Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

woe_is_me

Post by woe_is_me »

Now you know what I am good for.......
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

At the risk of getting canned, I'm gonna say this. Early in the game, I can't remember who the cows player was, Woey was running onto the ball as it was entering the centre square. To his right a cows player came in and Woey quite obviously pulled away. (If anyone watches the replay, look out for this it is a one-on-one contest, he is running towards the right of screen, he sees the player and pulls back). At that time I thought Woey you must put your body in and show some toughness, I believe the shirking cost us a goal (don't remember this exactly) and quite possibly was a 2 goal turn-around.

Anyway very soon after this, he goes on to play the game we all expect of a player wearing the black and white. Hard at it and never say die. I just wonder if he realised it himself and went on to play a stellar game. Well done Woey, keep it up and do the jumper proud.
Last edited by AnthonyC on Mon May 12, 2003 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Pies!
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

To me, why Shane played well on Saturday is because he was willing to put his body on the line when the need arose.

That's something I haven't been impressed by since Shane's arrival at our club.... and I think if u r going to earn respect in a new environment, it's something that should be high up on your list of priorities.

Against the Crows tho, he did what was expected and that's a start.
woey-222

Post by woey-222 »

Shane showed for us on Saturday what Melbourne had been looking for over the past two years. He showed passion and courage and that is a credit to him. While he played at Melbourne, I enjoyed watching him play for his courage and passion, and now i get to see him do it in a magpie jumper, GO WOEY!!!
2-WOEWODIN-2 2-WOEWODIN-2
2-WOEWODIN-2 2-WOEWODIN-2
chalky

Post by chalky »

I certainly had my concerns re his ability to fit in/find a role. I suppose I had fairly high expectations, him being a medalist and all. But he's human
Watched all replays possible (loved every minute). He plays a very efficient brand of footy. Hard to describe - he reads the play well, picks his contests early, wether to go in or stay out and moves into position. Every decision seemed to be calculated - odds of getting there, winning the contest, energy expenditure needed, next possession. Once involved in the play it was total instinct. Remarkable player. Will be very valuable, maybe not world beater, just part of the team, that's fine by me now.
JLC

Post by JLC »

Great game by Woewodin. However maybe the Crows didn't pay Woewodin enough respect ??

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Ant

Post by Ant »

He went through 4 different opponents and spanked all of them...
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Ant.... I wouldn't be so generous.... as good as Woewodin was, he definitely lowered his colours to his direct opponent in the first qtr - Mark Riccuito.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Mark Riccuito beats everyone almost, he really played a good one against the Magpies, with Woewodin, I think he needs to be told to roam the ground, sit him in the middle and have him roam the ground. Then we may see a change for the better.
JLC

Post by JLC »

Well Graham Cornes thought that they gave Woewodin too much room and didnt man up enough on him. Although the coverage in SA is VERY biased.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
stoid

Post by stoid »

To all those who wanted him dropped after the Swans game and put into the Willy team. Do you think we would have won last week against the Crows without him there????
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

You know its funny how everyone has overlooked the fact that woey and his missus just had a baby delivered via a caesarian, which is a fairly big operation and takes a ladys body some time to recover from and it takes some time for a new baby to settle in, if you have a look at his form in the pre-season comp and now his form on saturday, in the middle was the birth. Some people need to realise that there is more to life than just playing football for a footballer and as men, they worry about thier loved ones and it can be hard to consentrate on much else when these things happen. have a look at leon, he is going through a simmilar situation and I think some people need to cut the boys some slack, and have a good hard look b4 they go labbaling people as "hacks" and "duds" .
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
colt

Post by colt »

Well said MM, couldn't agree more.

IMO he does his job quite well in most games.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

A close friend pointed out to me what Woey does around the ground and it took me a few games watching him to realise they were right.

I hope people don't start bagging him this week if he does not play the same type of standout game this week against the Weagles.

Beauty is Melbourne subsides his wage.

Go Woey!!!!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

His biggest test will be to perform against an opponent. Last week Roo killed him in the first quarter, he failed to man up and then the Crows let him loose.