Bulletin Board Changes

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mike

Bulletin Board Changes

Post by Mike »

I've been tidying up the way the Bulletin Board uses cookies and while I was at it I introduced a front page log in / log out facility.

Logging in from the front page is no different to logging in anywhere else on the site. Once logged in, if you have cookies enabled on your system, you shouldn't have to log in again until you log out.

Logging out clears the cookies from your machine. There is no need to log out after a session unless you are using a shared computer (school, uni, work, internet cafe etc.) and want to prevent other people using that machine to gain access to the Bulletin Board using your username (Ash). If you don't log out the system will automatically log you back in when you return (as usual).

As usual, please let me know if you have any trouble or notice any anomalies in the way the Bulletin Board is running.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Oh... and for those of you using Netscape who are wondering what the hell I'm talking about - don't go looking for it, it's not there.

I haven't got around to writing the code for Netscape yet, so you won't see any change until I do.
PeterWH

Post by PeterWH »

Brief question to you Mike......when you get the chance......did you get my email.
No dramas and no hurries.
Peter

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Mike

Post by Mike »

No Peter

mailto:?subject=&body=

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 24 May 2002).]