#19 Cameron Wood

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Collingwood 4 eternity

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

Macedonian Marvel #35 wrote:
Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:Bump

Looks like Cam Wood is the main man for at least the next 3 games , with Jolly having had knee op yesterday.

Time to step up again Cam
may be only 1 game

he plays this week , we then have the bye.

it will then be up to the docs i guess on if hes good for the game against the pussy cats
Cam will have to get experienced at playing the Cats at sometime , might as well be a H&A match.

What if Jolly goes down in the finals , it then all falls back onto Cam , he needs to demand his place in the Ruck
1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
Macedonian Marvel #35 wrote:
Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:Bump

Looks like Cam Wood is the main man for at least the next 3 games , with Jolly having had knee op yesterday.

Time to step up again Cam
may be only 1 game

he plays this week , we then have the bye.

it will then be up to the docs i guess on if hes good for the game against the pussy cats
Cam will have to get experienced at playing the Cats at sometime , might as well be a H&A match.

What if Jolly goes down in the finals , it then all falls back onto Cam , he needs to demand his place in the Ruck
A bloke who has limited time in the AFL I think needs this chance. He needs a good 3-4 weeks to get the hang of it again.

If anything, I think if Cam performs around the ground at an A grade level, he might push out Leigh Brown.

Brown hasn't been 'lightening' this year so far.

Go Cam!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^No chance of pushing out Leroy. Wood is simply not a second ruck. Has nothing like Brown's physical presence either. And Brown's form hasn't been all that bad. Certainly not bad enough to even consider playing Wood as second ruck. I'd take Keefe and even Shae ahead of Wood in that role.
Well done boys!
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

AN_Inkling wrote:^^No chance of pushing out Leroy. Wood is simply not a second ruck. Has nothing like Brown's physical presence either. And Brown's form hasn't been all that bad. Certainly not bad enough to even consider playing Wood as second ruck. I'd take Keefe and even Shae ahead of Wood in that role.
I wouldn't take Shae. I reckon I'd hand in my membership if they picked him. - Thats a bit extreme. I wouldn't go that far.

Keefe, yes very good point on that young bloke! Forgot about him.

I'm not Woods biggest fan, but I really want him to step up to the plate and make the selectors think... FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK... you know?

I'd love to see it happen.

Fraser did at times; and did it very well. I'd just love to see Wood do it.

Don't aim to be good, aim to be fire-trucking brilliant!
Last edited by Brenny on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomoleary

Post by tomoleary »

AN_Inkling wrote:^^No chance of pushing out Leroy. Wood is simply not a second ruck. Has nothing like Brown's physical presence either. And Brown's form hasn't been all that bad. Certainly not bad enough to even consider playing Wood as second ruck. I'd take Keefe and even Shae ahead of Wood in that role.
There's no way in hell I'd play Shae ahead of Cam Wood. I think you're not giving Cameron his due credit.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Just to be clear: I'm talking about second ruck here. I don't like Cam in this role at all. I rate him as a first ruck, and see him as a good backup to Jolly, and certainly the very next in line. I just don't ever want to see him play as a second ruck again.

Playing Shae ahead of him may be going too far, but I'd definitely be picking Keefe ahead of him. Leroy's streets ahead of both.
Well done boys!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'd happily give Shae a go in the Leroy role before Wood. That's not Wood's caper, he's a first ruck.

I hope he goes well, really do. He's got a chance with Jolly out to get some form and confidence. I still think he can come good as a first ruck, we've invested a lot of time and effort into him and he has all the basic tools to be a solid, serviceable ruckman.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

stui magpie wrote:I'd happily give Shae a go in the Leroy role before Wood. That's not Wood's caper, he's a first ruck.

I hope he goes well, really do. He's got a chance with Jolly out to get some form and confidence. I still think he can come good as a first ruck, we've invested a lot of time and effort into him and he has all the basic tools to be a solid, serviceable ruckman.
Jolly is 30 too. Wont be around too too much longer.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Jolly's absence now could very well end up be a blessing in disguise later in the season.

I'm prepared to show a little faith in Wood and give him an opportunity to show if he can step up to the role of number 1 ruckman if called upon.

He needs game time at AFL level to continue to improve and with the overall strength of our team i think we can afford to give it to him when and where we choose.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

This is the kind of work he needs, get games into him where he is the #1 ruck option and like many of them, he will blossom.
Get back on top.
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Ceglar is going to have to step up too at some point.

I don't think Shae will ever debut, and Ceglar is going to be next inline after Wood.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we want some Bayley!
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

Neither Ceglar or McNamara is ready.

Its Wood plus Leroy till Jolly comes back.

You'd expect Jolly will miss the Geelong game and maybe the Adelaide game. So its up to Cam Wood to do the job. Its time Cam! Lets go!
Magpies love pies(Lol)
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

melliot wrote:We shouldn't be all concerned with how many possies. It should be his ruck work and stoppage contesting and aerial work that should be judged.
This. Around the ground work will improve as he continues to mature.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Hope they give Jolly as much time as he needs. Want him firing on all cylinders come finals and an extended run in the seniors might be just the thing for Woody.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Brenny wrote:Ceglar is going to have to step up too at some point.

I don't think Shae will ever debut, and Ceglar is going to be next inline after Wood.
Ceglar could be 4-5 years away, at least. That's if he even makes it. Not too many quality rucks under 24. Most that are playing in the firsts, were very early picks.
Well done boys!