#2 Shane Woewodin

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

JLC

Post by JLC »

Well his wife had the baby so she did most of the work.....lol

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
scud

Post by scud »

How fickle supporters can be. Pre season he's a super star now he's a dud. Give him time he'll come good.
black&whitebeliever

Post by black&whitebeliever »

Can't say I agree with this bullshit criticism of Shane.. give him a go .. a few weeks ago he was playing excellent football combining well with Bucks , getting heaps of possessions. He needs time to get his confidence back and looking at the team on Saturday against Sydney they all need to regain lost confidence.. I still reckon Shane was an excellent pick up and I know lots of Melbourne supporters who are still spewing that they lost him .. give him time and a bit of encouragement ...for all the boy s this wouldn't go astray..these are the times they need supporters behind them not bitching about their lack of performance.
JLC

Post by JLC »

If you recall when Buckley first came to Collingwood he had to EARN respect. Not all the players at the club respected him. Through playing good football Buckley im sure won over their respect.

Shane Woewodin has to earn the respect of the supporters by putting in some quality performance on the field. I guess criticism sometimes comes with a hefty price tag.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Lockyer24

Post by Lockyer24 »

My problem with Shane is that he has been too hot and cold, having a reasonable game one week and been shocking the next. Inconsistency like this might be accepted at Melbourne but we expect much better. At the moment hes only a bit player with the odd cameo - cmon mate lets see you take a game by the balls! We know youre capable!
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

His foot skills are terrible at times and against the Swans twice i saw him waiting behind the pack for a handball to come out and both times it came to him but he dropped it straight away which suggests he doesn't have quick enough reflex skills.
afisher

woey

Post by afisher »

Ant

Post by Ant »

Yeah he was absolutley great tonight, and i was really impressed with shaw and coles tackling too, something we needed a lot more of last week. Brodie also played a blinder... Leons gonna have a tough time coming back in the team if Brodie keeps it up. And yeah Tarrant was OK* i guess...

*= ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING WHAT A BLOODY CHAMPION WHAT COMPOSURE AND GRACE-YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
NICK THE PIE MAN

Post by NICK THE PIE MAN »

Thanks alot Demons! :lol:

Shane Woewodin, Welcome to Collingwood you champion. He was nothing short of sensational. 32 possesions off the wing, had about 4 opponents. Killed them all.

That, ladies and gentleman, is why he is a Brownlow winner.

Go Woe WOW den!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Great performance by woewodin. mind you it would have been even greater had any of his direct opponents actually stood near him and not gone chasing kicks themselves. its nice that when he got the jimmy hird treatment he made the most of it though. great tackling job as well. yin and yang.

next week:

Crows:
In: someone
Out: Mattner
couragous cloke

Post by couragous cloke »

weowy was a gun, not only did he get 32 possies but he also kicked 2 goals. him and buckley were CHAMPIONS!

this could be just what our season needed. and it was awesome to shuve it up the 40 thousand crows fans :)
got yourself a gun...
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

[quote="NICK THE PIE MAN"]Thanks alot Demons! :lol:

Shane Woewodin, Welcome to Collingwood you champion. He was nothing short of sensational. 32 possesions off the wing, had about 4 opponents. Killed them all.

That, ladies and gentleman, is why he is a Brownlow winner.

Go Woe WOW den![/quote]
Yes, he was great tonight. But NO ONE WAS ON HIM. The jury is still out.
NICK THE PIE MAN

Post by NICK THE PIE MAN »

No one was on him?!

Mattner was. And Woey thrashed him.

In fact, I counted 4 opponents that Woey had at different times. Channel 10 kept showing his opponent change. He destroyed them all.
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

Mattner was supposed to be on, but wasn't playing anywhere near Woey.

Anyway, Woey was great tonight. No doubt about it. But lets not get too carried away... he may not play another good game all year. However, if he can play another couple of games like tonights, then I will become a Woey fan!
lsdswooper

A week is an eternity in footy

Post by lsdswooper »

Shane Woewodin, for many "supporters" last week an infested boiled lolly, what say you now?

I know woey will probably have some "shockers" in the future and these games will be balanced by efforts such his astonishing game tonight.

But personally i don't viciously sh## can players if they put in a bad one. Leave that sort of gutless tripe to Bitchmond fans. And there is a huge difference between general points of criticism eg Dids needs to improve his kicking on the right foot, may have cost up few times tonight, but senseless, vicious crap....ah do us all a favour and find a busy freeway!

Putting your name to writing off players is always dangerous.

I think soap is good for washing off egg, just becareful it doesn't sting your eyes! :?
Last edited by lsdswooper on Sun May 11, 2003 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.