Ball sub this week

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Wokko wrote:AFAIK the sub comes from the 4 interchange players. I'd be thinking it's Blair or Adams.

Once final team sheets are submitted 30 minutes before the game.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Hmmmm .... out of that lot I think I'd be looking at Fasolo as the obvious choice as sub. They really should have Adams in for the full game - he's fit enough and a real live wire, while Fasolo has yet to demonstrate his fitness to return at this level.

But if so, why wouldn't they have named him on the bench?

Of course, we could always name an out-of-form senior player as the sub, on the theory that this would put a huge rocket up him. No names, but his initials are DS.

But it's Fasolo for mine.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

jackcass wrote:
Wokko wrote:AFAIK the sub comes from the 4 interchange players. I'd be thinking it's Blair or Adams.

Thanks for that, I started to think I'd just invented some strange rule from nowhere. :lol:
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

Ball's work in close was critical to our success last week. His body work is something no other player gives us at the moment.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
Boot

Post by Boot »

Ball was very good in the first quarter last week with typical hard body work in close. Surely his kicking for goal couldn't be as bad this week. I'd have Fasolo as sub this week.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

jackcass wrote:

this will be the biggest crowd adams will have played in front of. big stage, maybe see how he handles it. having said that, i'd go with adams as sub.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
clydesdale

Post by clydesdale »

I think Fasolo. He's also got the ability to provide some sort of X factor as a sub, and his good ball skills may be what's needed at a critical time in the game.
woodys_world69

Post by woodys_world69 »

S. Pendlebury will be sub
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Well done boys!