Is Nick's a footy forum or political / history discussion?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

woftam wrote:There is a political forum, but certain posters delight in turning just about every subject in the general discussion forum into an ethics or political discussion. Drives me bonkers as well September Zeros.
+1

SZ start using your ignore list, does wonders, put the smart arses and tossers on it.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

Footy is life, politics, history, religion, art AND sport.
McRae for Governor-General!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

the ru is on fire wrote:Footy is life, politics, history, religion, art AND sport.
yup, I get a lesson in all these things every time I vist Nick's. Almost always ends up with googling words, names, places and events I've never heard of before :o
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

MagpieMad wrote:SZ start using your ignore list, does wonders, put the smart arses and tossers on it.
I tried that last year. Then I couldn't figure out why there were only three new posts a week after that. :shock:
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Magpiemad probably can't see your reply post tannin 8)
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

In the off season, GD is boring so some of the VPT creeps in. Once footy actually starts again, equilibrium returns.

But, inherently, Nicks is a footy forum. That's it's reason for being and why people came here. The other forums are special interest parts of the board.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

I see.......For special people right? All I can say stui is bring on next Friday night!!
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Pa Marmo »

September Zeros wrote:Magpiemad probably can't see your reply post tannin 8)
Tannin probably can't see his own posts. :D
Genesis 1:1
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

September Zeros wrote:I see.......For special people right? All I can say stui is bring on next Friday night!!
Bring on Friday night, agreed.

LOL at the "special people". There's lots of sub forums that aren't about Collingwood or AFL on Nicks, the Tavern is one of the busier ones, the DTM forum comes into it's own at trade and draft time. Sometimes things over lap.

Roll on Friday night and the start of the season when we can get back to genuine footy discussion again, like having hundreds of pages and tens of threads about why Travis Cloke and his dad should go and kill themselves because they won't sign a contract when the supporters demand them to. So much more interesting than a bit of politics or history. :wink: :lol: :lol:

BTW, on that note, I like daisy and I think he will stay. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Jack Spain and Hiss used to be great value. Not sure what happened over the past 2 or so years. Hiss went from being a fun parody (where have the wife stories gone?) to predictably boring, and Jack Spain went from telling it like it is to a soap-box 'back-in-my-day' cliche.

Bring back the fun!

FFS people ... it's just football!
Est. 2002
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Only 5 days away
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

If Essendum beat us, this place will go into meltdown
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

frankiboy wrote:
the ru is on fire wrote:Footy is life, politics, history, religion, art AND sport.
yup, I get a lesson in all these things every time I vist Nick's. Almost always ends up with googling words, names, places and events I've never heard of before :o
AND at least it proves that unlike the media portrays us, we are NOT a bunch of toothless, feral, dole bludging, pissed as farts, uneducated peasants, the great unwashed, the tatooed crims we are so often painted. ! :P :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

stui magpie wrote:
September Zeros wrote:I see.......For special people right? All I can say stui is bring on next Friday night!!
Bring on Friday night, agreed.

LOL at the "special people". There's lots of sub forums that aren't about Collingwood or AFL on Nicks, the Tavern is one of the busier ones, the DTM forum comes into it's own at trade and draft time. Sometimes things over lap.

Roll on Friday night and the start of the season when we can get back to genuine footy discussion again, like having hundreds of pages and tens of threads about why Travis Cloke and his dad should go and kill themselves because they won't sign a contract when the supporters demand them to. So much more interesting than a bit of politics or history. :wink: :lol: :lol:

BTW, on that note, I like daisy and I think he will stay. :P
most don't even go outside of GD and have no idea of the real depth of Nicks, their loss.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

Piesnchess wrote:
frankiboy wrote:
AND at least it proves that unlike the media portrays us, we are NOT a bunch of toothless, feral, dole bludging, pissed as farts, uneducated peasants, the great unwashed, the tatooed crims we are so often painted. ! :P :!:
umm I'd guess we have our fair share of the stereotypes here :)