Pies set to trade Young

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Adz

Pies set to trade Young

Post by Adz »

Collingwood utility Tom Young is set to be traded to the Western Bulldogs for a late draft pick.

Young, 20, a former NSW scholarship holder, played two games for the Magpies this season to add to the seven he played for Collingwood last year.

The 191cm, 91kg Magpie is set to bolster the Western Bulldogs list after they also picked up Koby Stevens from West Coast.

In other likely moves, Sydney Campbell Heath is in talks with Port Adelaide about a possible move to Alberton.

Advertisement

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... z2AGM4q6aw
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Wonder if we use that Pick to Bring Jordan Russell in
I am Da Man
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

Probably more about ensuring Young is looked after and goes to the club he wants to go to.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Rather keep Young than Clarke.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
woftam

Post by woftam »

Dave The Man wrote:Wonder if we use that Pick to Bring Jordan Russell in
What pick? Russell will be delisted. Don't need a pick
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Only 2 games in 2012. Both Clarke and Buckley were well ahead of him. If Russell also comes in, he'd move even further down the list. No reason to keep him if we're not going to play him.
Well done boys!
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

MOTR wrote:Probably more about ensuring Young is looked after and goes to the club he wants to go to.
Exactly. We have done the same with one or two other players in recent years - trade them to a club they are happy to go to, in exchange for a meaningless pick we don't use. So much better than the personal disaster of delisting.

It's a good thing that we are prepared to do this to help our lads, and in the long run, it's good for the club too - players know that the club will try to look after them and that helps build trust and loyalty.
Last edited by Tannin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Dave The Man wrote:Wonder if we use that Pick to Bring Jordan Russell in
Pretty sure Russell is a delisted free agent so Carlton get nothing because they have actually put him off their list. The only thing Collingwood have to do is ensure there is a spot on the list of 40 and make sure we have space in the salary cap.
A spot on the list of 40 would have to be at the expense of someone that is worse than Russell.
At his best he was in AA contention a couple years back.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

swoop42 wrote:Rather keep Young than Clarke.
Agreed.

I'm telling you all, Young is a ball magnet and he'll develop into a very good player at some point.... J P Kennedy style.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Happy with this deal. He probably wasn't going to have much opportunity going forward, so we did the deal. It'll also open up a spot for someone else.

You don't hold onto someone on the off chance that the may become a very good player at some point - we've done that too often in the past.
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

burnsy17 wrote:
Agreed.

I'm telling you all, Young is a ball magnet and he'll develop into a very good player at some point.... J P Kennedy style.
Agree 100%. Big bodied midfielder with no fear. Shit decision by the club.
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

i did see a few glimpses with young...but something was always not quite right with him as a player.

if i'm being honest, it was probably the red hair.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

He has got something but he hasn't clicked. Will he ever click? I don't know.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

nomadjack wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
Agreed.

Agree 100%. Big bodied midfielder with no fear. Shit decision by the club.
I agree. He knows how to get the ball & he is tough. The only -ve I can see is he's not quite polished. I would have kept him.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
88MPH

Post by 88MPH »

Rather keep Young than Clarke.
No way known.

Clarke had a poor year it's true but he is a bona fide superstar in the making.

Wait until he gets another solid pre-season under his belt this year. Whilst I admit that he needs to work on his strength in one-on-one contests and his overhead marking (both of which are foreign to the Gaelic game) his engine is elite and his skills are top shelf for someone who didn't grow up kicking an oval ball.

Let's revisit Marty Clarke in 12 months time. Methinks that the tone of the "get rid of Clarke" posts will have changed by then.
3KZ is football