INJURY UPATE -Brown 4-5, Sinc 2-3 - Pendles should be fine

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Bring in Fas and play him forward.

Toovey and Goldsack will have to take Stokes and Varcoe.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

swoop42 wrote:Bring in Fas and play him forward.

Toovey and Goldsack will have to take Stokes and Varcoe.

Who takes Bartel?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

I'd give Langdon a crack at Varcoe.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

swoop42 wrote:Toovey and Goldsack will have to take Stokes and Varcoe.

I thought Varcoe was injured and out for a long time?

On no, on checking, I was thinking of Vardy - they both start with "V" and I am very easily confused.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

MagpieBat wrote:
woftam wrote:To be honest Ramsay wasn't too flash down back in the VFL on Saturday.

Wasn't the best of games from the kid, but we're running out of options.

The alternative is to see Armstrong running around, giving Stokes 20 metres of space to play around in...

I liked Armstrong's games in the pre-season (or at least the couple I saw) and although he's a skinny little weed, he's very quick, seems to have a better-than-average footy brain, and seems to have the knack of being where the ball is and handling it with some skill, especially in tight. I reckon he's getting a lot of bad press here on Nick's that is quite undeserved. You be way, way happier seeing Armstrong run out at half-back than Clarke, just to name one. And with Sinclair out, Armstrong seems like a good replacement. He doesn't have Sinker's manic courage, but he's even faster, fumbles it less, and is worth a try, in my view.

I don't see Armstrong as a player you'd want manning up a dangerous high-scoring forward. He's really not a stopper, but he is a ball winner. I don't see anyone else much putting his hand up just now between injuries and the unfortunate Williams situation. Can we afford two slight-bodied outside runners in Armstrong and Young? Perhaps not. On the other hand, can we afford not to have some speed and creativity in the back half, attributes that don't really come to mind when you think of Maxwell, Brown, and our one-paced midfielders?

Or then there is the idea of Fasolo as a defender - he's a risk too. Which is the lesser risk of the two? Which of the two is a better bet on Varcoe? (Ans: neither. Varcoe would murder Armstrong with body strength, and cut Fasolo apart with pace. Tooves is the man for the job on Varcoe.)
Last edited by Tannin on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I'm tipping Armstrong to debut in place of Sinclair.

We do have good depth and a number of players around the same level. But to lose so many defenders (7? Williams, Reid, Seedsman, Scharenberg, Sinclair, Brown, Oxley, Broomhead), makes fielding a backline pretty tough. And then when you do field it, you've got the problem of it being a line that comprises of loosely acquainted points.

I guess the good news is that we're playing everyone down back at the moment. Add Fasolo and Mooney to an already long list.
Well done boys!
E

Post by E »

Steve86 wrote:Think they are just looking after swans wrist's and easing him into it. Huge guess on that but he did have double wrist surgery and maybe he pulled up sore after freo so they are putting him in less 'active' spots. Sucks for sinkers but we can cover him for now

Dane Swan tweaked his groin against freo. It is what it is. he is going to play with it because he is a gun and we need him and he at least attracts a quality player when he is forward, but it will take weeks for him to back to his best. If we ever getto play a crap team, he will probably be rested for a week.

The wrist thing might have some merit, but blind freddie saw him tweak that groin and they take time to heal.
E

Post by E »

jackcass wrote:I'd give Langdon a crack at Varcoe.

i like this. Langdon is an above average athlete.

Assuming Keefe gets Hawkins, who does Frost go to?
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

[quote="woftam"]Loosing backmen is becoming a real pain this season already.

Williams - Reid - Scharenberg - Sinkers - Brown

I guess Keeffe will come in & Goldy will probably go back as well.[/quote

Don't want any of our backs to be loose. It is even worse when we lose them to injury.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

MagpieBat wrote:
Stupied wrote:So by Collingwood standards, we can expect Pendles out for 2, Sinkers out for 6, and Browns funeral on Wednesday. Is that about right?

Well, Wednesday is what the club will tell us, but it will really be on Tuesday and the club will try to smuggle the coffin out the back of the church. Michael Palin will then come out, do a presser and tell us that the parrot is, in fact, not dead...

brown will be the new elvis.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
woftam

Post by woftam »

ronrat wrote:
woftam wrote:Loosing backmen is becoming a real pain this season already.

Williams - Reid - Scharenberg - Sinkers - Brown

I guess Keeffe will come in & Goldy will probably go back as well.[/quote

Don't want any of our backs to be loose. It is even worse when we lose them to injury.

I'm 50 - Can I plead dimentia yet? :wink:
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

E wrote:
jackcass wrote:I'd give Langdon a crack at Varcoe.

i like this. Langdon is an above average athlete.

Assuming Keeffe gets Hawkins, who does Frost go to?

I actually like Frost for Hawkins. Mitch Brown is their other KF, and they'll rotate Bliclavs/McIntosh/Simpson forward at times, so there will be lots of options for Keeffe.
roar

Post by roar »

Tooves for Varcoe and Fas on Stokes.
kill for collingwood!
woftam

Post by woftam »

Langdon played on Bartel in the NAB challenge & did well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the job again.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

woftam wrote:Langdon played on Bartel in the NAB challenge & did well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the job again.

Yep good call, his height and pace could trouble Bartel, a big job for the lad.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators