Anzac Day tradition is kept as is.

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Collingwood MUST take a stand on this.

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 21

Hiss

What?

Post by Hiss »

David wrote:Yes, to the stocks with the heretic.

Just to be clear, I'm fine with disabled ex-soldiers being let into the game for free. As I said, it's a nice gesture; and, as a few have pointed out, it's their day after all. But I just find all the outrage generated by this story hypocritical and short-sighted. Where was your anger when, for instance, the government cut $4.5 billion from our foreign aid budget? In contrast to big picture issues like that, this is just a cheap tabloid distraction.

So, before you all do a Hiss and start ranting about disrespecting troops, keep this in mind: it's not them I have a problem with. It's you.

Why should we be outraged when they finally start cutting foreign aid so our veterans might have a chance of getting some medical care that is long over due? See we have homelessness and chronic poverty here at home in Australia, yet on the other hand you advocate we keep spending on foreign aid. I say we need to look after the home front first before we start doing what you and those arse wipe Greens want and that is to give all our money overseas to corrupt Governments to buy weapons to use against us. Any fool that says we should give away our taxpayer money in foreign aid is either a foreign spy working to undermine Australia with idiotic policies or a bloody lazy fool who thinks Aussies in need should always come last. Piss off and go and live in China.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
John Wren

Re: hmmmmm

Post by John Wren »

Hiss wrote:
John Wren wrote:
4pies wrote:
Hiss wrote:Well veterans were nearly ambushed. We need to be on guard just in case. How dare they!

Hiss how many wars where you in and how many did you die in?
this is totally unacceptable.
get the RSL to take them to task.

Hey scumbag try not to make fun of veterans or wars. I know you and that other wanker on this thread have only ever served yourselves.

you need a medal for having to serve bertha. i think you are either a club plant or a silly sausage.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
cobood

Re: What?

Post by cobood »

Hiss wrote:
David wrote:Yes, to the stocks with the heretic.

Just to be clear, I'm fine with disabled ex-soldiers being let into the game for free. As I said, it's a nice gesture; and, as a few have pointed out, it's their day after all. But I just find all the outrage generated by this story hypocritical and short-sighted. Where was your anger when, for instance, the government cut $4.5 billion from our foreign aid budget? In contrast to big picture issues like that, this is just a cheap tabloid distraction.

So, before you all do a Hiss and start ranting about disrespecting troops, keep this in mind: it's not them I have a problem with. It's you.

Why should we be outraged when they finally start cutting foreign aid so our veterans might have a chance of getting some medical care that is long over due? See we have homelessness and chronic poverty here at home in Australia, yet on the other hand you advocate we keep spending on foreign aid. I say we need to look after the home front first before we start doing what you and those arse wipe Greens want and that is to give all our money overseas to corrupt Governments to buy weapons to use against us. Any fool that says we should give away our taxpayer money in foreign aid is either a foreign spy working to undermine Australia with idiotic policies or a bloody lazy fool who thinks Aussies in need should always come last. Piss off and go and live in China.

Well said Hiss... in my eyes you are 100% right on this!!
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
cobood

Post by cobood »

John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:
John Wren wrote:
4pies wrote:
Hiss wrote:Well veterans were nearly ambushed. We need to be on guard just in case. How dare they!

Hey scumbag try not to make fun of veterans or wars. I know you and that other wanker on this thread have only ever served yourselves.

you need a medal for having to serve bertha. i think you are either a club plant or a silly sausage.

Surprised at you Jock! :(
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:
John Wren wrote:
4pies wrote:

haven't all the club plants been outsourced under a sponsorhip arrangement?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David

Re: What?

Post by David »

cobood wrote:
Hiss wrote:Why should we be outraged when they finally start cutting foreign aid so our veterans might have a chance of getting some medical care that is long over due? See we have homelessness and chronic poverty here at home in Australia, yet on the other hand you advocate we keep spending on foreign aid. I say we need to look after the home front first before we start doing what you and those arse wipe Greens want and that is to give all our money overseas to corrupt Governments to buy weapons to use against us. Any fool that says we should give away our taxpayer money in foreign aid is either a foreign spy working to undermine Australia with idiotic policies or a bloody lazy fool who thinks Aussies in need should always come last. Piss off and go and live in China.

Well said Hiss... in my eyes you are 100% right on this!!

You do know Hiss is joking, right? :shock:

Surely no-one could seriously agree with that.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

stui magpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:
John Wren wrote:
4pies wrote:

haven't all the club plants been outsourced under a sponsorhip arrangement?

that's right. they're our new pre-match entertainment otherwise disguised as a dancing troupe.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
David

Post by David »

I would actually pay to see a dancing plant troupe.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange