rugby on saturday night

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

geordie_matt

rugby on saturday night

Post by geordie_matt »

did anyone from here go to the rugby on saturday night if so i hope everyone learnt a bit about singing or chanting and that you do not need chant leaders or anything like that but it has to be done by people that want to sing or chant
Joe

Re: rugby on saturday night

Post by Joe »

[quote="geordie_matt"]did anyone from here go to the rugby on saturday night if so i hope everyone learnt a bit about singing or chanting and that you do not need chant leaders or anything like that but it has to be done by people that want to sing or chant[/quote]

Please explain as alot of us didnot go or witness what occured on tv.
zoia

Post by zoia »

yer explain
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

i am not trying to piss anyone off i just think that in oz we have a lot to learn about singing or chanting and that we should look at the way other sets of supporters do things (soccer,rugby,the barmy army) and that it is all done at the spur of the moment and there are no chant leaders or anything like that
Joe

Post by Joe »

[quote="geordie_matt"]i am not trying to piss anyone off i just think that in oz we have a lot to learn about singing or chanting and that we should look at the way other sets of supporters do things (soccer,rugby,the barmy army) and that it is all done at the spur of the moment and there are no chant leaders or anything like that[/quote]

I am not an authority on this,I am not even in the cs yet.

I can see the need for an organised cheersquad.As they do much good for the club.No doubt that we can all be more passionate at the footy.

As far as chant leaders go I can see your point.The problem is this may work in soccer as there are few goals scored and the tension is usually higher, thus people want to chant and sing more.Also in cricket the same applies as it is very stop start.

I think that the chant leaders insure what is being chanted is appropriate and that chants are started at times when people dont feel like chanting.

Even in these areas you have mentioned above there would be people taking the lead in the chanting.Though in a less organised manner.

I am not convinced of your point.If it wasnt for the official and uocs there may be hardly any chanting.I have sat in the outer many times away from the cs and there was no chants at all.This emphasises your point of needing to improve.

It also shows the reverse of your argument that we do actually need chantleaders.

Its just an opinion anyways.I have loved sitting in the cs with organised chantleaders,far more exciting than just sitting in the outer.
M@®©

Post by M@®© »

zoia

Post by zoia »

i follow the sydney roosters they rock
Joe

Post by Joe »

The manutd has some interesting chants I must say.
Thanks for the link to it geordie_matt.
Joe

Post by Joe »

The manutd has some interesting chants I must say.
Thanks for the link to it geordie_matt.
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

it is not just that site where you can listen to songs that the supporters sing there are also heaps of other sites and some of them we could change words to and use for collingwood