Collingwood Website submission

Pretend Poms and Real Ones chew the fat and slurp warm beer here!

Moderator: LondonPIE

annewilo

Collingwood Website submission

Post by annewilo »

Dear All

Here is what I wrote back to Madds

Collingwood London Supporters Club
Last year, around the grand final time, I was trying desperately to find a place to watch the grand final in London. I soon realised that whilst clubs like Hawks, Cats, the Lions etc had a precence here thru the local Aussie Rules competition the BARFL in the UK, the club I had loved for years had no such group. I then decided to find out if there were any Pie supporters in London.

Within three months we have identified 25 people here and now have a terrific social group. We have a fantastic committee and the interesting thing is we have some great interest from the Brits. Some of our events are BBQ's, watching the local competition and planned dates for this year are an end of season trip to France in a ferry (and as much cheese and wine that you can handle!) and the possible inclusion to the BARFL next year with a jumper swap of perhaps an existing club or creating our own. Our definite aim is to see the black and white running around in 2004.

So if you find yourself in London and want to catch up with some very friendly and welcoming Magpie supporters, please feel free to contact us. We meet every month or so at the Roebuck Pub near the Oval cricket ground in South London and also go as a group to see the local competition. For further details please write to the following email address or if you want to view our forum you can find us at

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/index.php .

Coming soon our new website.
Anne Williams
Event Manager and Club Liaison
annewilo@hotmail.com
The Knights of Abbotsford