Football media (press / radio / commentators et al)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

rocketronnie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote: I raise you Dwayne Russell.
We have WINNER

click here to find out what you have won
Not so fast! I trump both of you with ANTHONY HUDSON. Nasty little Geelong person he is. More hysterical than Russell, more objectionable than Campbell, hates Collingwood 110% and rejoices like no other when he calls a losing Collingwood game....
Good evening gentlemen,

The lad would like to give the following votes for worst on the microphone:

1 Vote- The MMM commentary team that does Sydney home games.

2 Votes- Every radio commentary team from Perth

3 Votes- Stephen Kernahan after Carlton won a (cheated/stolen no doubt) flag, singing 'Stand by your man"....

That is all
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Adz

Post by Adz »

Can't believe he brought up 66.
I was like wtf
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

And Ugle wants to be the first person in his family to own a house (this half way through the last quarter).

Also, nothing to do with this thread, but James Clement will be doing special comments on ABC radio for tonight's game.
Well done boys!
Didaksgoal

Re: no

Post by Didaksgoal »

Hiss wrote:Bruthhhh is a shocker. So is the Demis Confetti. I used to love Mike Williamson or Peter Landy and Lou Richards on Sevens Big League
Ah yes, sevens big league was a must watch back in my younger years, bloody loved it. Dennis gives me the sh!ts now, has for the last 5 years or so. As for Bruthhhhie, his bias during the ANZAC game was obvious, arsew!pe.

Go the Pies
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Anyone worse than Bruce??? I doubt it.

Most of the commentators are shockers these days anyway, even BT has lost the plot commentating on T.V. He was good on the radio.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Jezza wrote:Anyone worse than Bruce??? I doubt it.

Most of the commentators are shockers these days anyway, even BT has lost the plot commentating on T.V. He was good on the radio.
There's a big difference between radio commentary and TV commentary. Mainly being that the TV audience can actually see the game so the commentators need to STFU more, whereas the radio ones need to describe what's happening.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Bruce does go off the reservation sometimes. That instance where he recited the scoreline in the 1966 GF on Wednesday, at a critical moment in the game, for example. I was practically screaming at him to STFU and just call the game going on in front of him. So yeah, he can be very annoying at times.

On the other hand, Bruce was the man who uttered one of my most favourite phrases in the history of football commentary.

"So Collingwood win, by their GREATEST EVER margin, in a grand final. IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THAT!" (siren). :D
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Certainly beats Campbell's, "And he hits it and he hits it well ... but it's saved by the goalkeeper!"

"hits it" ? It's a silly enough call in Soccer. Pul-ease, not in our game.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Rowdy31

Post by Rowdy31 »

Two priceless Bruce gems from tonight's game so far
"it's not pretty, but it's pretty when the Blues get it and go forward"
and at the half time break "we just got a good look at Judd's back"
What a goose!
Keeping a lid on it
rambopriscilla

Post by rambopriscilla »

Gerard Whateley. The over-pronuniation of the last letter of every word ... grrrr
- "Number 42? I see you've got Darren Millane in the Heaven footy side"

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

I don't have any issues with the TV announcers.

The one commentator I avoid like the plague is Kevin Bartlett.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Hate Bruce

Glad Lane and Walls are gone
As for Huddo total arsewipe
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Short answer to your question: No!

He is now a major liability. Last night he came out with some inane statistical irrelevance in the midst of a Freo fightback that failed.

Should have stayed a jockey! :P
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

cityslick1 wrote:Bruce in the last quarter: "Gee 10.14 to Collingwood, thats a famous score for St Kilda & their last premiership..." who gives a sh*t Bruce, call the f**king game youre watching... its tight and its the biggest H&A game of the year.

Not to mention the endless amount of meaningless stats and info about players liking dogs, Lethal always having soft feet and players being delicious.

His campness and obsession with meaningless info has made him almost unbearable to listen to...
Couldn't have said it better myself.

That comparison with the 1966 grand final is an insult to ALL Collingwood supporters.

Why has Seven's coverage gone downhill so fast? The pictures are an absolute abomination now.

Is is an AFL plot to get us all paid up subscribers to FOXTEL? :idea:
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Is it just me or does anyone else find that Matthew Richardson is the new Captain Obvious? :roll:

And don't get me started on Luke Darcy. :twisted: