decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

I watched a couple of episodes and thought it was essentially a one joke show. Also after working with "Houso" types of clients while its pretty true to life, after a while the dysfunction stops being funny and just ends up pathetic.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

My cousin used to work with the Maori guy in Housos. he's apparently getting paid as an actor to be himself. 8)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Housos/Swift & Shift loses one of it's own.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6296251334
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

Joel wrote:Been watching Game of Thrones - I like it a lot. My wife and I have nearly watched the entire first series in the last two days (after work). Haha.
A cold wind is rising - winter is coming. 01/04/12.
Didaicos

Post by Didaicos »

mandy wrote:Bought and watched season 1 of The Walking Dead last week. Big thumbs up. Very much like 30 days/weeks later and just as good. Can't wait to start season 2.
yes I watched this in 2010 season 2 is currently screening in the US. The first series was brilliant, the second series has been a little slower but still good,. I can't believe it hasn't found a place on free to air, I think Australian audiences can be a little conservative at times we only seem to see cop or hospital shows.
WELLLINGHAM ROVES IT....AND KICKS THE GOAL!!!!

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

think positive wrote:nothing on telly.

watching Sons of Anachy again with daughter, just finished season 2!!
I've just started watching Season 2 myself, seems apart from sport and Simpsons all I've watched over the past couple of weeks has been Sons of Anarchy.

I've been enjoying it, by the end of tomorrow I should have Season 2 completed, once I am finished with SOA, I may have to get onto Boardwalk Empire.
mandy

Post by mandy »

Didaicos wrote:
mandy wrote:Bought and watched season 1 of The Walking Dead last week. Big thumbs up. Very much like 30 days/weeks later and just as good. Can't wait to start season 2.
yes I watched this in 2010 season 2 is currently screening in the US. The first series was brilliant, the second series has been a little slower but still good,. I can't believe it hasn't found a place on free to air, I think Australian audiences can be a little conservative at times we only seem to see cop or hospital shows.
I'm up to episode 10 of season 2 and have to admit it's becoming a bit of a chore. If it doesn't give me something in these last 3 episodes I'm not sure I'll bother with season 3.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE

Post by 3.14159 »

Stephans Fry's Origin of language was captivating.
pt2 next Sundae.
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

hmmm...ice cream....
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends. Excellent. :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Louie Theroux in general! I can't figure him out, is he a troll or just incredibly naive?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Troll, mainly, but he's nice about it. Kind of like John Safran, I guess.

I just watched the "swingers party" episode. :o
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:nothing on telly.

watching Sons of Anachy again with daughter, just finished season 2!!
I've just started watching Season 2 myself, seems apart from sport and Simpsons all I've watched over the past couple of weeks has been Sons of Anarchy.

I've been enjoying it, by the end of tomorrow I should have Season 2 completed, once I am finished with SOA, I may have to get onto Boardwalk Empire.
You still got two seasons to go.

Last episode of three is the best, I've watched about five times!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!

Post by 3.14159 »

Black_White wrote:hmmm...ice cream....
:lol:

went to the misses worx dinner last night @ swanky Benigo Thai restraunt'.
For dessert had the Pear fritters and ice-cream.
f n delicious.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends. Excellent. :)
I'm a bit disappointed with this series. The previous series where he was in prisons, interviewing white supremacists, going to brothels etc were captivating shows. These one's don't seem to be as challenging.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman