Football media (press / radio / commentators et al)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I reckon Bruce is great!

His in depth analysis of who is the best KPF in the comp: "Buddy is Buuuddy and Cloke is, well Travis", you don't get that kind of insight from your run of the mill commentator.
Well done boys!
boofa

Post by boofa »

Can Bruce barrack any harder for the dogs ???

What a biased pain in the arse.
"i told you not to touch it"
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

FCKING 20-8 FREES TO THE DOGS, AND STILL MCAVENEY AND COMETTI WHINGE ABOUT A FREE PAID TO THE PIES. &%%& ME. !!!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

He would not shut up the entire match.
Why have other commentators?
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Pocket of Fowards

Post by Pocket of Fowards »

no
The public is pondering if forward pockets have a inappropriate and misused name. People often refer to forward pockets as the front pockets on pants, shorts dresses or mankinis.
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Donny wrote:Yes. Matthew Campbell - by a country mile.
I raise you Dwayne Russell.
You didn't live in Tasmania in the 80s and so were spared Neville Oliver or, as he was known down there. "Fart in a Bath".

In case you're wondering, just say his name quickly putting the same emphasis on each syllable - you'll get it.

And has anyone mentioned George Grljuczyk, who used to haunt Perth?
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

Piesnchess wrote:FCKING 20-8 FREES TO THE DOGS, AND STILL MCAVENEY AND COMETTI WHINGE ABOUT A FREE PAID TO THE PIES. &%%& ME. !!!
Couldn't agree more. I'd like to sit in on the match review that Lewis Martin at Channel 7 told Rohan Connolly they have have each week. In fact I'd like to be the projectionist, and I'd like to be the bloke who clamps their eyes (see Alex on A Clockwork Orange) so they cannot miss some of the egregious "decisions" imposed on the game tonight.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
melliot

Post by melliot »

What about the 25% of the screen dedicated to Gillbiee in the stands while play was on. FFS.

I got dizzy at times with the ground level shots. I didn't know where we were.

Ch7 is comprehensively shit.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I was at the ground fortunately, but it sounds like Bruce was anti-Collingwood again.

Don't tell me, he was having an 'orgasm' when the Bulldogs were winning and when Collingwood were controlling the last quarter his tone and excitement changed to drabness and disappointment.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
johncitizen

Post by johncitizen »

Commentators and umps were woeful last night. Glad Pies stuck it right up them again !
DT56

Post by DT56 »

Bruce (after wellers looked to be held) "wellingham looking for a free kick"

Now if Wellers wasn't a Pie it would have been "free kick on Wellingham missed"
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

melliot wrote:What about the 25% of the screen dedicated to Gillbiee in the stands while play was on. FFS.

I got dizzy at times with the ground level shots. I didn't know where we were.

Ch7 is comprehensively shit.
I was told about that. Got a text from a mate while at the ground. It read: "Find out where ****wit Gilbeys sitting. Nobble the pr1ck. That ****head Bruce interviewing him constantly during play. Seven coverage worst ever!"

Sounds like my mate was 100% correct.

It's hard to believe this is the network that used to produce brilliant footy coverage. Bring back Sandy Roberts.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Jezza wrote:Don't tell me, he was having an 'orgasm' when the Bulldogs were winning
Given that his behaviour is habitual, Bruce is always orgasming during commentary. I just pray Seven doesn't decide to go with a commentary box cam. :oops: :P :wink:
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Got to roll your eyes at Dwayne Russell, who came up with this little pearler:

"36,000 fans here at Etihad today, who have come along in order to get out of the rain."

Yeah, because it's not like their team was playing, or anything. They just usually watch the footy out in the street! :roll:

On the flip side, who are our BEST commentators? As much as I love the VFL, Peter Donegan is wasted at that level. Well read and across the detail of the game, never forgets a player's name, and has a sense of humour that makes ABC football coverage the best, an ironic twinkle in the eye, ratrher than the fart and d!ck jokes that other commentators make. And he is one of us! :D

Gerard Whately is in the same category as Donners, just as long as he's not talking about his beloved Cats or Black Caviar.

Sandy Roberts. Love him. Have done since the 1990 grand final. Guess it must be a 90's thing. I'm a child of the 90's.

Drew Morphett. He's not that bad, but works better as a secondary commentator, not as #1 commentator/compere. And works better on radio. Has no TV presence whatsoever.

Matt Granland. Don't listen to SEN that much, but what I have heard, he doesn't sound all that bad.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Greening gold wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:FCKING 20-8 FREES TO THE DOGS, AND STILL MCAVENEY AND COMETTI WHINGE ABOUT A FREE PAID TO THE PIES. &%%& ME. !!!
Couldn't agree more. I'd like to sit in on the match review that Lewis Martin at Channel 7 told Rohan Connolly they have have each week. In fact I'd like to be the projectionist, and I'd like to be the bloke who clamps their eyes (see Alex on A Clockwork Orange) so they cannot miss some of the egregious "decisions" imposed on the game tonight.
Very little made of the free kick discrepancy, even when it was 0-9 in the first. I thought that was strange. Wonder if it would have been the same if the calls were going against the Dogs.
Well done boys!