Some positives from Round 5 V Esssendon

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Dr Alf Andrews

Some positives from Round 5 V Esssendon

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

It's a bit hard to find anything positive to say about today's game ... but I managed to find two things.

1. There was no terrorist attack ... we're all alive ... so, really, when you put it all in perspective ... we're laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Our Cheer Squad absolutely thrashed the Essendon Cheer Squad. We destroyed them. They were no match for us whatsoever.

We out-bannered them. Take a bow, Vamp7, because I get the impression many of those ideas are yours. That banner today was MAGnificent.

And we out-chanted them despite losing by 11 goals. Great effort from everyone. Especially Joffa up front. That's really the ONLY way to deal with an old-field flogging. You've just gotta be defiant and proud. And we were great today.

I couldn't believe how pathetic the Essendon Cheer Squad was. If they're that quiet when the beat us by such a huge margin, I'd hate to imagine what they'd be like when they lose.
zoia

Post by zoia »

i really wanted to belt this essendon feral in there cheer squad she had red hair kept pointing at the screen when we chanted really shitted me and alot of ppl around us wanted to deck her.
cobood

Runthru acknoledgement....

Post by cobood »

Hi Alf....

yes the Banner was Magnificent thanks to the team that made it.... ummmm Vamp7 offered her help and she did wonderfully but as far as idea it came from you know where..... and implemented by Shannon Louie and myself...

I'm not one for bragging but this year Im not going let other ppl claim my hard work...
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

Sorry, Frankie.

I didn't mean to sell you short there. :) :)

The banner was really quite beautiful. And I'm referring especially to some of the subleties ... like the use of thin white tape around the gold lettering of "LEST WE FORGET". It made the words stand out brilliantly from a distance, even though the average person in the crowd wouldn't have seen the actual white tape itself. I suppose I singled out Vamp7 because I noticed her doing that particular job on Thursday night.

But I also loved the way the silver and gold paper was combined on the ANZAC symbol as well. And I noticed several people, including yourself, putting that together on the Thursday.

It was my first time at banner this year and I was amazed at the large turnout. And also by the intricacy of some of the work that was going on.

And the hard work really showed when the two banners went up. Ours left Essendon's banner for dead, I thought, even though the Essendon banner wasn't a bad one by any means. Usually they beat us in the banner department, but this year I reckon we've turned the tables on them.

So, please ... let me rephrase what I said before.

EVERYONE involved in the banner this week ... take a bow for a job well done.
cobood

Banner acknowledgements

Post by cobood »

:D Now thats better Alf...

Yes we have a great TEAM now at runthru...
mainly because everyone is allowed to give their oppinions and ideas... some are used ... some are not... but everyone is thanked for their contributions...

Hoping to enjoy your presence every now and then at runthru...
:)
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Liccas_Gal

Post by Liccas_Gal »

I thought the banner look excellent, you should all be very proud of yourselves!!
Go the Pies!!!
Dr. Rock

cheers squad

Post by Dr. Rock »

I too thought the banner was excellent , the bumbers banner looked ordinary in comparison. Our cheer squad really was good today.
The prematch stuff was sensational highlight being the cars wit the old diggers and nurses, really made me think what had they seen in there lives and how proud hey must have felt. Awesome feeling and good to see standing ovations for all, in fact it was a great day, then the game started!!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Congratulations Collingwood CS - The Australian Flag even got a mention on ABC radio as brilliant (as both CS had "Lest We Forget" on one side).