help me with some questions??

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

Nicole

help me with some questions??

Post by Nicole »

Hey guys
I am new to this forum and I just want some info on some stuff on collingwood. I just moved to melbourne from the ipswich in qld and it’s very fascinating how AFL is like a religion here! And my step dad is a footy fan so he got me into football but I’m not really clear on some footy talk that goes on in these forums. I cant ask my dad because I am not talking to him because he is an adelide crows fan.
Now, I have read a couple of other posts and gathered that all of you are die-hard football fans, so I hope you can help me

1)what does a groupie mean? And how do one exactly classify as a ‘groupie’?

2)do the numbers on players guernsey mean anything? Is it like a
position thing or what?

3)Last week is my first AFL game that I ever watch, but I didn’t see any Jason Cloke. And I noticed how popular he is on forums. So why wasn’t he playing? Who is he?

I know this questions are really stupid. But I’m gonna be a long time magpies fan so I might as well know the club properly.lol. Thank you. :)
cloke4me

lol

Post by cloke4me »

well i guess your new, so we can excuse u posting this topic like a million times, lol :lol:
welcome :P
- clokes on fire -
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Lol Nicole.

Welcome to Nicks, im sure you will love it here.

A groupie, like a rock groupie, is a chick who is full on obsessed with footy players, stalks them, follows them, hangs around and goes to places to deliberatly see players, someone who doesnt let them have their own space and thinks they are god, even thinks they are gonna hook up with her.

The players numbers dont have anything to do with positions. Someotimes the better players have numbers but thats not a rule. Rookies havbe the highest numbers in the 40s. Numbers dont really mean anything.

Clokey wasnt playing cos he played with Williamstown in the reserves for a week to get a little bit of form back becos he has been down of late.

Hope i helped u out mate.
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
CQ

Post by CQ »

some numbers mean things to the players but they are usually personal and not really general knowledge
Fradam

Post by Fradam »

Nicole good idea to ask us here rather than your step dad to learn about football coz as we know Adelaide supporters know nothing about football.
Do I look like the tech?
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

WeLcOmE NiCoLe!!!
you made a smart choise to go for Collingwood! I was lucky enough to hav my whole family teach me stuff at a young age, one thing but... you can never change to another team wen the pies are playin bad... and don't worry, you wil pick everything up soon enough :)
There is just one team we favour...
go_pies_03

Post by go_pies_03 »

yeah for some teams different numbers have different meanings. At collingwood captains used to wear the number 1. Usally players whhen they first arrive at a club are given a higher number, but at a later stage they can chane to a lower number, or a numer of a great player.
Chris Tarrant was asked to take number 6 but he said hed rather just stay with the number he was given at the start, number 20.
Premiership Pies 03