Round 6 runthru winner.........................

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Geoffy Pie

Round 6 runthru winner.........................

Post by Geoffy Pie »

Hello everybody, BJ will be away for a few months and i will be taking the reigns till he gets back. It was pretty tough to judge this week but hopefully i've done ok.

So with nothing more to do the winner for this week is....................

Kristin with

HEY NICKY
PLEASE DON'T CRY
IT WAS YOUR CHOICE
NOT TO BE A PIE

Congratulations, look forward to judging next weeks :wink:
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

Yaaaaaay! I finally won something! What do I win??? Or is it just bragging rights for a week?
"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls.
cobood

Post by cobood »

LOL.... Kristen sri but its not a date with Bux..... :lol:

You get to go out on the ground on Saturday... :wink:
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

Cool, Frankie! I'll be there, definitely. If nothing else, at least I get close to Nath ;) (and you saw how excited I was in Brissy!)

Should I meet you somewhere at a certain time?
"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Hey K5 - check the sports section of today's Age (Thursday). They have mocked up your banner as a side bar to a Nick Davis story.

More people will probably see it in the Age than the real banner on Saturday, and it shows just who is cruising these pages.

(A belated Happy Birthday btw)
zoia

Post by zoia »

wat they copied kristans post
Joel

Post by Joel »

Magpies give Swans the message
By Melissa Ryan
May 01 2003

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/arti ... 98712.html

When the rhyme to adorn Collingwood's banner for the match against Sydney is decided today, Magpie president Eddie McGuire is determined to make it topical but fun.

Two weeks ago, the AFL threatened Collingwood with a $20,000 fine if it did not remove the McGuire-penned banner for the Brisbane Lions match, which centred on salary cap issues.

McGuire said at the time that the round-six banner could prove lively reading - $20,000 fine or not. Who could forget Sydney chairman Richard Colless flipping the middle finger to McGuire during a Four Corners episode last year?

"We're still hoping to make it topical and all the rest of it," McGuire said. "I don't think the last one was insulting or over the top by any stretch of the imagination but the AFL wanted it off so we had to act on that occasion.

"When you get to the footy, the whole idea is that you barrack for your team and give it to the opposition, and that's what we're just trying to achieve, so we'll have a bit of fun about it."
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

Was that your slogan that Trev used on the Footy Show Ozboy?

I just heard the 'flipped Ed the bird' bit.

Reckon it was.

First Kristin in the Age and now you on the Footy Show in 1 week. We seem to have lost the banner and gained all the publicity (with no attribution of course!).
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

LOL - it also looks like Nick Davis reads The Age (or Nick's!), because he mentioned in the Herald-Sun yesterday that he had read somewhere that there might have been a message directed at him on our banner. I guess he was talking about mine!

Thanks to Frankie and the rest of the cheersquad for allowing me to help hold up the banner on Saturday night. It was a real thrill although, as Frankie will tell you all, I nearly passed out being so close to Nath! Her words, "Kristin, you went as white as a ghost!"
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I'm sure she would like to hear about that.