#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nice work DTM. What's scary is that watching those highlights, the way he marks with one grab with arms fully extended then wheels around onto his preferred boot reminds me of Travis Cloke.

Take him father son and if he is as good as he looks by the time Trav is 30, Darcy will be ready to start stepping up. Perfect succession plan.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

He might not make it; neither might Witts. Dawes might not improve either. Either get a razor or get busy living.

This is absolute BS. The kid is 16 YEARS OLD!
ClokingDevice

Post by ClokingDevice »

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:He might not make it; neither might Witts. Dawes might not improve either. Either get a razor or get busy living.

He's a spectacular prospect
We will feast on their bones
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:He might not make it; neither might Witts. Dawes might not improve either. Either get a razor or get busy living.

That is the same as any Prospect
I am Da Man
Trezegol

Post by Trezegol »

Geez, I know it's only under 16s, but he looks might impressive.

The best thing about those highlights is that we don't have to worry about him being nicknamed 'trampoline'.
"There have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious." (Alan Minter)
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Is there any way he can play for us this weekend in place of Dawes? Just asking. :?
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Darcy Moore will be exciting. He keeps telling his Dad he will be better than him. :D
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

loki04 wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:He's off to Carlton. :roll: :roll: :roll:

This forum desperately needs a like button
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

And players are drafted at 18. There is a greater margin of error involved in assessing someone at 16, but recruiters would have a fair idea of their ability.

The earliest we need to make a decision is just before the 2014 season anyway. At that stage he'll be 17-18. If he's good enough, we'll commit to taking him, even if it costs a first round pick. And like Viney with the Dees we'll probably play him in the VFL (this might be less likely with bigger players though).
Well done boys!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

love how he takes a mark and swings around to play on quickly.
Would think he is in the best of hands if he is going to continue to develop.
Happy to see him in the black and white
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Trezegol

Post by Trezegol »

That time of the month?
"There have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious." (Alan Minter)
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I love the look of this good kid. There are certainly big wraps for him and I hope he doesn't disappoint when he is eventually drafted by the club.

I can't wait to the 2014 draft :D
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Jezza wrote:I love the look of this good kid. There are certainly big wraps for him and I hope he doesn't disappoint when he is eventually drafted by the club.

Might see him in the VFL for the 2014 Season before the Draft
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:I love the look of this good kid. There are certainly big wraps for him and I hope he doesn't disappoint when he is eventually drafted by the club.

Might see him in the VFL for the 2014 Season before the Draft
I'd hope so Dave. It would be great to watch him first hand and the club can keep a much closer eye on him as well. It would benefit both Darcy's development and the club.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
E

Post by E »

when Eddie was fairly new at Collingwood, we recruited a guy by the name of Jason Cloke under the father and son rule. My dad came home from a pies meeting with MM and Eddie and said that the reason we took him was because Richmond were balking and by taking the oldest boy (and there was a second modestly talented Cloke as well we would take) we would get in good terms with his father and therefore have the front ruinning to get the third son, a boy by the name of Travis, who was then 13 years old, and who by all reports was going to be an absolute star.

Not sure what happened to that boy Travis, but it shows you that its worth thinking about a kid at age 16, if he looks the goods.......