Travis Cloke

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Joel wrote:Settle down guys, he is just saying the standard crap that his
"management" has told him to say.

I'm more disappointed that the interview occurred at all. We learnt zero, and just come across as pressure from the Cloke camp. The second fail interview in 2 years on the footy show when it comes to us.
What we learnt was it doesn't bother him that what he is asking could potentially affect us keeping players at the club.

That he was hell bent on 5 yrs and 4 would need substantial changes and that he has had an offer of approx $1m.

Fairly informative if you ask me.

Stui: he was asked a simple yes or no question. He answered it with 'I'd like to'.

He might stay, but I'm not so confident.
Last edited by Brenny on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Deflection, I don't like the sound of it.

He is within his rights to ask for as much as he can, the delay does not bode well though.
Go Pies!
pablo

Re: Yes

Post by pablo »

Hiss wrote:
pablo wrote:I am really disappointed in Cloke.

Completely selfish. Pretty disgusting...

Honestly think there is scope to save the $800k and get a couple of free agents for $400k each who want to win a premiership.
You are a disgrace and a troll. Go back to Carlton.

Hiss, you tool!!! Am I a troll because you have made a fool of yourself....again? Trying to deflect are we? You sad little man.
Give me a break.

Oh, and I am a Club 5 member. Quite an investment for a Carlton troll!
Go Pies!!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Brenny wrote:

I'm more disappointed that the interview occurred at all. We learnt zero, and just come across as pressure from the Cloke camp. The second fail interview in 2 years on the footy show when it comes to us.
What we learnt was it doesn't bother him that what he is asking could potentially affect us keeping players at the club.

That he was hell bent on 5 yrs and 4 would need substantial changes and that he has had an offer of approx $1m.

Stui: he was asked a simple yes or no question. He answered it with 'I'd like to'.

We knew all of that already.
piepower

Post by piepower »

I'd like to stay, not i want to stay. just f--k off so we can sign the players who want to be part of our great club. sick oh this shit , you greedy bastard.
Premiers 2010
pablo

Post by pablo »

piepower wrote:I'd like to stay, not i want to stay. just f--k off so we can sign the players who want to be part of our great club. sick oh this shit , you greedy bastard.
I'm with you.

Travis Cloke: "Bugger off D Beams, I am more important than you"
Go Pies!!
mattys123

Post by mattys123 »

If you missed the interview tonight, don't even bother watching it, you will learn nothing new from it, just the standard lines of "I want to stay at the club" and "There's still a few things to be worked out".

He is as likely to stay as he has ever been, which for me is about 80%.
Adz

Post by Adz »

Time for a Hiss to be banned for a months. Mods I want action!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Black_White wrote:Holding firm on 5 years.
Holding the club to ransom.
Not a good look.
Why is it one way and not the other?

A 5 year deal would reduce the strain on our salary cap, with the dollars being spread over a longer period.

Why does the club not want to show loyalty with a 5 year deal?

Is the club holding Cloke to ransom, knowing he doesn't want to leave?

There's many ways this can be read. It's a negotiation, with both sides looking for a particular outcome. It's impossible to say who is most responsible for it dragging out. The most likely scenario, as I see it, is that both parties want the deal done and that (on the club side in particular) the main reason it's taking so long is that for the final clauses to be put in place, certainty is needed about the full picture (other signings for instance).
Well done boys!
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Joel wrote:
Brenny wrote:

We knew all of that already.
We did, but hearing it out of the horses mouth, confirms it a bit more than hearing it from Caro or a manager.
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:Certain people that work at the club are then scrutinized as to wether it happened or not.
You are talking out of your backside???

I don't know who you are keyboard warrior but if you seriously called the club to find out whether a complete stranger got money back on his legends membership because you read about it on the internet and decided you didn't like it - you need help.

Give these people a call

http://www.lifeline.org.au/

And tell them how mean Nick - Pie Man is :lol:
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Perhaps it is a good thing that you don't believe I got any money back. I wouldn't want to raise a stink at the club over three hundred bucks.
Beast

Post by Beast »

This appearance on TFS will only increase the speculation and have the negative impact on our club.
Fancy implying he hasn't thought that other players might get squeezed out due to his demands?
Appalling behaviour.
Just between me and you, that whole family is very very strange to say the least.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Black_White wrote:Holding firm on 5 years.
Holding the club to ransom.
Not a good look.
Why is it one way and not the other?

A 5 year deal would reduce the strain on our salary cap, with the dollars being spread over a longer period.

Why does the club not want to show loyalty with a 5 year deal?

Is the club holding Cloke to ransom, knowing he doesn't want to leave?

There's many ways this can be read. It's a negotiation, with both sides looking for a particular outcome. It's impossible to say who is most responsible for it dragging out. The most likely scenario, as I see it, is that both parties want the deal done and that (on the club side in particular) the main reason it's taking so long is that for the final clauses to be put in place, certainty is needed about the full picture (other signings for instance).
Don't dare use reason around this place, its Public Enemy no1 v the Great Collingwood Football Club, no way anyone could blame the club...
Adz

Post by Adz »

Beast wrote:This appearance on TFS will only increase the speculation and have the negative impact on our club.
Fancy implying he hasn't thought that other players might get squeezed out due to his demands?
Appalling behaviour.
Just between me and you, that whole family is very very strange to say the least.
I think Trav is the most sane bunch of the lot!