au will be covering the match with a live chat. You can set a reminder in the module below.

Those wishing to watch the match must purchase a ticket to the Hawthorn v Fremantle match in order to enter the ground.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

John Wren wrote:
Collingwoodfc.com.au will be covering the match with a live chat. You can set a reminder in the module below.

Those wishing to watch the match must purchase a ticket to the Hawthorn v Fremantle match in order to enter the ground.

Thanks JW.

As for the lecture on the age of entitlement... bit rich coming from someone who'll get into the G for free to see the game... :oops:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Thanks JW.

As for the lecture on the age of entitlement... bit rich coming from someone who'll get into the G for free to see the game... :oops:

ha. i am using my afl membership and it entitles me entry.

i think you are club plant.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

John Wren wrote:i think you are club plant.

sssshhhhhh!!!!!
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:what are you hoping from the club? it is a curtain raiser. pay the entry fee. the age of entitlement is over.

Careful JW, Stupied will soon tell you that politics belongs only in VPT..... :roll: :wink:

Since JW hasn't tried to label anyone left or right wing for no good reason, and wasn't derogatory, I have no issues.

Here are some rolly eye smilies for you because I know you <3 them.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

xxx