#2 Shane Woewodin

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

For those who kock him, 23 possesions last night half of which were hard ball gets. No soft touches there. He gets smacked around every game and he does not bitch to the umpires.

Solid game.
Foreverpies

Post by Foreverpies »

GET A LIFE MADELEINE... :roll:

Excellent work WPW!!
:lol:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I'm with Madelaine.... I'm not Woey's biggest fan, but gee he played a fantastic game against the Roos.

Love it when he puts his body on the line, makes him a much more rounded player.
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

Settle down... he is no star.
omega

Post by omega »

As long as he plays like that when he is closely checked I will be happy. He was great against the Crows when he was able to run free. He did let Rawlings his opponent get 26 possessions, if the other team was dominant like us that would have been more telling
Always take time to smell the sweet scent of the roses.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

I believe if you stop thinking because he won a Brownlow he is a Buckley you will change your opinion. He is by no means a star, but we got him for a shit draft pick and the Dees pay X amount of his income. He would no way be in my top 5 on the list, but he would be in my starting 22.

He is just starting to get use to how a quality team plays and how to play with a qaulity team. He does get caught at times, but who doesn't? Some of his possesions are just quality.
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

A shit draft pick? He was taken in the same round as Goddard, Wells, Brennan, Salopek and Schammer. Yep, they're all shit. I have no problem with him being in the side, but he is no 'superstar'.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

I don't think we had a pick in the first ten. That's what I call a shit draft pick.
pepstar

Post by pepstar »

Give him a break.....

He has been playing for a roller coaster team for a few years and over 100 games.

He now has to learn our style of play and Mickey's gameplan..

i can guarantee he'll be even better next year than this year.

Williams from WC is in the same boat...
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

We had pick 14, aka a first round draft pick. That's what I call a good draft pick. He is a decent player but we did NOT give up bugger all to get him.
zoia

Post by zoia »

he is a star
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Out of curiosity who was picks, 11, 12, 13 & 15? Last years draftees were not as good as in previous years and as many coaches stated before the draft the best 6 players will go in the first 6 picks. We were in a position of getting a junior to develop or a player with experience that can play in the seniors straight away. As I said if you stop comparing him top Buckley because he has won a Brownlow your view will change.

Or is Malthouse an idiot for getting him?
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

I don't know about 11,12 and 15... but Byron Schammer was recruited at #13. Absolute gun. MM is not an idiot for getting Woey, but Pies supporters going around saying we got him for nothing is not true.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Good point, Schamma has impressed. Interesting to see how his year goes. Starred against the Lions. I think he has caught a few teams off guard. I don't think he would play the same game as Woey has. Woey is tagged each game, Schamma hasn't been. Interesting to see how Schamma goes when someone tags him. Milne looked good now he has someone on his arse every game he is not the same player.

Tell em what do you expect of Woey? Or do you just dislike him?

I am not a Woey fan, but he isn’t a dud like many have been saying.
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

I thought he would have an outstanding year when we got him. He has been OK, but not as good as I thought he would be. I was expecting him to average 25 possessions a game and win the B&F. Maybe I was expecting too much, but he has disappointed me this year, especially with his leg speed.