The logo is wrong

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

MadOnPies

The logo is wrong

Post by MadOnPies »

G'day just a heads up, the Collingwood logo should have the Australian flag on the left. It is law for any logo using the Australian flag to have it on the left.
From 1991 to 2003 we had it on the right hand side but we had to change it to comply with federal law.
Just look at it in the left hand top corner then look to the right hand top corner. Research it, whatever. It's wrong, trust me.

It's so unfortunate that I have seen many recent Collingwood tattoos with the flags wrong. It's been changed for almost a decade.

I don't mean to nit pick but I can't believe you haven't been told before and if you have I can't believe that you haven't changed it yet.
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Is that why you joined? First and only post.

Welcome.
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

I think it may be a copyright issue
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It's not actually a legal issue. It's just protocol (but, hilariously, probably only caught by the protocol rules if you treat the Collingwood Flag as a flag of another nation!).

There's a Commonwealth Flags Officer who watches out for these horrors: your taxes at work.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Re: The logo is wrong

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I like this old version better. In the modern logo, the Collingwood flag looks like an extension of the Magpie's tail.
Arch@M32
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Arch@M32 »

Aussie soldier of 13 years and i have always preferred this version. I find nothing offensive about the way the flags are positioned in this older version in fact i prefer it.
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Here's the thread about this from 2003:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Oh, and another from last year:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Still entertaining reading!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Care factor zero.

I don't understand how people get so heated up over where the flag sits relative to others. Yep there's a protocol, I had to find and download it once when we had a flag display in the foyer where I worked with the Australian, Aboriginal and Torres St Islander flags together and someone got bitter and twisted about the placement of the Australian flag because the Aboriginal flag was in the centre and therefore more prominent.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

The AUS flag looks so WRONG in the newer version. If you look at our logo, the flags have flag posts from the centre EST crest (how else would the flags stand upright and flutter?). The flag post should be at the left of the union Jack on our national flag (unless looking at the back of the flag). In the newer version, the flag post is basically on the right side. It looks so wrong and back-to-front. Oh, and while we're at it, any chance changing the black and white flag to freakin' VERTICAL stripes? We're not Geelong! Even Port have black and white vertical stripes on their logo. Why not us? WTF is with our thick horizontal bars?
Est. 2002
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Arch@M32 wrote:Aussie soldier of 13 years and i have always preferred this version. I find nothing offensive about the way the flags are positioned in this older version in fact i prefer it.
How did I miss this? A 13 year old soldier!
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Wow! I don't think there has ever been such a stupid thread. Simply amazingly dumb stuff.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
MagpieMad

Re: The logo is wrong

Post by MagpieMad »

MadOnPies wrote:G'day just a heads up, the Collingwood logo should have the Australian flag on the left. It is law for any logo using the Australian flag to have it on the left.
From 1991 to 2003 we had it on the right hand side but we had to change it to comply with federal law.
Just look at it in the left hand top corner then look to the right hand top corner. Research it, whatever. It's wrong, trust me.

It's so unfortunate that I have seen many recent Collingwood tattoos with the flags wrong. It's been changed for almost a decade.

I don't mean to nit pick but I can't believe you haven't been told before and if you have I can't believe that you haven't changed it yet.
The logos on the Bulletin Board pre-date the change and where made by Mike as was the rest of the BB, there is no reason to change them, it dates the site and the BB quite well IMO.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!