Here comes Keeffe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Neil Appleby

Here comes Keeffe

Post by Neil Appleby »

After two weeks of being completely overlooked by our match committee, Lachie Keeffe will make his 2014 debut this weekend. I'm not entirely convinced they would have selected him if not for Brown's injury, but selection is selection. I'm looking forward to Keeffe's next 20+ games for the year.

Now, if we can just get the match committee to recognise our ball-magnet, Taylor Adams. After limited game time in R1, Adams came out wearing the green vest last week. It really is puzzling. After recovering from an early pre-season injury, the boy tore it up at every session I watched.

Unfortunately, some players are unobtrusive and their brilliance can be lost on many; just look at how many Nicksters failed to give Beamer a vote last week; inexplicable.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
mackasmatt

Post by mackasmatt »

Adams was terrible R1, hence the demotion. Needs to prove he is good enough to be the walk-up start we assumed.
------------
----------
MAGPIES '18
----------
------------
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I wrote three months ago that he should start in the VFL and got flamed..... :shock:
He has tremendous potential but is still very wet behind his ears..... :roll:
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

I thought he played really in the quarter he came in for. Not sure how many possessions he had but his efficiency with the ball was right up there.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Adams: 4 kicks, 3 handballs. 100% efficiency. 2 Clearances from 2 stoppages and 1 inside 50.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

I've been keeping an eye on all the posts and I thought it was Keefe who was going to be sellected this week... who's this Keeffe bloke?
HAL

Post by HAL »

All? [quote] And get another first draft pick in the process was Keefe who was going to be sellected this week? Very interesting.
David

Post by David »

I'll wait for team selection, but I'm also very much looking forward to seeing Keeffe in the line-up. Let's hope he can vindicate those of us who wanted him in.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Adams was Okay RD 1 but was Awsome in last QTR vs Swans.

Was very Clean with the Ball where other's where not
I am Da Man
John Wren

Re: Here comes Keeffe

Post by John Wren »

Neil Appleby wrote:Unfortunately, some players are unobtrusive and their brilliance can be lost on many; just look at how many Nicksters failed to give Beamer a vote last week; inexplicable.

no, others were ahead of beams in performance. his clanger count was pretty bad. he got alot of the ball but didn't use it well. similarly, lubumbla.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Lazza wrote:I wrote three months ago that he should start in the VFL and got flamed..... :shock:

You'll continue to get flamed for it too. He was awesome last week with limited exposure, and played very well during the preseason hitouts. 30 odd possessions against the cats from memory.
He is a class above VFL level, and certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped back there on the back of one quiet night. (Where he was still better than a big chunk of our team I might add)
He should play a full game this week with Ball the sub imo.
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Stupied wrote:
Lazza wrote:I wrote three months ago that he should start in the VFL and got flamed..... :shock:

You'll continue to get flamed for it too. He was awesome last week with limited exposure, and played very well during the preseason hitouts. 30 odd possessions against the cats from memory.
He is a class above VFL level, and certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped back there on the back of one quiet night. (Where he was still better than a big chunk of our team I might add)

Correct on Adams (not sure about ball as sub though) I think the fact that basically none if our team performed well against freo is worth highlighting as opposed to singling out Taylor's game.

He's in the 22 for mine at present.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by RudeBoy »

September Zeros wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Correct on Adams (not sure about ball as sub though) I think the fact that basically none if our team performed well against freo is worth highlighting as opposed to singling out Taylor's game.

He's in the 22 for mine at present.

The only reason Adams was relatively quiet against Freo was that he was played out of position. He is not a winger, he is an in and under powerhouse and should be played on the ball. Already he's gone past Luke Ball in our best 22 imo.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

jackcass wrote:I've been keeping an eye on all the posts and I thought it was Keefe who was going to be sellected this week... who's this Keeffe bloke?

Kheegffe is our tall back man. Who's this Keefe you are talking about? Why does everyone miss the silent h and g in his name.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
slydog81

Post by slydog81 »

Hopefully the sub isnt Ben Kenneddy for a change, kid deserves a full game.
We're always up to mischief!