Vale #27,#3 John McCarthy (1989-2012)

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

Terribly sad news, condolences to his friends and family.
Asprilla97

Post by Asprilla97 »

Guys - just heard the news now - brings a tear to the eye. As a father I can only imagine how his parents and close family feel.

I've read about tributes earlier in the thread viz. the cheer squad banner. Looking for some feedback and opinion here.....

As I'm one of the collingwood football club mascots do you think it would be appropriate to have the number 3 put on the jersey for Saturday night?
1892 - a vintage year!!
paulie

Post by paulie »

Very sad news i remeber going to a practice game last year at goschs paddock when he seemed to be struggling with his shoulder and thinking his careear might be over.But he had done so well to be picked up by Port and was continuing the journey absoultly gutted,
May he R.I. P
virgomag

Post by virgomag »

This horrible and tragic news is all over Sorrento with people crying in the streets. Sincere condolences to all of his family and friends xo
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Oh geez that's terrible. And here I was whingeing about some trivial thing.

RIP JMac. Condolences to his friends and family.

I recall a number times this year admiring the way he approached his new opportunity at Port. He had real spirit, I reckon, coming back from injury numerous times and then getting himself right to contribute at a new club.

Boy life can be fragile.

:(
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
boss351

Post by boss351 »

on behalf of the Port Adelaide FC supporters to all here big thanks for all the kind words and condolences, yes he was a current Port player but served the Collingwood FC for many years, he would have many friends and fans at both clubs who would be truly devastated at the news , a young life cut far to short :(

do John proud on the weekend
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

boss351 wrote:on behalf of the Port Adelaide FC supporters to all here big thanks for all the kind words and condolences, yes he was a current Port player but served the Collingwood FC for many years, he would have many friends and fans at both clubs who would be truly devastated at the news , a young life cut far to short :(

do John proud on the weekend
thanks boss351 for your kind thoughts to us as well. I think we're all reeling from the shock. So tragic and so young.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Oh God,this is shocking,shocking news.I don't know how these terrible things happen.I can't imagine what his family must be going through right now,my heart goes out to them.
Geelongpie

Post by Geelongpie »

Can someone more clever than myself please post some stats- games etc on johns career at the collingwood FC.
Collingwood = Everything Carlton dream to be.
TimetoFly

Post by TimetoFly »

Rip jmac

Life is just too dam short!

So sad
Collingwood a way of life!
ClokingDevice

Post by ClokingDevice »

Aww fcken hell, why did he leave ffs, he's just a kid
We will feast on their bones
loki04

Post by loki04 »

Condolences to all friends, team mates and especially family in this very sad time.

RIP JMac, taken way too soon.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Geelongpie wrote:Can someone ... please post some stats- games etc on johns career at the collingwood FC.
Collingwood 18 games (12 wins, 6 losses) between 2008 and 2011; 122 kicks, 58 marks, 94 handballs, 10 goals, 8 behinds and 38 tackles.

He played a further 21 games for Port this year.

Farewell, John. RIP.
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

Geelongpie wrote:Can someone more clever than myself please post some stats- games etc on johns career at the collingwood FC.
John McCarthy

Collingwood 2008-2011
18 Games, 10 Goals

Port Adelaide 2012
21 Games, 5 Goals

I am still in shock. What a cruel tragedy for someone so young, with so much in front of him. My sincere condolences to his family and friends, and teammates at both PAFC and CFC.
"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Geelongpie wrote:Can someone more clever than myself please post some stats- games etc on johns career at the collingwood FC.
GP, I usually find this site is the go-to place for that kind of stuff:

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/play ... rthy1.html
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange