Is Swan our Chappy in waiting?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

roar

Post by roar »

E wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:If he learns to kick that would be fantastic, at his age its probably not going to happen

Would be the clubs most unreliable shot at goal and that's when he actually kicks it over the head of the man on the mark!

That is so silly, its not even worth a response. Rarely misses a shot on goal (and has kicked some gems) and i cant remember him ever kicking into the man on the mark when shooting for goal!!!.

May not have kicked into the man on the mark when kicking for goal and he may not be our worst shot for goal but he has still missed a heap of shots on goal.
kill for collingwood!
BUCKS THE GREATEST

Post by BUCKS THE GREATEST »

The fact that he never falls to ground I would leave him one out in the goalsquare as I never see him get beaten one on one either. Very smart reader of the play
DAICOS might try the torpedo here, he does and THUMPS it LOOK AT THAT its home!!!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

roar wrote:
E wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:If he learns to kick that would be fantastic, at his age its probably not going to happen

Would be the clubs most unreliable shot at goal and that's when he actually kicks it over the head of the man on the mark!

That is so silly, its not even worth a response. Rarely misses a shot on goal (and has kicked some gems) and i cant remember him ever kicking into the man on the mark when shooting for goal!!!.

May not have kicked into the man on the mark when kicking for goal and he may not be our worst shot for goal but he has still missed a heap of shots on goal.

Exactly, I don't know how anyone could even come close to claiming he rarely misses!

Swannys accuracy is 51%! By comparison the most maligned shot at goal at Collingwood is at 55%
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

As a forward Chapman used to get on a long lead out and either Mark or collect the ball at 50 swing around and score.
Swany tends to play and do more damage close to goal.

That said, Swan is a far better forward - playing in the midfield.

Seems to kick more goals playing midfield than he does as a designated forward.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Brown26

Post by Brown26 »

I reckon Swannie will have a blinder this week - as a midfielder. They'll hard tag Pendles IMO, who will push forward, and Swannie will be bristling from the external criticism and silence it with 30 touches and a couple of nice goals.

He's too good to be down for too long, and he does have a history of responding well to media and external pressure (belly rub anyone?)

- Ben
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

I expect to see him primemoving when the whips are cracking.

In the meantime, he is reaching the age bracket where he'll need to be kept fresh and the forward line is certainly where he needs to go when he is keeping the kays down. He'll never be Chappy but Chappy was never Swanny. Chappy is a half forward flanker who is/was good enough to play in the middle. Swanny is a midfielder good enough to do a Lethal and retire to a forward pocket.

But the ol' team of Swanny and Pendles will still be the oppo's biggest problem in September
they can smell what we're cookin'